GhazzyTV - Beginner's Build: Lich Queen Skeleton Summoner [AWAKENER FARMABLE]

This build is insane and i am having a blast leveling it.

I am used to SRS builds but i always didnt like the ramp up time, you constantly have to recast your RS alot. Here you do a quick cast and get 6 out of 9 skeletons, its like getting 14 Raging Spirits in a single cast.

I expected slightly worse dps compared to a SRS build but i am surprised that even with a 4 link you clear maps fast and bring bosses down quickly. The hardest part when fighting bosses is to see anything beside all the flying projectiles. :)

While leveling i used a Reverberation wand early on to get me an improved pseudo 4 link.
Now i am using Haste and Elemental Weakness with Blasphemy. The remaining mana is enough and you only wish for more when recasting all your zombies.

For QoL i invested into Potenzy of Will, it increases the time of Flesh Offering and Desecrate.
According to Wiki it should increase charge times as well but as it looks it doesent.
Is this a bug or intended?

Since the element of mage skeletons are random and there are 3 elements i did invest in EE.
Even in a bad case when half of the skeletons using the same element and hitting first, its still a slight dps increase.
"
Xirce wrote:
This build is insane and i am having a blast leveling it.

I am used to SRS builds but i always didnt like the ramp up time, you constantly have to recast your RS alot. Here you do a quick cast and get 6 out of 9 skeletons, its like getting 14 Raging Spirits in a single cast.

I expected slightly worse dps compared to a SRS build but i am surprised that even with a 4 link you clear maps fast and bring bosses down quickly. The hardest part when fighting bosses is to see anything beside all the flying projectiles. :)

While leveling i used a Reverberation wand early on to get me an improved pseudo 4 link.
Now i am using Haste and Elemental Weakness with Blasphemy. The remaining mana is enough and you only wish for more when recasting all your zombies.

For QoL i invested into Potenzy of Will, it increases the time of Flesh Offering and Desecrate.
According to Wiki it should increase charge times as well but as it looks it doesent.
Is this a bug or intended?

Since the element of mage skeletons are random and there are 3 elements i did invest in EE.
Even in a bad case when half of the skeletons using the same element and hitting first, its still a slight dps increase.

Glad you like it!

No duration nodes doesn't affect charges.

It's too randomized for me to feel that EE is beneficial, though the lightning skellies are the worst ones so I guess it's fine :)
Guides: https://www.poe-vault.com/guides/ghazzy-guide-hub
YT: https://www.youtube.com/GhazzyTV
Twitch: https://www.twitch.tv/ghazzytv
"
Ghazzy wrote:

Glad you like it!

No duration nodes doesn't affect charges.

It's too randomized for me to feel that EE is beneficial, though the lightning skellies are the worst ones so I guess it's fine :)

Its true, you hardly feel the benefit of EE but from a mathematical point of view it should be a dps increase. Therefore i keep it for now. :)

It would work much better by the use of a lightning skill like arc right after casting the skeletons (since they have a little delay before they attack). This would push the fire and ice skeletons. Something like Arc, Curse on Hit, Elemental Weakness and maybe an extra Chain to get a whole pack covered.

Then Blasphemy wouldnt be needed anymore and Haste could be put in an Essence Worm ring. Together with Anger and Generosity, this would probably give the most dps out of this build.

Atm i am experimenting with CwDT and Convocation. This bring your meatshields back to you when needed, but surprisingly not the skeletons.
I would strongly recommend EE/CoH procs to be done via OoS specially as you are using a build that requires a lot of casting, the OoS maintains the EE on a consistent basis.
"
Ghazzy wrote:
I would strongly recommend EE/CoH procs to be done via OoS specially as you are using a build that requires a lot of casting, the OoS maintains the EE on a consistent basis.

Thanks, i tried it and the extra cast really isnt my kind of thing. So i am back to Hatred and Blasphemy + Ele Weakness. This way i can run CwDT with Immortal Call and Convocation.

At 76 i am running uber lab now. The first 2 trials are easy since you can run around him without getting any hit. The last one is either running in traps constantly or getting oneshoted. Even with 4.5k life and 2k ES this bastard oneshots you.
And with 8 zombies, 1 golem, 1 spectre, 9 skeletons and probably 100 projectiles flying around you cant even see when he does it.

Funny thing is my minions still finish him off but too late for me.

So whats the trick here? Quitting the game like i always want when entering the lab or becoming a master in trap jumping? I dont know, the whole concept of the hated lab is beyond me.
I ended up getting to level 100 with this build, great build Ghazzy. I used 7 dusts and went with anger 21 on essence worm and envy from united. Went towards dreamer and leadership to get the mana right, though shaving off life wants to make me cry.
Spoiler

Had no problem with beachheads and shaped reefs was a great map to grind for this build. T16 guardians was a joke way easy with skelly and was able to get 40 challenges done including ubers.

Here's the adjustments I made to skill tree to suit my needs. www.poeurl.com/bBqA you can see the gear I used on SOMfeldushTheprickler on my profile if it helps anyone. Those essence of greed can get you a lot of life on Ar gear, consider using them on this build. Burgonet with 40% skeleton enchant and essence of greed does wonders when compared to bone helmet.
Last edited by jripper93 on Oct 25, 2017, 8:49:51 AM
"
Xirce wrote:
"
Ghazzy wrote:

Thanks, i tried it and the extra cast really isnt my kind of thing. So i am back to Hatred and Blasphemy + Ele Weakness. This way i can run CwDT with Immortal Call and Convocation.

At 76 i am running uber lab now. The first 2 trials are easy since you can run around him without getting any hit. The last one is either running in traps constantly or getting oneshoted. Even with 4.5k life and 2k ES this bastard oneshots you.
And with 8 zombies, 1 golem, 1 spectre, 9 skeletons and probably 100 projectiles flying around you cant even see when he does it.

Funny thing is my minions still finish him off but too late for me.

So whats the trick here? Quitting the game like i always want when entering the lab or becoming a master in trap jumping? I dont know, the whole concept of the hated lab is beyond me.

Yeah.. I hate the lab, it's an evil necessity :/

You either have to learn to dodge the traps, get a boost or skip the lab which sucks but that's sadly the case.

"
jripper93 wrote:
I ended up getting to level 100 with this build, great build Ghazzy. I used 7 dusts and went with anger 21 on essence worm and envy from united. Went towards dreamer and leadership to get the mana right, though shaving off life wants to make me cry.
Spoiler

Had no problem with beachheads and shaped reefs was a great map to grind for this build. T16 guardians was a joke way easy with skelly and was able to get 40 challenges done including ubers.

Here's the adjustments I made to skill tree to suit my needs. www.poeurl.com/bBqA you can see the gear I used on SOMfeldushTheprickler on my profile if it helps anyone. Those essence of greed can get you a lot of life on Ar gear, consider using them on this build. Burgonet with 40% skeleton enchant and essence of greed does wonders when compared to bone helmet.

Hey,

That's awesome bro, gratz!
Looks solid :)
Hey Ghazzy,

is this build still good for 3.1 or even better with the Changes?

Maybe u can make a little update for 3.1?

Thx
hey mate is this build can make a good starter build for 3.1?

Thanks
Hey!
some example gear would be nice to see for this build, or perhaps instead some example effective DPS numbers to shoot for - in Path of building, I'm getting around 11k edps per skelly, against normal mobs, with the fire projectiles, without any gear besides the two dark reckoning and victario's charity, having PCs and FCs checked for the skellies. That doesn't sound like a lot, around 88k dps with 8 skellies. Naturally I'm missing gear. I'm wondering what sort of eDPS can be reached, what would be considered good or great etc.

Also I think path of building still uses the 3.0 version of skellies, they did get that buff from 30% less added damage to 50% more, after all. Could we abuse that in some way?

Thanks for any updates and info!
Mew~

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info