[2.3] HieroMapper - CI Kinetic Blast 1 wand + shield, 11k+ ES + ES leech

Welcome to HieoMapper

Version 0.2 - MORE DAMAGE! (a LOT more) removed Obliteration wands (and changed build name), added a rare wand and a rare shield, optimized tree to scale more ES from Mana, removed Life to Mana and life to ES jewels, increased attack speed and damage with jewels, added section on Bandits.

This is my first post on a complete build. I also have a life-version that works but I think is weaker. My goal was to make a strong (tanky) but good damage spell caster using the Hierophant's unique abilities. I'd like to thank Dela for his/her fantastic Obliterate Build https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1639777, which the main damage this build was based on...

I've been wanting to get a decent Hierophant build running that utilizes some of the key ascendancy points. Until now, I've been focusing on MoM and have found it to be lacklustre. It's a long way to get to EB and it requires losing life-regen and it requires a significant investment into mana to run it without.

For Defense, I'm using CWDT + Immortal Call supported by Increased Duration and 3 endurance charges (see next section for explanation), Frost Wall, ES refresh and Leech from our belt + helm leeches 0.72% physical, as well as Lightning Warp for escapes and hopping through the Labyrinth.

For Offense, this build is still running Kinetic Blast with 3 Heralds for 11,919 DPS (so far) AND stacking damage from Pursuit of Fait (Hierophant point) @ 4% damage per kill - this damage buff stacks and I have seen over 40 stacks.

So here's what I decided to do and why:

Overview of Hierophant Ascendancy Passives Used

Spoiler
"Sanctuary of Thought" to help us with our maximum ES by giving us 25% of our max mana as ES, gain 150 to max mana with "Divine Guidance" while saying screw-it to the 10% MoM and go CI. Currently my character is level 85 and has 2907 mana (which is mostly reserved) as well as 10104 ES. We also get 50% cast-cost reduction as well as 100% cast-cost reduction when at full ES. The minor nodes give us +20% max mana and +40% mana regen in total.

"Conviction of Power" 25% chance to gain a endurance charge when gaining a power charge. Not a very good chance. But, if we add Romira's Banquet unique ring, we gain a power charge each time we don't crit and lose them all when we do. This cycles us through power charges quickly and gives us permanent 3 endurance charges to extend our CWDT+Immortal Call setup. The minor node gives us 20% endurance & power charge duration and 20% mana regen.

"Pursuit of Faith" gives 4% damage per kill and it stacks. Our damage ramps up as the herald-buffed kinetic blast explosions cascade through packs. The minor node gives 20% more mana regen.

Uniques and Their Functions in This Build

Spoiler

Buffs damage, leech 0.52% physical, has some ES

Crit, leech, Rampage, some ES

Permanent uptime on endurance charges due to interaction with "Conviction of Power"

Leech 0.2% from physical (Kinetic Blast - our main attack)

Gem Link Setup

Spoiler
6-Link Chest: Kinetic Blast + Added Chaos Damage + Pierce + Greater Multiple Projectiles + Void Manipulation + Poison

2 X 2-link Helm: Lightning Golem + Minion Elemental Resistance / Lightning Warp + Less Duration

4-link Gloves: Enlighten(4) + Herald of Ice / Vaal Haste Vaal Discipline

4-link Boots: Enlighten(4) + Discipline + Herald of Ice + Herald of Ash

3-link Wand: Frost Wall + Spell Echo + Increased Duration

3-link Wand: CWDT + Immortal Call + Increased Duration

* If you have no Enlighten Gems, you can modify the setup in favour of another CWDT setup e.g. CWDT + Arctic Breath + GMP + Chain, etc. The build strong without the added curse.

Passive Tree Level 90

Bandits

Spoiler
Alira (60 mana) - Kraitin (8% attack speed) - Oak (+1 endurance charge]

Jewels

Spoiler
I'm running rare jewels with projectile damage, physical damage, damage, attack speed, area damage as priorities as well as one Energy from Within on the slot in between the witch, shadow and scion starts

My Gear

Spoiler

Arid Lake Clear Speed Demo Video in mini-skirt toga :)

Plans & To-Do

Version 0.2 Now level 90, planning to stack more ES as well as optimize gear. I WILL record video soon! I promise. Get at least Merciless difficulty useful enchants. Second project - Hiero MoM something build TBD stay tuned.

Thanks for taking the time to check this build out. Suggestions are appreciated!

-- Dale
Last edited by daleyyc on Jul 17, 2016, 1:06:41 PM
Last bumped on Nov 22, 2016, 12:02:51 AM
Nice Build i will try it out.

Bandits?

And maybe some leveling tips.

Cheers.

Flash.

Made some changes today... Will post an update soon including bandits and some suggestions for leveling. Now has 13-4K ES.
Last edited by daleyyc on Jul 16, 2016, 8:15:36 PM
Any plans to make a vid? I want to see the old man chucking shrapnel grenades.
builds: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1663570/
"
Any plans to make a vid? I want to see the old man chucking shrapnel grenades.

Video is up of current iteration of the build... waiting for YouTube to complete processing. Shouldn't be too much longer. (actually it's taking ages....)

-D
Last edited by daleyyc on Jul 17, 2016, 8:19:38 PM
4-link Gloves: Enlighten(4) + Herald of Ice / Vaal Haste Vaal Discipline

4-link Boots: Enlighten(4) + Discipline + Herald of Ice + Herald of Ash

ice ice?
one should be lightning
Just a little hint.. if you use Pursuit of Faith you should definitely take a Mantra of Flames as well.. Each stack of Pursuit of Faith counts as a buff, so if you kill 50 monster, you would get 50x 4% spell dmg and 50x Mantra of Flames buff.. that can easily tripple your damage (depending on your build) :P
Had to figure this one out myself, as far as the lvling goes. I used rolling flames until around lvl 36, then started using kinetic blast. The tooltip DPS fell from 500 down to 60 and I got close to dying just trying out the skill. I revamped my gear, started using two Twyzel wands and got a bunch of flat physical on my gloves, rings and amulet. This helped a LOT!

I only have a 4 socket at the moment and no idea what gems to prioritize. I went with what I had on hand: added chaos, void manipulation, lesser multiple projectiles and kinetic blast. I am saving up for a 5l and plan to add poison.

Playing hardcore I am at the end of act 4, currently lvl 44. Wearing pure armor on my chest and helm seems to work ok for the moment and my dps is pretty good, around 600.

My questions:

How important is spell damage?
When buying a wand do I just go for what stats yours has?
I need to go life based before I can switch to ci, what should I do different on the tree not to mess the build up?
🐢

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info