A Beginner's Guide to Racing

Holy crap! GGG actually doing their own job for once instead of simply relying on a 3rd party (wiki)!?

GJ guys. A long way to go, but it's a start. Lets see you do some in game trading now.
"
Siochan wrote:
Holy crap! GGG actually doing their own job for once instead of simply relying on a 3rd party (wiki)!?

GJ guys. A long way to go, but it's a start. Lets see you do some in game trading now.

lol
"
Bex_GGG wrote:
Poison Arrow's base damage isn't high enough to be solely relied upon, but has a very good Area of Effect and helps with finishing off monsters.

I feel obligated to point out the old name for Caustic Arrow being used here.

;)
Jul 27, 2011 - Sept 30, 2018.
Last edited by Serleth on Jul 18, 2016, 7:48:04 PM
"
CBEToffOP wrote:
I am new to races, so my question:
Where can i see how much i can get point for each type of racing mod?!
I have work, so i need to plan before hand to know approximate how much i can get point in total. Can i hope for 1000, for 500 or at least 250 point reward!

Once we're closer to the races starting, you'll be able to click the links on the main page (or on the event calendar) to see what each race gives for what.

Either here:

or
Here
Just a lowly standard player. May RNGesus be with you.
So am I wrong or did the rules get changed and now eternal torment and exiles everywhere are voided leagues, or was it always like this.....
I am really not as bad as they say I am.

I am actually a really nice person.

Haaahahahaaahahahahahahahahahaaaahahahaha
"
Lifesprigguy wrote:
please make it happen, that all this information is accessible really quick. Up to now I struggled everytime to find the information thread for all the different mods over and over again, maybe I should have bookmarked it. I wish there could be a category in the "Game" section of the website where you would put all these information in.

This is a fantastic idea. An Information menuitem under Events.

"
ainuayan wrote:
Not really into racing. I wish PoE kept to what the game was when it started (leagues with interesting game mechanics). This game didn't really need more repetition to it.

This is a multifaceted game that caters to different demographics simultaneously. It's normal that some things available in it don't appeal to a given specific person.

"
pootie3030 wrote:
Eternal torment and exiles everywhere are void? When did this start, or is it new to this league?.

New this season. Seems fine, since it was an abhorrent way to generate currency on the perma leagues. Which was the point of making races Void - so they don't dump currency into the perma leagues in a way that you normally can't.

"
Darkfyre wrote:
My basic goal in this game (and others like it) can be summed up as: become the most powerful in the game.

Racing in no way helps me do this, currently.
[...]
So, while I can appreciate the sentiment and goal of this thread, it really does nothing to influence me to try racing.

Racing you will learn how to be the most powerful in the game, in the most efficient ways possible.

"
AssasinCreed wrote:
4:00Am is worst time to race.. please change it.

4:00am for you is the perfect time somewhere else on the planet Earth.

"
Elua wrote:
"A Beginner's Guide to Racing" : if you have real life job, just don't do any racing, it's completely pointless. Period.

Most of the top racers have a real life job. Helman is a good example. Arguably the best PoE racer of all time, and he always had a regular job afaict.

"
CBEToffOP wrote:
Where can i see how much i can get point for each type of racing mod?!
I have work, so i need to plan before hand to know approximate how much i can get point in total. Can i hope for 1000, for 500 or at least 250 point reward!

A typical new racer will average at most ~8 points per race in his first season. I'd bank on 6 or 7. Look at the schedule and see how many races you can average per day, and voila, your target is acquired.
SC: 95 97 93 96 100 93 94 93 94 95 96 97 94 93 94
HC RIP: 94 96
Character archive: view-thread/963707
what is Poison Arrow? Maybe Caustic?
"
LordBlick wrote:
what is Poison Arrow? Maybe Caustic?

Poison Arrow is the old name for Caustic Arrow (pre 2.1.0) :)
IGN: Cryptania
Last edited by tommy86_xy on Jul 19, 2016, 6:52:12 AM
"
Elua wrote:
"A Beginner's Guide to Racing" : if you have real life job, just don't do any racing, it's completely pointless. Period.

I dont have a Job, and i suck at races...
What am i doing wrong? :D
Great info for new racers!

I have done some races in the past, but I got a few tips from this post.

Thanks GGG :)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info