[2.3] Billy's Budget Siege Ballista Flaskfinder 50k dps [HC]

Hey all,

After playing a deadeye ballista char which unfortunately ripped to a one shot I decided to reroll a similar build but for pathfinder. I figured pathfinder would allow me to be more defensive and add poison for free, scaling it off of phys dmg from the ballista's. It worked really well so far and its a very cheap build.

The idea is to make use of the poison from the master herbalist node. Poison scales off of phys damage and chaos damage dealt. Using Atziri's promise on top of the double more multipliers from slower projectiles and pierce the damage from the poison is insane!

Skill Build and levelling guide:

Spoiler

Levelling gear:
Spoiler
Start off levelling with split arrow, use a silverbrach to make life easy. Switch to a stormcloud when that falls off too much (see gems section for links). At lvl 18 get Roth's reach, and at lvl 32 get a Death's Harp. At 53, you can go for an infractem, or skip it and get the best bow in slot for this build; lioneye's glare. For extremely easy levelling pick up a drillneck. Note: none of these items are actually required to make the build work, it just makes levelling quicker. The only required unique for this build is the Rain of splinters jewel

Build:

Skill gems
Spoiler
For levelling:
Spoiler
split arrow + added fire + faster attacks + ppad/pierce

Main skill:
Spoiler
Siege ballista + faster attacks + Pierce + slower projectiles + added chaos 6th link = ppad
Curse:
Spoiler
Frenzy + GMP + Coh + Projectile weakness/poachers mark + chain [chain is optional if you have the space for it]
Defensive setup and aura's:
Spoiler
Run AA + Hatred + Clarity lvl 3 [you can add enlighten if you have it and level up clarity more]

cwdt lvl lvl 10-15 (depending on hp) + phase rune + inc duration + vaal haste

cwdt lvl 1 + chaos golem lvl 3 + faster attacks + blink arrow

atm I'm sitting on 6k hp and use cwdt lvl 15, at about 1,5k dmg taken.

Ascendancies and bandits:
Spoiler

Ascendancy: Master herbalist -> Natures adrenaline -> Master surgeon -> Nature's boon
Bandits: Help: Oak, Kraityn, Kraityn

Flasks
Spoiler

Until you get Master surgeon you need 2 bubbling/seething life flasks, one with thawing and with bleeding (I also use 2 when I'm running lab).
Basalt with duration + immune to curses
Silver flask with duration + w/e you need (I have one with extra eva)
Quicksilver with duration + movement speed
Atziri's promise (this one is important it increases our dps by a lot!!)
At some point if you can afford it get a ToH.
I also have flasks of each element to use when map mods have extra dmg of ele type.
You need to be flexible with flasks, I also ran a mana flask for levelling. With a mana flask you can easily run no regen maps, also for no regen maps swap out projectile weakness for poachers mark.

Items:
Spoiler

Useful items for this build:

For your jewels look for increased totem damage + increased life

Defensive page:
Spoiler

Offensive page:
Spoiler

If you want to have a further look at my character and items its: Billy_Rippedy_doo_dah
Last edited by thevdende on Jul 3, 2016, 9:23:27 AM
Last bumped on Jul 9, 2016, 3:32:58 AM
~reserved like a pro~
I'm wondering if its worth it to pick up the exceptional performance cluster, anyone who has experience with poison builds who knows if its worth it or not?
Last edited by thevdende on Jul 5, 2016, 4:54:14 AM
Just wondering how the build is going and if it's t15 viable?
Small update: I'm lvl 90, its definetely T15 viable, though you will need to have kintsugi, and a ToH before you start doing really high lvl maps. Atm with all flasks up I'm at about 30k dps per ballista, have 55% chance to evade 30% dodge 27% phys mitigation (from basalt only) + more from AA with 6,1k life. It's also a nice build for uber lab, although sometimes its a bit annoying when the ballista don't target Izaro if there are mobs spawning in the other corner of the room. Pathfinder in general is great for lab runs though.
Last edited by thevdende on Jul 9, 2016, 3:33:35 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info