Bleeding on Hit Help

i need help determining which bleeding on hit mods are local and global.

there are many unique weapons that can grant bleeding on hit. for instance the relatively new unique claw Rive (http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Rive) causes bleeding on hit. is this mod local or global? do i need to hit with this weapon in order for the bleed to be applied?

the unique dagger Goredrill (http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Goredrill) causes melee critical strikes to apply bleed. is this local or global? do i need to crit with this weapon in order for the bleed to be applied?

and last but not least is the vagan weapon mod, "Causes bleeding on hit". if i put this on a dagger, is it local or global? do i need to hit with the weapon with that mod in order for the bleed to be applied?

essentially i run a ground slam cast on crit build that i want to market around poison applied to bleeding characters. im looking for a stat stick to apply bleed with my mace/ground slam (all while 2nd weapon never attacks). i need to know which weapon, if any, would work in such a manor.

thanks for the help and replies
Last edited by xMustard on Jul 23, 2016, 12:50:56 AM
Last bumped on Jul 23, 2016, 4:30:54 PM
Pretty sure Goredrill is global and the others are local. I haven't tested them though.

It seems like Voidheart would be the best option though.
Face it, all of your suggestions are worse than this idea:
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/657756
Last edited by dudiobugtron on Jul 23, 2016, 1:06:17 AM
"
dudiobugtron wrote:
Pretty sure Goredrill is global and the others are local. I haven't tested them though.

Right, it's pretty much the same as the mod on Knight of the Doubting Mark and that one is global.

If the weapon says just 'bleeding on hit', it's local.
Wish the armchair developers would go back to developing armchairs.

◄[www.moddb.com/mods/balancedux]►
◄[www.moddb.com/mods/one-vision1]►
ya voidheart is definitely the best option but also by far the most expensive.

i'll probably rethink things and find a different way to apply bleed. using a different skill is somewhat out of the question because i must use death's hand for primary. i do really have to think this through because i don't want to waste my restat on the character i'll be using.

so basically i'll be using ground slam (good aoe skill which only uses primary hand mace) with death's hand (high crit chance, power charge generation, unholy might buff for proc'd spells).
i am an assassin and i'll have both toxic delivery and noxious strike, which is what i want to take advantage of.

few patches ago i ran this build with hatred, herald of ash, pyre ring and pre-nerf consuming dark. this gave me such outrageous chaos damage and the poison stack literally INSTANTLY killed all bosses, atziri included. i essentially want the same effect.
not using consuming dark will free up my auras for defensive options or whatever else i want, but i definitely won't have as much chaos damage. however if i can apply "poison" then that will also calculate my physical damage from the proc'd spells as well. not to mention the 100% inc dmg from poison applied by critical strikes.

i do have 95% crit strike with both ground slam and spells with a certain dagger. it would probably go down using Goredrill, but that also allows me to apply bleed which will bring noxious strike (40% chance to Poison on Hit against Bleeding Enemies) into play. see the bleed aspect of noxious strike is on hit with attacks, where as the poison and maim is purely on hit meaning the proc'd spells can trigger it.
but the main point in bleeding enemies is for toxic delivery "Gain 20% of Physical Damage as Extra Chaos Damage against Bleeding Enemies"

it would be beneficial to have that bonus 100% of the time, like it used to have before it was changed (tho it was only 10% at that time), however i think it would still amount to much more DPS to just run consuming dark/pyre even after the nerfs.
guess i'll have to test a lot and find out
"
xMustard wrote:
ya voidheart is definitely the best option but also by far the most expensive.

edit: didnt see that you are in standard
Last edited by Farfan on Jul 23, 2016, 2:12:31 PM
"
Farfan wrote:
edit: didnt see that you are in standard

It got pretty expensive in prophecy too as people started to pull out, a buddy bought the prophecy for 30c after three weeks, I got it for 50c after some five weeks and it's an exalt now. Plus Bameth if you don't get lucky, probably better to just buy the ring straight out.
Wish the armchair developers would go back to developing armchairs.

◄[www.moddb.com/mods/balancedux]►
◄[www.moddb.com/mods/one-vision1]►

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info