[2.3] KB CoC Obliterate Gladiator - 247% enemy life explosions

Introduction
Over 100% of enemy life is dealt as blood explosion on kill and then we get some overkill through dual Obliteration. Kinetic Blast and Cast on Crit with phys spells are used to cause bleeding from overlapping explosions and to kill the first few mobs.

Mechanics
The base damage is 10% of enemy life as physical damage, we scale that through pure physical damage and then generic damage scaling, and finally from Phys added as Elemental/Chaos. Our buff are as follows:
  • Hatred: 36% of phys as cold damage
  • Herald of Ash: 15% of phys as fire damage
  • 2x Obliterate: 26-30% of phys as chaos
  • Force Shaper: 5% of phys as chaos
  • Unholy Might: 30% of phys as chaos

This is before any flasks, and our choice of offensive flasks are also useful defensively

Then we get 7 frenzy charges, and things start getting fun. The total damage is 102.98% of enemy life with just the base items and auras. With every buff and charges up we get a potential 246.71% of enemy life dealt as damage before mitigation and curses/shocks. Don't believe me? Here's a spreadsheet with some damage calculations.

Pros
  • 1-shot packs, even in full parties
  • CoC, easy surgeon's flask uptime
  • Fun with with rampage
  • No corpses left behind (Explosions + Shatter)
  • Max spell block with Rumi's up

Cons
  • Phys reflect hurts
  • It's still CoC, might get kicked from parties
  • Slightly laggy when everything blows up
  • Only 5k life
  • Obviously not geared for Atziri/Lab running

Setup

Self-explanatory, KB bleeds & crits, bladefall procs, everything dies, EK mops up
For single target swap EK for Barrage, and Kinetic Blast for Glacial Cascade.
Sustain is done through duelist leech nodes and from gear, but mana gain on hit also works. When you use a level 1 Barrage normal mana regen will sustain it.
Auras
Hatred + Herald of Ash buffs all our damage except Obliterate explosions.
Curses
We don't need any, but if you can slot it in Poacher's Mark is great for sustain and flask charge generation. For more damage use a high level Vulnerability since we have the int anyway. Blasphemy with those offensive curses won't help that much, since we're off-screening mobs.
Other gems
*Blood Rage for frenzy charges
*Ice Golem for accuracy/crit
*Frost Wall + Totem for cheesing bosses
*Frenzy + PCoC for sustain vs bosses
*CwDT+IC+duration+Vaal Haste for obvious reasons.

Offense

The KB damage is not too high to 1-shot from reflect, not too low to leech from. Accuracy is a bit low, could use some flat acc from gear. Here Buffed refers to level 21 Ice Golem, 7 Frenzy charges, 3 Power Charges, Atziri Flask, 28% ToH, and Unholy Might from onslaught.
Hideout

Buffed

Ek (17) Buffed

Bladefall (18) Buffed

Defenses

5k life, otherwise mixed defenses.

Flasks up, we also get blind from smoke cloud and 8% additional block when hit

Gear

Mandatory Uniques
Basically high roll Obliteration wands, ideally both 10.56 crit. Atziri's Flask greatly amplifies damage and provides massive leech.

Gear Recommendation
Jewelry

Life, res, crit, some int maybe. A rare rustic sash with high life and flask suffixes is highly recommended for QoL. If you really want unique rings for extra damage go for either

Actual jewels should have a combination of area damage, generic damage, physical damage, and life. They're a huge damage boost, since 1 phys mod can roll 16% and most phys damage nodes on the tree are ~10% dmg.

Helmet

Rare with life + res + accuracy, I had to craft int on mine in order to use the wands. Rat's nest or Devotos would also help with clear speed.

Gloves

Before I got a pair of Shadows & Dust I used rares with life, accuracy, and flat phys+attack speed. Any Rampage gloves will do, although the crit and unholy mightare BIS

Chest

I'm actually using a rare because I have bad luck linking uniques. BIS is actually a Cospri's Will but I don't own one yet.
Other option include Lioneye's Vision if you can recolour it without going bankrupt and a Coil if you can cap res. Otherwise just use a Carcass/Belly, those are fairly common and easy to colour.

Boots

Same goes with above, I'm using a rare but you could use either of the following for damage/QoL.

Passives

Ascendancy
  1. Gratuitous Violence (Self-Explanatory)
  2. Painforged (Block and generic 40% damage)
  3. Versatile Combatant (Cap spellblock with Rumi's)
  4. Blood in the Eyes (30% dmg, bleed + maim) or Outmatch & Outlast (More Damage/Mitigation)

Note that we probably won't get charge generation from Outmatch & Outlast

Bandits
Oak, Oak, Kraitlyn
Passives

Tree: 112 points

For level 100 there's a bunch of options
  • Grab flask/movespeed/accuracy nodes in Ranger area
  • Finish the Atropy wheel in Shadow area, take proj damage jewel socket
  • Take Acro/Phase acro, then some 4% life nodes
  • Get the Revenge of the Hunted life wheel (we're too far from Scion) for 190% life

Addendum & Variations
  • Inspired by Dela's Obliterate build, an early version of which I saw on reddit.
  • Swap obliteration for some actual CoC imbued wands that have >100% spell damage and higher crit/aps. Those will have higher spell damage but less KB damage, meaning we'll need mana gain on hit jewels to sustain
  • There's actually very little wand specific nodes that we grab, so you can easily go dual-dagger and use spectral throw/whirling blades if you prefer that playstyle.
  • Get a Cospri's will and corrupt Vuln on hit gloves - KB hits will now bleed and apply curse, with the explosions doing massively amplified poison damage. You can also go Assassin to emphasize the Obliterate explosions instead of the bleed one from Gladiator.
Last edited by Schaller on Aug 2, 2016, 6:55:25 AM
Last bumped on Jul 31, 2016, 12:34:32 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info