0.9.5h Patch Notes

"
whiteBoy88 wrote:
Good bug fixes, especially the amulet from Eramir. Also good to see faster spiders. I always thought they were a little too... lumbering.

"
nugstash wrote:
oh yeah and chaos needs a map selecor, i cant count how many unused instances are left open and portal hopping just to get ledge 1/20 times.
Instead of completely approving the exploitable nature of the system and allowing players to grind the easiest map by adding a selection option, they should force a random rotation. You have to pass through the exit of 3-4 different tilesets before you get the same one again. The part about system specs isn't really valid. You shouldn't get to pick which parts of the game you play based on your computer. If it can't run all of the game, you should consider upgrading or not playing those parts (or at all, on that computer).

a map selector would also decrease server load i bet cause of the 6 people cycling through 20 instances and leaving them open wouldnt happen. nice and clean instance lists can you imagine :) I noticed a huge difference when they cleaned up portal parties :D

or maybe probe the pc stats and have ledge a higher chance for pcs with 1g of ram or something.

you do know 58 chaos is a waypoint now and you can still get ledge the first try if your lucky right
Steam:Gonejah
Last edited by nugstash on Jan 19, 2012, 7:25:15 AM
This is true, on bigger maps i have problems with 2GB ram. That's why i prefer smaller maps like ledge, cavern etc. They are also clean, not with all that shit forest details that slows down my entire pc.
And i already deactivated shadows so i can have a smoother experience ...
full respec nao!
Thanks, CI might now actually be viable with massive ES stacking.
I confirmed that I am still in HC league. Then I died.
Last edited by Targuil on Jan 19, 2012, 10:15:17 AM
"
nugstash wrote:
you do know 58 chaos is a waypoint now and you can still get ledge the first try if your lucky right
Yes, I'm fully aware of that. Still, exploiting the reset feature to make the game easier isn't something that should be condoned.
Closed Beta/Alpha Tester back after a 10-year hiatus.
Kiwi pets and Spark spam FTW.
as long as there are that big differences in "fun" playing the maps (dark forest or "underground passage" vs ledge or rocky climb) you will always have the exploiting.

Some zones are so much less rewarding in numbers of mobs and so spread out that you just avoid them if possible.

So if all zones were on a relatively equal level of killspeed, mob-density and space (here the underground one suxx the most) we would not "skip content".

Other options would be to reward players for clearing each different chaos zone - say 95% of the total mobs to prevent skipping and only killing the boss - and let a zone-spezific boss spawn after that that does have a set min 4 yellow items and a slightly higher chance to one or two uniques bound only to that type of zone. So ppl would try to "camp" all zones because of the possible chance to find "rare" uniques in instances most players avoid.
And related to all the instances spawned : why not "kill" them if they are "idle" for 2 minutes and have a mobcount of 99% +? so the abandoned ones would be killed 7.5 times faster to prevent serverload ? Does not have to be applied to every zone but the "endgame" ones to not hinder players in lower zones that want to sell at the start of a new zone and the portal closes 2 minutes behind them.
cya Deathtiny
level fast, die young and leave a nice looking corpse!
Tinyshideouts: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3260135
Last edited by Deathtiny2266 on Jan 19, 2012, 12:21:42 PM
"
Deathtiny2266 wrote:
So if all zones were on a relatively equal level of killspeed, mob-density and space (here the underground one suxx the most) we would not "skip content".
Exactly: balance them instead of implementing a system to skip to the easiest. Still, Chaos isn't necessarily near the top of the devs' priority list right now.
"
whiteBoy88 wrote:
Still, Chaos isn't necessarily near the top of the devs' priority list right now.

Where is my 3rd act? Where are my new mobs?
"
kendeniro wrote:
"
whiteBoy88 wrote:
Still, Chaos isn't necessarily near the top of the devs' priority list right now.

It's a beta, one that you are not paying for
"
kendeniro wrote:
I would confidently guess that they're in the devs' internal test realm, getting ready for alpha testing.
Last edited by WhiteBoy on Jan 20, 2012, 3:04:40 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info