Infernal blow Dual wielding Hierophant - Prophecy HC

Edit: Changed from Glacial hammer to Infernal blow because it is way superior.

Introduction:

Spoiler

Always in the quest of making unpopular skills viable and fun. I came up with this build even if it started as a Static Strike character. I think the result is worth sharing and might be appealing to people that like to play out of the meta game.

The character I built that is actually level 81 has 75k dps tooltip and has many layers of defense:

-Blind
-little block and evasion
-Accrobatics
-Enfeeble
-Fortify
-Basalt flask
-Positive chaos resistance
-Overcapped resistance
-6.5k pool against hits (40% mind over matter)

I think it is possible to reach an 8k pool with 100k dps later in game.

Features:

Spoiler

-Dual wielding Doryani's Catalyst
-Layers and layers and layers of defense
-Viable in hardcore T8 maps at level 81
-Very cheap compared to other builds(4ex=good, 10ex= awesome)
-Fun
-Uses Illuminated Devotion very well
-''8 link setup''
-40% Mind over matter with no mana reserved

Stats:

Spoiler

Skills:

Spoiler

Note:
This build uses Illuminated Devotion Ascendancy NOde that I explain as an additionnal link.

Bringer Of Rain Helmet ''8 link'':
Infernal Blow - Faster Attack - Melee Physical Damage - Blind - Physical to lightning - Weapon Elemental Damage - Melee Splash - 20% elemental penetration

Gloves ''5 link'':
Enfeeble - Faster casting - increased duration - increased Aoe - Increased Aoe 20%

Boots ''5 link'':
Leap slam - fortify - faster attack - physical to lightning - 2% damage leached as life

Main hand:
Enduring cry (still two gem slots not used)

Off hand:
Stone Golem - Vaal grace - Blood rage

Essence worm ring:
Hatred

Tree:

Gear:

The chest armour is only used to level gems.

Many stats benefit this build including mana and chaos resistance. Picking gear is sometimes difficult. I had to get resistances on jewels too.

Spoiler

Video:

Spoiler

Video with infernal blow coming up:

Very short video in a rare Canyon map at level 81 that shows Boss kill with Glacial Hammer:

https://youtu.be/ZK0u29lZRLI

Conclusion:

Spoiler

English is not my first language but I hope I made a comprehensive build. Suggestions and questions are all welcome. I hope you enjoy it if you decide to try it. Thank you for reading.

Last edited by KaptNCrounch on Jul 13, 2016, 12:42:34 AM
Last bumped on Jul 13, 2016, 12:46:15 AM
Cool build. I've always been a big fan of dual doryani's. Now that there are so many ways to bypass resists with ascendancy I think they're incredibly strong and probably a little under-rated.

Seeing that first shatter really makes me wish there was a way to work herald of ice into the build, but I don't really see how to do that while keeping a nice mana pool unreserved.

The layered defenses look very solid on paper- any way we could get a longer video showing you tanking some larger hits? I think that would really help show off the build.

"
Kinch45 wrote:
Cool build. I've always been a big fan of dual doryani's. Now that there are so many ways to bypass resists with ascendancy I think they're incredibly strong and probably a little under-rated.

Seeing that first shatter really makes me wish there was a way to work herald of ice into the build, but I don't really see how to do that while keeping a nice mana pool unreserved.

The layered defenses look very solid on paper- any way we could get a longer video showing you tanking some larger hits? I think that would really help show off the build.

I'm very newbie at video making but will try later to make a new video with infernal blow featuring the defense of the character. What program should I use? My program is limited to 30 seconds.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info