Borderlands 2

Thats what im doing until 2.4 comes out
Another day , Another chaos
Last bumped on Jul 22, 2016, 12:39:29 PM
A worthy choice, the Pre-Sequel didn't make a lasting impression on me.
Wish the armchair developers would go back to developing armchairs.

◄[www.moddb.com/mods/balancedux]►
◄[www.moddb.com/mods/one-vision1]►
Tried playing it on playstation now and the camera control and field of view just felt off to me. I couldn't enjoy it. Was probably just a little too laggy.
Make sure you go to claptraps party.. he be sad if you dont!
POE is life. POE is ♥.
A damn fine choice. I fired it back up myself a few days ago, maybe I'll be able to stick with it and not burn out after halfway through op5 like the last time lol.

Got to scorch in digistruct peak trying to get to op6, got him about oohhhh 90% dead, and a sneaky ass repair drone came in while reloading and healed the bitch to FULL in like .2 seconds.
Earth shattering, universe ending, soul crushing levels of rage lmfao. Didnt even register in my brain it like broke my rageometer or something. Calmest rage-quit ever.

But, *claps* got a ways to go before i get to that point again.

The OP system after ultimate vault hunter mode is like the fiercest anti-power-creep system ever, only those who are truly interested in (or are fully blown into) masochism need go this far lol.

"You put the pans in pansy!" ~ A flippin genius.
I tried playing it HC a few times including all sidequests, played a gunzerker last time and reeped in Hero's Pass to some snipers. PoE never managed to piss me off so much.
Wish the armchair developers would go back to developing armchairs.

◄[www.moddb.com/mods/balancedux]►
◄[www.moddb.com/mods/one-vision1]►
Borderlands 2 was good, until:

1) They updated the PhysX effects so their ugly, each globule of goop is smaller and the physics are just wrong. When the game first released you could create massive pools of awesome looking, awesome behaving goop without FPS issues. I saw and still see no reason for them to have changed it.

2) Performance seems to be worse since they changed the PhysX, I don't know if that specific patch that changed the PhysX is responsible for my performance issues as I finished the game and stopped playing around the time that patch hit. All I know is the performance of the game no longer matches the performance I achieved when the game was brand new, so I assume a patch increased the system requirements a bit.

3) If you can't see it, it can't exist. They use this logic for windmills, moving objects like cloth materials/flags etc. So if those things are outside your view they will "freeze" in-place and stop animating/moving, it's easy to observe by looking at the shadows cast by these things (The shadows stop moving). Also when returning your gaze to an object like cloth it will take a split second for it to start moving again (harder to notice this). This is very distracting once you've begun to notice it.

4) Almost every enemy requires
Spoiler
acid damage to kill because almost every enemy is a robot.

5) Even when using an enemies weakness against them and scoring crit hits on them it will take a year to kill them because everything has a billion HP for no good reason (it's even worse when facing Bad Ass enemies). It is greatly worsened when playing with a second player. To me it feels like the game is heavily balanced around 4 player multiplayer, unlike the 1st game. This enemy health issue originally made its appearance in the General Knoxx DLC for the first game though I feel that DLC nailed how healthy the enemies should be.

6) Shadows cast by terrain tend to have abysmal rendering resolution unless you're basically adjacent to the shadow. Mostly affects smaller shadows, not gigantic shadows cast by scenery. No configuration file tweaks can fix this as far as I can tell, lots of tweaks to break the shadow rendering in various ways though.

7) If PhysX is set higher than Low, weapons and loot can fall through the floor. (This has always been an issue with the game since it was released, I think it also affects Pre-Sequel too)

8) The main villain in Borderlands 2 is fantastic and the story is great.
Computer specifications:
Windows 10 Pro x64 | AMD Ryzen 5800X3D | ASUS Crosshair VIII Hero (WiFi) Motherboard | 16GB 3600MHz RAM | MSI Geforce 1070Ti Gamer | Corsair AX 760watt PSU | Samsung 860 Pro 512GB SSD & WD Black FZEX HDD
Last edited by Nicholas_Steel on Jul 23, 2016, 6:42:09 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info