The state of PvP in PoE

There is no "state" of PvP because its most likely, hands down, the worst "balanced" PvP ever in any game ever released.

Open battle.net diablo 2 with hacks was more balanced than this games PvP.

Im getting tired of running the same maps over and over... its like this game needs something else for endgame because obviously PvP aint it.
Last bumped on Feb 1, 2018, 7:11:16 PM
Gotta be honest, I think this is the first time ANYONE has made mention of how poorly balanced pvp in this game is, 'cause I think most of us have been talking about how great it is and that it should be left alone.
Lavender or Leave.
PvPresident, 2016
//
You'd better run.
“EA is fine” -relith
Nonsense, I've never found any aspect of pvp to be even slightly unbalanced.

I think you've only sampled a small part of pvp and judged all of it based on that, even if some skills were to be a bit stronger then others, do you honestly think everyone would jump on those skills? Surely you have more faith in us.
"That's nice cupcake" ~ Rlowe, 1984 - RIP in pieces, least we 4get
"""Everyone is an asshole and I'm awesome" ~ Mygalomorphae, 2016" ~ philophil, 2016" ~ Mygalomorphae, 2016
"Fuck." ~ Rlowe, 2017
"...post-ironic thread..." ~ Rlowe, 2017
"
Gotta be honest, I think this is the first time ANYONE has made mention of how poorly balanced pvp in this game is, 'cause I think most of us have been talking about how great it is and that it should be left alone.

I can't tell if serious.

If you are, it's pretty obvious you never played a real PvP game ever. Also, comparing this game to diablo 2 since arpgs and such, there would be hundreds of people PvPing at any given time in d2, but in poe Ha.. usually 5 tops, so that should be extremely telling.
Last edited by Gorsz on Jul 24, 2016, 3:12:35 AM
I like turtles
Poe Pvp experience
https://youtu.be/Z6eg3aB_V1g?t=302
[removed]
Last edited by Aodui on Sep 1, 2017, 12:38:29 PM
"
Gorsz wrote:

There is no "state" of PvP because its most likely, hands down, the worst "balanced" PvP ever in any game ever released.

Seen worst game's pvp support, however those games doesn't have this kind of pvp community.
[Gear & Club] ¯\(°_°)/¯ #1 Professional Afk Club /2133058
[Hideout] New Oriath /2505008
[Pvp Trophy] PVP #1 EU & US EA /1591888 | | BM EA /1431163
[Dead] PSC La /1682118, Build BM PA /1296491, BM IG LL ST /1121092, Shop /874905
"God's in his Heaven, All's right with the world!" IGN: Libritannia
Gorsz is just another guy that is losing or has already lost faith. Started this game expecting it to eventually evolve into a PvP oriented end game. That rewarded time spent farming boring PvM content to better your character. Expected to be able to effectively outplay, out gear and out think others in PvP to win i.e involve brains/skill/reactions.

Instead he got 1 shot off screen by a guy playing Pokemon Go and not even looking. This same guy is missing 90% of his body, hes just a head propped up near a keyboard/mouse and his cell phone. Later on that day he killed himself on an afk players Tempest/Cwdt set up troll character. That guy wasn't even near his pc, was instead at the store or taking a dump.

PvP wouldn't be so bad if it weren't for everyone playing the "broken" stuff though. You do get decent matches sometimes. Thing is at some point you have to come to terms with what this game is. It's a game based on lots of build freedom and itemization. The only way you can ever balance PvP in this game to some degree is to hard cap certain mechanics and apply a proper PvP algorithm. I.e 40% crit chance, 400% multiplier, 5% life regen, es recharge caps, 50% block cap, 30/40 dodge cap with the block penalty still attached. Things like this allow you to still farm for the very best gear but eliminate topping it off in problematic ways i.e Rumi's. You build your character around these caps, they don't limit how good your gear has to be. If anything you'd find it opens up more gear freedom, allowing you to swap more easily regardless of your build to handle PvP issues etc. You don't give PvP only gear, normalized stats across the board or anything of that nature because that distracts from farming altogether. Only way the two co-exists is when you balance PvP this way where you both feel the game is balance and your gear/gear choices matter. Right now gear choices matter only so much, builds are hard countered more then they should be and/or you die instantly even in the very best gear in the game.
GGG, the ADA of gaming....huuuur i gotz mai skilz.
IGN: MullaXul
Last edited by MullaXul on Jul 24, 2016, 10:01:59 AM
"
MullaXul wrote:
Gorsz is just another guy that is losing or has already lost faith. Started this game expecting it to eventually evolve into a PvP oriented end game. That rewarded time spent farming boring PvM content to better your character. Expected to be able to effectively outplay, out gear and out think others in PvP to win i.e involve brains/skill/reactions.

Instead he got 1 shot off screen by a guy playing Pokemon Go and not even looking. This same guy is missing 90% of his body, hes just a head propped up near a keyboard/mouse and his cell phone. Later on that day he killed himself on an afk players Tempest/Cwdt set up troll character. That guy wasn't even near his pc, was instead at the store or taking a dump.

PvP wouldn't be so bad if it weren't for everyone playing the "broken" stuff though. You do get decent matches sometimes.

Wow.. its scary how accurate you are :)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info