[Bug] Ascendant Occultist works though Hexproof Map Mod with Blasphemy

http://i.imgur.com/nGjgCY7.png

The -15% Chaos Resist on cursed Enemies part of Ascendant Occultist works through Hexproof with Blasphemy. It does not work with regular cursing which makes me think, that this is not intended. Cospri's Will Chest was not used.
Last edited by tzuiop on Jul 10, 2016, 8:59:31 AM
Last bumped on Jul 26, 2016, 10:30:41 AM
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
Why would you assume that Void Beacon is a curse?
Guild Leader The Amazon Basin <BASIN>
Play Nice and Show Some Class www.theamazonbasin.com
"
mark1030 wrote:

Because I am a Scion and not using Void Beacon but the Ascendant Occultist Subclass where the minus chaos resist is tied to cursing enemies.
"
tzuiop wrote:
"
mark1030 wrote:

Because I am a Scion and not using Void Beacon but the Ascendant Occultist Subclass where the minus chaos resist is tied to cursing enemies.

This is how i understand that "passive":
Notice the (glorious, as always) GGG's wording.

Enemies you curse have -15% chaos res.

NOT

Enemies you've cursed have -15% chaos res.

Technically, (as it seems to me), you need to "curse" i.e. do the act of cursing, and the result doesn't matter (whether monster was successfully cursed or not). Game (apparently) checks the deed, and not the outcome in this particular case.

P.S. it is really noticeable with the next line of that ascendancy:
"20% inc.damage if you've killed a cursed enemy recently".
Enemy needs to be actually cursed at the moment of the kill. That's the possible difference
Remember, suffering is convenient.
That is why many people prefer it.
Happiness requires effort.
Last edited by HarukaTeno on Jul 10, 2016, 1:07:28 PM
"
tzuiop wrote:
"
mark1030 wrote:

My apologies. My brain wasn't working and only read Occultist and not Ascendant.

My guess is that mechanically the monster is cursed but it has no effect. You may be right that it's unintended, so good catch.
Guild Leader The Amazon Basin <BASIN>
Play Nice and Show Some Class www.theamazonbasin.com
"
HarukaTeno wrote:

This is how i understand that "passive":
Notice the (glorious, as always) GGG's wording.

Enemies you curse have -15% chaos res.

NOT

Enemies you've cursed have -15% chaos res.

Technically, (as it seems to me), you need to "curse" i.e. do the act of cursing, and the result doesn't matter (whether monster was successfully cursed or not). Game (apparently) checks the deed, and not the outcome in this particular case.

P.S. it is really noticeable with the next line of that ascendancy:
"20% inc.damage if you've killed a cursed enemy recently".
Enemy needs to be actually cursed at the moment of the kill. That's the possible difference

You cannot apply it by manually cursing so in some way something is wrong.
Thanks for the report! This has been fixed internally :)

EDIT: Sorry, yes just to clarify as Vipermagi said: "internally" means on our local testing servers / client. It will be in a future patch (I do not know when). Cheers!
GGG Gameplay Programmer
Last edited by Alex_GGG on Jul 12, 2016, 3:22:39 AM
fixed but in an interesting way...

Now %20 dmg is not increasing its decreasing....

At least in my caustic arrow build with occulist ascendant tooltip dmg drops from 1,2 to 1k..for 4 seconds after i kill cursed enemies with blasphemy linked with vulnerability..
Last edited by childeroland on Jul 11, 2016, 7:16:44 AM
"Fixed internally", ergo the fix will be pushed live with the next patch (internal = GGG server, live = active game server). You're seeing ghosts.
Still same problem...Patch didnt solve it.Scion % 20 dmg increase doesnt works with occultist ascendant....Dmg decrease....At least with caustic arrow

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info