Lab is so bad

"
Raudram wrote:
I don't like maps because I find them entirely mindless and usually also unrewarding, shall we remove them?

Imagine if you had to do that same map all day until the next days reset.
As far as I know you only need to run the labyrinth once for your points yet you're forced to spam maps if you want to get anywhere.
Maps are like the rest of gameplay in most of the ways that matter. Lab is not. That's a pretty big difference. Trying to say the two are the same is just False Equivalence. If you genuinely dislike maps, that's fair, but belongs in a different thread.
Tired of trolls? Ignore them.
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1473168
The traps are a small gimmick that's mostly irrelevant and easy to avoid, rest is your standard gameplay with a more interesting boss.
Lab was an INSIDE JOB people... there's no way chris would want such a terrible feature to make it into the game. GGG is CORRUPT, and chris is being bought out.
"
Raudram wrote:
The traps are a small gimmick that's mostly irrelevant and easy to avoid, rest is your standard gameplay with a more interesting boss.

The huge maze bullshit, the keys and doors, the traps, the gimmicky shit on Izaro himself with his different stages and power-ups... No. Lab is not like the rest of the gameplay. To say otherwise is either dishonest or idiotic. I think you're smarter than that, so I'm going to say dishonest.
"
Albinosaurus wrote:
"
Raudram wrote:

The huge maze bullshit, the keys and doors, the traps, the gimmicky shit on Izaro himself with his different stages and power-ups... No. Lab is not like the rest of the gameplay. To say otherwise is either dishonest or idiotic. I think you're smarter than that, so I'm going to say dishonest.

Considering how powerful Ascendency points are, it is a bit light on the Risk in the Risk vs Reward scale, especially on Softcore
No, it isn't. This is a character-defining, build-enabling feature. It shouldn't be locked behind content that doesn't even feel like the rest of the game. If you want to talk about risk vs reward, there are other kinds of rewards that could be in the Lab to incentivize people running it. Since many people typically only want to run it once--for the APs--and not for the other existing rewards, or the experience itself, it's a definitive failure. That's even before its failure from the gameplay perspective.

Whether on the forums or in the game, I see roughly 3-4 times as many people who hate the lab as those who enjoy it, and the ones who claim to enjoy it usually say it's because of the APs. While this type of evidence (anecdotal) only carries as much weight as whether or not you accept it, this is my experience in talking about it with people. The people who like it claim they are the majority, but all evidence I can find suggests the exact opposite. That's one of the key reasons Lab should be optional: Making it mandatory only divides the player base and that will only serve to reduce it, which is harmful to the long-term health of the game.
"
Albinosaurus wrote:
It shouldn't be locked behind content that doesn't even feel like the rest of the game.

Not really an argument. You don't know the whole picture - they might be moving there, in a few years may be all areas will contain traps or something similar.
"
Albinosaurus wrote:
No, it isn't. This is a character-defining, build-enabling feature. It shouldn't be locked behind content that doesn't even feel like the rest of the game. If you want to talk about risk vs reward, there are other kinds of rewards that could be in the Lab to incentivize people running it. Since many people typically only want to run it once--for the APs--and not for the other existing rewards, or the experience itself, it's a definitive failure. That's even before its failure from the gameplay perspective.

Whether on the forums or in the game, I see roughly 3-4 times as many people who hate the lab as those who enjoy it, and the ones who claim to enjoy it usually say it's because of the APs. While this type of evidence (anecdotal) only carries as much weight as whether or not you accept it, this is my experience in talking about it with people. The people who like it claim they are the majority, but all evidence I can find suggests the exact opposite. That's one of the key reasons Lab should be optional: Making it mandatory only divides the player base and that will only serve to reduce it, which is harmful to the long-term health of the game.

You make a lot of assertions without any evidence.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info