[2.3] Vortex Trapper - Build Idea - looking for feedback

hi all,

So I've been playing with self cast vortex and after some time i realized it would be a great trapper spell. The degen is great on the skill so it would make for a really nice trap.
I didnt see any build like that out there so here is my idea (not tested tho)
build:
Spoiler
https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAABAYDAEV8Yk_2n6B5l5fJBvv1uQZnTrQ4m5pvd-UZjDZVS1RHYeKmviaVnsQWv13yDkgrCrcw7hURlhEv6Fq3dQcef8aVLqKj8NXB84_6SVGVIOwY0NAtH2SqRwZMs5uG2-dFfgQHl5VqNnBRtMUOXIPbHwJSU3ZvswNirMLsavpVxjbFPV-X9H6wMhhsjAW1OljYJG0Z2FRTMZ2qjb-nCAj01COPRuvuwFQwcZuhmuAy0WpD3agYakWdRUdLeHgvU1LAZjpCfOUEszwFWAeiAJ_f73zwH5o7aPLtPIKbfA7VpqdVV5RboCaI

The build is about scaling the aoe of vortex together with it degen. I do that by taking aoe nodes around witch and templar area. I also scale the degen by taking most of degen nodes on the top half of tree. Of course I also scale trap damage.

gem combination:
Spoiler

trap - vortex - increase aoe (conc effect if used with cluster trap) - rapid decay - cluster trap (maybe - would have to test it) or controlled destruction

dual course of your choice. I would run Vulnerability and Elemental Weakness

cwdt - immortal call - increase duration - phase run

this is a rough sketch. let me know what u guys think, what could be improved or changed.

cheers
YES I support the game, NO I don't agree with many GGG decisions

Lab still sucks balls.

I miss Zana already.
Last edited by Miazga on Jul 10, 2016, 4:32:41 AM
Last bumped on Jul 10, 2016, 4:31:20 AM
Just a warning, I had a friend who did Vortex traps, and he couldn't get the AoE high enough to clear comfortably, even with cluster. That combined with the lack of leech was what made him reroll. The damage was definitely there, though. Since you can't leech, I recommend you grab the Alchemist cluster in witch for some additional survivability.

Also, just so you know, spell damage nodes are strictly better than DoT nodes, since the spell damage scales both the dot and the initial hit. For the same reason, Frostbite is probably just better than Vuln, and if you're running Vortex, I highly recommend temp chains on blasphemy. Going tri-curse might be a good idea. Chill + TC = ez game, mobs move only half as fast.
builds: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1663570/
dmg over time from few vortex spells do not stack. So better go spell% nodes or some more jewels.
thanks guys for freedback.

I will have to think about it now :) although i did modified the tree a bit based on your comments.

update in main post
YES I support the game, NO I don't agree with many GGG decisions

Lab still sucks balls.

I miss Zana already.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info