In this thread we share our derp moments.

For the longest time I had "Fire and Brimstone" prophecy active. I kept wondering, why hasn't fire tempest procced on any areas? Finally, trying to clear out a Plague of Rats prophecy, I zoned into Crematorium, and saw I had "Kill Hatebeat while..."

that wasn't a tempest prophecy... it was a Fated Unique prophecy...

Wow, I felt dumb!

What are your latest derps?
Need game info? Check out the Wiki at: https://www.poewiki.net/

Contact support@grindinggear.com for account issues. Check out How to Report Bugs + Post Images at: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/18347
Last bumped on Jul 29, 2016, 12:35:38 PM
Blade vortexed onto mirror copy of Atziri, go back in apex, build up a full stack of blade vortex and jump right back on the mirror copy. Usually I would've been pretty annoyed but instead I just laughed at my stupidity.
Sound the dread alarm, through the primal body! Sound the reveille, to be or not to be. Rise! Stay the grand finale! Stay the reading of our swan song and epilogue. One drive to stay alive! Elementary, muster every fiber. Mobilize! Stay alive!
I press escape to close all windows. Doing uber lab, I see someone science vaal a Reach of the council, so I open the chat and hover over the item to see the result. I see monsters coming on screen so I quickly press escape (because my brain thought the item window was another type of windows). It opens the menu and I clicked right on exit game (wanting to click to move).
I actually do this a lot (exit to login screen or game) but generally not when running something with only 1 portal that you can't leave.
used flicker strike physical damage with multi strike on atziri, forgot the mirror atziri and oneshooted myself.
I will never be good but always I try to improve.
Found a Titanium Spirit Shield with T1 flat ES, T1 hybrid ES, T2 Int and 2 good resists.

Crafted master % with a view to removing the master mod and exalting when I found an exalt.

Some time later an exalt dropped.

Took the shield out of my stash and placed it in my inventory.
Put the exalt one side of it.
Put a scour the other side of it.

Then after a huge brain fart I applied the scour then the exalt in quick succession and got the message: Item is not rare.

FUUUUUUUUUU.

Maybe it saved me an exalt, maybe it cost me a GG item.

I'll never know.
Casually casual.

I once alched a map, read the mods, and I thought it said that the monsters deal 15% increased elemental damage. Ran it, RIPed myself on the first pack I saw. Turns out 15% increased ele damage is not even a mod that can roll. You can probably guess what it actually was.

I was so close to that level 90 HC achievement as well...
Face it, all of your suggestions are worse than this idea:
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/657756
Open Vaal area with my almost level 94 Ranger while on the phone. Did not look at the mods and forgot even Vaal areas can have reflect. Oneshot...
For about 15 levels or so, I was running around with Weapon Elemental Damage in my unarmed shield charge build.

Some habits are just hard to break when building a character...
Somewhere in my stash is a 1% quality Life Leech gem. Not from a strongbox, but from me using a gcp during my day of playing the game. Found the gcp, read the description and thought, "Cool this will add 5% like that scrap thing did for my armor."

I got killed by Vegan in a fight once. Saw him out in the open in one of the encounters where you don't have to zone into a little room to fight him. Just as I clicked to start the fight a tormented spirit rushes in from just off screen and possessed him!!!!! He went into super OP Vegan Assault mode and killed me while I was still trying to process what had just happened. I had no idea it was possible for him to get possessed.
Last edited by Qiox on Jul 29, 2016, 12:36:26 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info