[2.3 HCP WIP] LL 6 aura party MF Culler / low tier solo alt/rare farmer, Self cast, non-crit Arc

TLDR: Not cheap, not for beginners. Meant for hardcore. Sacrifices some DPS for defence, and party support. Boosts your party with 3 Purities, Discipline, Wrath, and another 50% aura of your choice. Able to solo farm rares - Over 200 IIR gets plenty of rare rings and amulets for chaos/regal recipe. Hardcore build, but not a facetanker. Defenses against physical are mostly flasks. You will only get about 500-1000 base armour/evasion (still more than most pure ES builds). More ES than a non-hierophant build because of Ascendancy. Estimated 500 chaos cost in current hardcore prophecy economy. Non-crit Arc final DPS is still undetermined.

Hi ! Let me start out by saying a few things. I have been playing hardcore very seriously for the past four months, although you can see on my account that I first started playing in 2013. This will be my first guide, although it is not the first build that I have created. I love theory crafting in this game, I often find myself thinking about possibilities for it and running numbers in my head. I end up with a long stack of calculator windows open when I'm playing. For this build, I want to take advantage of Mana and Intelligence to have a large ES pool (7k+) with Shavronne's Wrappings. I have wanted to make a Hierophant for some time, for the Sanctuary of Thought ascendancy - so that we get 25% maximum mana as ES. With this, we will get mana and intelligence on all of our rares. We also will take Illuminated Devotion, which basically gives us a free support gem on our helm, gloves, and boots. As a plus, uber ascendency will give us free power & endurance charges. We will have 7% mana unreserved and have a hefty reduced mana cost from the skill tree, ascendency, and The Vertex. 7% unreserved will be 140 mana if we have 2000 maximum mana.

Pros and Cons
Spoiler

Pros
- 6 auras. +4 to all max resists from purities. Vaal haste and Discipline for bosses.
- Not reliant on any curses. Let your party use what they need.
- Leech on a chaining spell with Vaal Pact
- Leech on Molten Shell and for Animate Guardian.
- No health pots means more room for defensive flasks. Rumi's, Basalt/Granite, Jade, Kiara's
- Able to farm mass rares for chaos/regal recipe, alts and marketable items
- EASY Culling with Arc - no targeting projectile issues compared to Spark.
- Currently 215 IIR. 170 IIR with rare gloves (with no rarity) over Aurseize.

Cons
- Does not want to facetank physical bosses. Does not want to get hit in the face by endgame physical damage.
- Not tested or made for Uber Izaro/Lab/Traps.
- ES with Vaal Pact over Zealot's Oath makes for a more difficult time running uber traps. Lab is still fine, but you still fear a one-shot from merc/uber Izaro.
- Have to kite some endgame rare monsters, exiles, bosses.
- Low life = Requires Shavs = Expensive.
- Could get two-shotted by a rare ele reflect spiker in a T10 if you forget to pop Vinktars, defense flasks and Vaal Discipline before killing it.
- Currently only 215 IIR, no IIQ.

Skill Tree
Bandits: Alira (+60 mana), Kill all, Oak (+1 Endurance charge)

Level 92 finished build, see the Auras page

Level 72, ready to turn low-life, with less jewels, damage, mana/ES

I initially skilled an endurance charge on the tree, but instead you can kill Oak for one and save three points. I will leave it in the build as an option to have 5 endurance charges, as this is a HC build.

Here's the basic rundown of the build:
Skill gems
Auras:
Spoiler
Armour 5L - Enlighten3, Purity, Purity, Purity, Grace(Or other 50% aura) 6th socket swap out for different situations Flame Dash/Enduring Cry/Conductivity/Tempest Shield
Gloves - Blood Magic21, Enlighten3, Discipline, Wrath (+ Inc. Aoe from asc.)
+1 gems on gloves is great extra ES/damage, but not necessary

Self casted spells (and CwDT):
Spoiler
Helm - Arc, Spell Echo, Controlled Destruction, Added lightning (+ Penetration from asc.)
- It is important to get all four of these gems at 20% quality. I bought each one at 16-19% quality for under 10c each and then filled them out with GCPs. It is less important to get quality on any of our other gems.
- +1 gems on The Vertex gives us an extra chain on Arc which is rad
- In a party, you can swap out Added Lightning for Item Rarity! Again, use a 20/20 one.

Boots - 3L CwDT, IC, Molten Shell. Animate Guardian (+ Leech from asc.)
Shield - Inc. Duration Vaal Haste + Vaal Discipline
Dagger - WB - Fortify - Faster attacks OR Lightning warp - Less Duration - Faster Casting

Enlighten 3 is about 80 chaos while Blood Magic 21 is 25 chaos.

Gear
Total: 550 - 600 chaos on Hardcore Prophecy.
Spoiler
Helm: The Vertex (25chaos)
Armour: Shavs (300 chaos)
Belt: Doryani's Invitation (with lightning damage/leech) (2-3 chaos for good fire/cold rolls)
Weapon: Heartbreaker OR Ephemeral Edge with Culling Strike corruption (1 alch or 10 chaos)
Shield: Rare 400 ES shield with 15 all res, chaos resist, 50+ spell damage (25-50 chaos)
Gloves: +1 Gems rare gloves (25 chaos) or other rare Armour/ES gloves, with fire, cold and chaos resists, and 100+ ES.
Alternate option: Aurseize. 45% IIR and +15% to all resists helps us out and we can grab a couple +10 to all on our jewels.
Boots: Wondertrap for 100 rarity!

Here's what I'd do with the weapon: When soling, use heartbreaker. When running in a party, use the Ephemeral Edge for +40% ES and just rely on your culling strike.

Rings:
Rares with Prefix: >60 mana, >40 ES, Rarity. Suffix: All res/Chaos res, Intelligence, Rarity or Lightning Damage. Better to have Rarity on the prefix and implicit (gold ring)

Amulet with Prefix: % ES, + ES, +Mana. Suffix: Rarity, Intelligence, lightning damage or cast speed or resist

ONE of your rings or your amulet needs to have +30% lightning. ONE of your rings or amulet needs to give +15% to all resists.

Required Jewel: 1x Conqueror's Efficiency. 1x Energy From Within (near Pain Attunement) We will have 6 more jewel slots, so get: Lightning Damage, Spell damage, Spell damage with shield, Cast speed, % ES, and all resists.

Reasoning for Unique choices:
Spoiler
- The Vertex is great for the reduced mana, +1 gems, chaos resist, and Eva/ES. That's too many good things to ignore. If you want, you can add +40 IIR with a rare helm that is > 300 ES, and you could get Int & Mana on it too for more ES. You would lose the benefits of The Vertex.
- Doryani's belt is a perfect choice because although it adds lightning damage and leech, it gives fire and cold resists!! Because we have Shavronne's Wrappings, we get +35% lightning resist and we only need to get lightning in one other place.
- Heartbreaker for damage and culling, Ephemeral for more ES (higher tier maps in party) and culling.
- Wondertrap because it's the easiest way to get a big chunk of IIR.
- We make use of every mod on Shavronne's Wrappings. We account for the lightning res and thus it fits perfectly with Doryani's Invitation.
- Conqueror's Efficiency because we need that little bit of reduced mana reserved to run 6 auras.
- Energy From Within because it's an easy way to get +50% ES out of 5 skill points (making them each 10% ES nodes)

Why not IIR?
Spoiler
This is not in standard, we don't get IIR affixes or skill gem sadly. We don't use the IIR uniques because we're already playing Hardcore with velvet slippers (Wondertrap). The best we could do would be +20-30 IIR with Perandus Blazon, Sadima's, Ventors. But we want more ES instead.

Passive tree stats and explanation
Spoiler
- 225% ES, +54 ES, 134% Mana, +400 mana with +60 mana from normal Alira
- 62% reduced mana cost with 140% mana regen, PLUS free mana cost on full ES from ascendancy, AND additonal 50% less from The Vertex, we should have no mana problems! If we can, leech on boots is the best lab enchant we can get.
- 117% total Lightning, Spell, and Elemental damage nodes. Not a ton, but we will get another 100% easily on weapon, shield and jewels, more from Controlled Destruction gem, 30% from Pain Attunement, 40% from Elemental Overload. For a total of over 325%+ spell damage.
25% cast speed
+20% resistance
28% Increased effect of auras = 10% more res from purities, more ES from discipline, more damage from wrath.
Also +1 max L res and +1 endurance charges from Oak, possibly +2 with one from the tree.
There is room to get more 6% ES nodes as you level through the 90s. At level 90 you should have at least 7k ES.

Flasks
Spoiler
Divination Distillate
Kiara's Determination
Granite of Staunching
Jade of Grounding
Vessel of Vinktar

Swap out the Divination Distillate for a Rumi's, Stibnite of Iron Skin, or a Silver flask.
Chemist's or Perpetual are the best prefixes.

With the Animate Guardian, we will give him cheap uniques like Ambu's, Leer Cast, Dying Breath, Slitherpinch, Atziri's Step/Kaom's Roots. If you're super rich maybe a Kingmaker.

Reasoning for Arc: Arc works great with leech, and it gives us more range over spark. Spark works as you can offscreen on open maps, but on closed maps you have to get closer to aim your projectiles. Plus you would need additional skill points to get pierce. Arc also has a chance to shock, 20% chance with 20% quality (4 chaos for a full quality gem).

I'm going to make the build on HCP within the next few days or so, I will update as it goes. Hopefully, I should be able to empower a small party in higher tier maps, and be able to solo <T10 maps to farm rares with close to 200 Rarity.

I would love to hear any thoughts or suggestions for improvement!

Updates:
Beginning leveling and buying gear. Found that the rings/amulets I need were not overtly expensive, because rarity with +Mana, ES, Int is not at all popular!
Last edited by luckyshin on Jul 3, 2016, 5:13:56 AM
Last bumped on Jul 2, 2016, 8:20:01 PM
Reserved

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info