[2.3] Crit Chin Sol RoA Poison Traps - Full Key Uber Runs/Atziri/Pale Court/ T14 in 60c/4-links

Hello everyone! My name is Dersh and you may know me from my Crit Chin Sol Blast Rain trapper build.

Update video for Essence League and Atlas of Worlds. Build is still incredibly viable: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NFQca13h6BM

Now I’m giving you an entirely new build that is totally different from the last one and not at all alike – The Crit Chin Sol RoA Trapper build! … In all seriousness, since the announcement of Coated Shrapnel and Cospri’s Will I’ve been thinking about this build and it ended up being way better than the elemental version which is already fantastic. The damage is higher, the survivability is much higher, and that’s all at a lower level than the previous build. The budget is a bit higher at around 60c, but not prohibitively high. I have a bunch of videos to do with the build posted on my YouTube channel so if you are wondering how it performs go ahead and take a look!

Here is the 4-link overview video including a Twinned Palace, the Pale Court, Atziri, and a full key run Uber Lab!

Concept
The build relies on the massive damage bonuses from both the Point Blank keystone and Chin Sol’s close-range bonus while using Blast Rain Rain of Arrows traps to ensure the full close-range bonus is always applied. We also spec heavily into crit nodes and trap damage in the tree. The build deals some all physical, and loads of tri-elemental damage utilizing Herald of Ice and Wrath not much else. The high damage and crit ensures we are constantly igniting, freezing, and shocking to help with survivability and further increase our damage fucking everything up with poison and bleed. We utilize the Deerstalker boots to get an effective 5-link without the hefty priced attached to getting a decent one. We double dip point blank, trap damage, and (I think) the Chin Sol Bonus into poison and bleed that combine with the 100% more multiplier on the Assassin ascendancy tree to make for a gigantic multiplier to the poison and bleed damage. We ensure we poison every hit using 4x Coated Shrapnel which also adds a good chunk of damage and on every crit our Poison Damage has ANOTHER 100% more multiplier. Woohoo!

Here’s what a few people have had to say:

[quote=“Wyrelade”] Build does have potential. - Wyrelade [/quote]
[quote=“TheSchultzZ”] This is the shittiest build ive ever seen - TheSchultzZ [/quote]
[quote=“Mum”] Why in the world would anybody want to listen to you talk on the youtubes? - Mum [/quote]

TBD

Damage
Spoiler

Let's start with what everybody always looks for first, the DPS! Though I'm no mathematician, I once wrote boobies on a calculator through extreme perseverance and determination so I believe that qualifies me to explain this.

Our main attack is Blast Rain Rain of Arrows on the Deerstalker boots which provide a free Trap support gem.

Links: Blast Rain Rain of Arrows – Cluster Traps Trap and Mine Damage – WED Physical Projectile Attack Damage – Increased Critical Strikes/Concentrated Effect

For fast moving targets you’ll want to switch from Rain of Arrows and Conc Effect to Puncture and Increased Critical Strikes. That is unless you want to watch fast enemies never get hit by your shit.

We are specced into the Saboteur Assassin ascendancy and are using Noxious Strike, Toxic Delivery, Ambush, and Assassinate. We are also using Ice Golem. On top of that you can run either Assassin's Mark or Elemental Weakness depending on which map mods you're running will run Grace and Blasphemy-Enfeeble unless you enjoy death. You have a perfect window of timing between when the trap goes off and blast rain actually lands to throw down a curse on the group of enemies do your RNG dance to ensure good drops. All of the damage calculated below is WITHOUT a blast rain Rain of Arrows enchant on our helmet.

You'll throw on concentrated effect during bosses due to the fact that I demand it. Assuming your tree and items are similar to mine (I spent a maximum of 3c on each item except for Belly Coated Shrapnel which is 5c 11c each), you will be throwing down numbers similar to these but not quite as good because my dad works at GGG and gives me free dps. (He also works at Neopets so if you send me your username and password I can get you free neopoints. And if you make fun of me he will ban your ip from the internet because he works at the internet too.)

[/bold]
I’ll show you tooltip dps now. But it’s not indicative of anything. Like at all. Trust me. Go look at a video.
= 3,600 average damage tooltip with the AoE setup (RoA-Trap-Cluster Traps-Increased AoE)

= 17,000 average damage tooltip with the Single Target setup (RoA-Concentrated Effect-Physical Projectile Attack Damage-Trap and Mine Damage all on a Deerstalker)

= 12,500 average damage tooltip with the Single Target Puncture setuo (Puncture-Physical Projectile –Trap and Mine-Increased Critical Strikes all on a Deerstalker)

While clearing maps you'll find you have your frenzy and power charges up mostly all of the time, but you’ll be one-shotting packs regardless. For bosses you likely won’t have many if any charges up at all, but you’ll still fuck them up too.

Hopefully that insane damage on a budget of no more than 25 60c got you all hot and bothered. Now I'll go onto the tree itself.
Defense
Spoiler

Prophecy Update: The only real difference here is that we got Arrow Dancing. This is actually a huge change though as I had noticed most of the dangerous situations I got into were purely because of ranged damage since we're too fast to be caught melee and most things are already dead if they do manage to get to us. Arrow Dancing gives us a much higher chance to dodge ranged attacks and has saved my life on numerous occasions. We get this by opting for the skill point instead of the power charge on Merc bandits as we honestly don't need a power charge for clearing and we don't have more than 1 or 2 up for bosses anyways.
Don’t get Arrow Dancing. This balDersh asshole who suggested it is an idiot.

This is a life and evasion build and as such, much of your defense comes from manual dodging (to my dismay as I suck at this game) enfeeble, grace, acro, phase acro, and finally manual dodging. Much tankier than the elemental variant! Outside of that, depending on your items you should have between 35-40% evade chance with Grace, 40% dodge chance from acrobatics, 30% spell dodge from phase acrobatics, max elemental resistances, and a metric fuckton of added survivability from using Blasphemy-Enfeeble. We also utilize Vaal grace to bring us to 7x% dodge change and 6x% spell dodge.

You will have around 4,500 life by level 86 and should have ~5,100 by 90.

If you upgrade from the 4-links to a 5-link item and Atziri’s step, you will gain another 16% spell dodge and some life which is fantastic. At this point Vaal grace will bring you to 7x% spell dodge chance as well.

That’s all for defenses!

Skill Tree/Ascendancy/Leveling/Bandits
Spoiler

Skill Tree

Prophecy Update: We spec out of a few trap damage and trap nodes to get elemental penetration as well as heading upwards towards the accuracy and life in duelist given the change to blast rain that makes it actually care about accuracy now. With this we have 26% elemental penetration (including the two new ascendancy points) and Arrow Dancing which increases our survivability tremendously.
This asshole with the arrow dancing shit again. Fuck off dude.

Skill Tree (level 86): https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAABAYBAAUtBbUHHgeZCNQOSA_EEZYUdRXtFr8XsBqNG-AhdiM2I_Yk_SaVKgsuUzBxMHwxszH6N9Q51DpCO3xDMUcGSVFKi0t4TI5M_02STipRR1MQVL1VS1b6V9hZ8FsmW69cQF3yYeJirGSqajZqjGwIbIxv8nBRcFJzbXTtdf12b3b3d9d6736wfyt_xn_7hG-EoobOidOKBow2jX2Nfo2_j_qQDZUuloubhp2qoJ-io6LZpMKw2LTFt3W4ysEzwfPC7MgUzZjQ0NNv1CPVudhU2sHb592o51TqYuwY7T_uFfDV8PnxivVv_94=

Level 90 skill tree: https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAABAYBAAUtBbUHHgeZCNQOSA_EEZYUdRXtFr8XsBqNG-AhdiM2I_Yk_SaVKgsuUzBxMHwxszH6N9Q51DpCO3xDMUcGSVFKi0t4TI5M_02STipRR1MQVL1VS1b6V9hZ8FsmW69cQF3yYeJirGSqZU1qNmqMbAhsjG_ycFFwUnNtdO11y3X9dm9293fXeu9-sH8rf8Z_-4RvhKKGzonTigaMNo19jX6Nv4_6kA2VLpaLm4adqqCfoqOi2aTCsNi0xbd1uMq9Nr6nwTPB88LsyBTNmNDQ02_UI9W52FTawdvn3ajnVOpi7BjtP-4V8NXw-fGK9W__3g==

Level 100 skill tree: https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAABAYBAAUtBbUHHgeZCNQNjQ5ID8QRlhR1Fe0WvxewGo0b4CF2IzYj9iT9JpUqCy5TMHEwfDGzMfoyGDN4N9Q51DpCO3xDMUcGR35JUUp9SotLeEyOTP9Nkk4qUUdTEFS9VUtW-lfYWfBbJluvXEBd8mHiYqxkqmVNZ6BqNmqMbAhsjG_ycFFwUnNtdO11y3X9dm9293fXeu9-sH8rf8Z_-4RvhKKGzod2idOKBow2jX2Nfo2_j_qQDZUuloubhp2qoJ-io6LZpMKw2LMDtMW3dbjKvTa-p8EzwfPC7MgUzZjQ0NNv1CPVudhU2sHb592o45_nOudU6mLsGO0_7hXw1fD58Yr1b__e

Bandits: Oak/None/None
Reasoning: We don't need the power charge for clearing as we massacre everything anyways, and during bosses we at max have 1 or 2 charges up so having an extra maximum does not help out as much as you would hope. Instead we take that point and get Arrow Dancing which increases our survivability by a lot given most of the damage we take is ranged. Oh my god shut the hell up about Arrow Dancing.

Leveling: I leveled in Prophecy using Blade Vortex since I’m a softcore loser. I’d run Bladefall traps in HC until Chin Sol.[/bold]

Ascendancy
Ascendancy wise we go with Saboteur Assassin and that's pretty much the only real option. the best option. Go for Noxious Strike, Toxic Delivery, Ambush, and Assassinate in order to effectively fuck things up.

Itemization
Spoiler

Before I explain everything, here are my current items:
Spoiler

Other than the uniques, what you want to prioritize on your items is:

Life/Resistances > Flat Elemental Damage Flat Physical Damage > Accuracy > Crit Multiplier > Critical Strike

I did not spend more than 2c on any of the equipped items and jewel wise you’re looking at about 11c per Coated Shrapnel right now on softcore Prophecy. Several of the rare items were 1c. The total cost of all the items in this build for me were just under 25 60 chaos. That's 25 60 chaos for a build melted twinned palace, trivialized normal Atziri, can do Full Key Uber Lab runs with ease, and shreds the Pale Council.. It is of note that you will get worse items near the beginning of the league as everything is more expensive, but within a couple of weeks you will see stuff near this price.

Gems/Links
Deerstalker: Rain of Arrows – Physical Projectile Attack Damage – Trap and Mine Damage – Concentrated Effect
FOR FAST MOVING TARGETS:
Deerstalker: Puncture – Physical Projectile Attack Damage – Trap and Mine Damage – Increased Critical Strikes

4-Link: Rain of Arrows – Trap – Cluster Traps – Increased Area of Effect

2-link: Immortal Call (lvl 3) – Cast When Damage Taken (lvl 1)

2-link: Blink Arrow – Faster Attacks

2-link: Blasphemy-Enfeeble

Singles: Grace, Summon Ice Golem, Rallying Cry, Vaal Lightning Trap, Vaal Grace

That's honestly pretty much all there is to it. You'll notice I don't have any blast rain Rain of Arrows enchant on my helmet or anything that's adding damage, though that would add quite a bit so I would try for it when you can.

Videos (4-links, 25 60c budget)
Spoiler

Prophecy (4-Link, 25 60c budget, level 86):
Uber Lab Full Key Run

Pale Court

Atziri

Twinned Palace

Last edited by Baldersh on Sep 2, 2016, 6:30:26 PM
Last bumped on Mar 3, 2017, 12:49:21 PM
The lack of a Vaal Burning Arrow trap in this setup makes me sad. VBA, Trap, GMP, Phys Proj/Trap Damage/Concentrated Effect. Is a single target monster and stops a lot of the need to swap gems in.
CharanJaydemyr:some people need to really rethink how they spend their money....I will trash this item if I ever find it on principle...I've seen much cleverer "troll" items get turned down, so I guess GGG gave up trying to enforce that one. Not GGG's finest hour.
poeurl.com/bD4E
"
RichMoney wrote:
The lack of a Vaal Burning Arrow trap in this setup makes me sad. VBA, Trap, GMP, Phys Proj/Trap Damage/Concentrated Effect. Is a single target monster and stops a lot of the need to swap gems in.

Hey!

Vaal Burning Arrow works poorly in this build. I do make use of it in the elemental version linked at the top, but in this build a single Rain of Arrows trap outdamages a VBA trap by a wide margin. This is in its core a poison build, and converting half of your damage to fire is very counter-intuitive for poison as it is scaled purely off of your physical and chaos damage. It's also useless for Izaro fights as you do not have charges up for Vaal gems in the Aspirant's Trial.

Thus far, the only time I've ever swapped out gems is specifically in the Uber Lab. For all other purposes I haven't found the need to swap to puncture yet, so there isn't a whole lot of gem swapping involved.
Hey man, I'm mainly done with the Blast rain build, I managed to 6l my chin sol and I have around 5.2k life and around 7.2k tooltip damage on blast rain with conc effect.

I can clear uber atziri but I don't think it's worth it due to the cost of the mortal set. So I mostly run maps > uber lab > regular atziri.

I was thinking about selling the 6l chin sol since I haven't seen one for sale on poe.trade for quite a while and make another build.

(I'm not really competitive so I'm just looking for innovative/fun builds)

But since you released this build (which I'm very glad you did), could you give me a tip on how would I go about on respeccing into it?

If you could take a look at my current character and give me some hints on what should I change I'd be really glad. (apart from the obvious ele > phys which you already covered in the video)

In short:
Guide me sensei? Lmao xD
Just need some know-how and guidelines on how to transition to this build with my current one (with 6l on chinsol)

Also I have around 2-3ex in currency to invest as well.
what skill do you use for single target(izaro) ?

cant recognize in video
what gem setup would you use in for a 2x 6links
"
DFishoo wrote:
Hey man, I'm mainly done with the Blast rain build, I managed to 6l my chin sol and I have around 5.2k life and around 7.2k tooltip damage on blast rain with conc effect.

I can clear uber atziri but I don't think it's worth it due to the cost of the mortal set. So I mostly run maps > uber lab > regular atziri.

I was thinking about selling the 6l chin sol since I haven't seen one for sale on poe.trade for quite a while and make another build.

(I'm not really competitive so I'm just looking for innovative/fun builds)

But since you released this build (which I'm very glad you did), could you give me a tip on how would I go about on respeccing into it?

If you could take a look at my current character and give me some hints on what should I change I'd be really glad. (apart from the obvious ele > phys which you already covered in the video)

In short:
Guide me sensei? Lmao xD
Just need some know-how and guidelines on how to transition to this build with my current one (with 6l on chinsol)

Also I have around 2-3ex in currency to invest as well.

Hey man! Glad you enjoyed the other build and I'm pretty certain you'll like this one even more :) I can't seem to access your character, privacy settings maybe? That being said, the only things to respec are really your ele-phys in the tree and gear as you said, spec out of a few tiny damage nodes (projectile damage, trap damage, physical, chaos damages) to grab a 4th jewel socket, and respec into the assassin ascendancy which is the most expensive part at 30 refund points.

That being said you can totally play this build with saboteur, but the damage just really shines in Assassin due to the 100% more DoT node and the crazy critting on full-life and low-life. Finally you need to get Coated Shrapnel x4 which should run you between 38-44 chaos. Gem wise check out my character DershadowTrap and it's also in the guide.

Hope you enjoy it and if you have any other questions or want me to check the character after privacy settings change let me know :)
"
Zangetas wrote:
what skill do you use for single target(izaro) ?

cant recognize in video

Hey!

I use Puncture for the Lab as single target. Puncture tends to work better for really fast moving targets that you definitely don't want to get hit by. I've only really swapped out to Puncture during the lab actually. For every other circumstance Rain of Arrows has worked better.
"
nzrocketman wrote:
what gem setup would you use in for a 2x 6links

Single target I'd go RoA-Physical Proj-Conc Effect-Trap and Mine Damage - Slower Projectiles

IF you're using puncture, then swap out RoA and Conc Effect for Puncture and Increased Critical Strikes

For multi-target, i'd use RoA-Trap-Cluster Traps-Increased AoE-Trap and Mine Damage-Physical Projectile Damage.

Hope that helps!
"
Danteis wrote:

Hey man! Glad you enjoyed the other build and I'm pretty certain you'll like this one even more :) I can't seem to access your character, privacy settings maybe? That being said, the only things to respec are really your ele-phys in the tree and gear as you said, spec out of a few tiny damage nodes (projectile damage, trap damage, physical, chaos damages) to grab a 4th jewel socket, and respec into the assassin ascendancy which is the most expensive part at 30 refund points.

That being said you can totally play this build with saboteur, but the damage just really shines in Assassin due to the 100% more DoT node and the crazy critting on full-life and low-life. Finally you need to get Coated Shrapnel x4 which should run you between 38-44 chaos. Gem wise check out my character DershadowTrap and it's also in the guide.

Hope you enjoy it and if you have any other questions or want me to check the character after privacy settings change let me know :)

Hey man, thank you so much for the response!
The characters where on private x_x but they should be working right now, if you could take a look at him that'd be amazing.
(I only have two, started playing PoE this season, so it shouldn't be hard to identify him xD)

Anyhow, thanks for the tips mate!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info