2.3 Infernal Bladevortex. Pure insanity

2.3 Infernal Bladevortex. CI and Lifebased

Before i say "first of all" i'd like to say this is my first build-guide and my motherlanguage is not english, im open for suggestions about the thread and my writing.

So, first of all the build i will explain below is kinda expensive and does not do what it is supposed to do. But why and how to solve these problems will come down there.

1. What we are looking at is an "Avatar of Fire" and "The Signal Fire" pure fire build.
2. It is life based and runs no auras.
3. It is useing the keystone "Blood Magic".
4. In addition it needs "The Taming" which is fairly hard to get and the most expensive part of the build. Yet.
5. And yea, its an elementalist.

What is the reason for this build

I am a fan of selfmade builds and when i do create a build i go through the gemlists on unique lists on the wiki and look for stuff that is very rare in use or people hate to death.
And I always wanted a prolif build, I tried a fire trapper but... meh was not my thing.
So i went further through the list of items and found "Emberwake". I thought about how to create as many stacks as possible in a very short time and ended up with Bladevortex.
Then i thought about the converting and started with "Avatar of Fire", "Call of the Brotherhood", "Phys to Lighning" and "Cold to Fire" supports. this went kinda well, but the dmg was not right and i wasted way too many gemslots. So i looked through the converting page on the wiki and found the quiver. The Signal Fire.
At this point I decided:"My char will be a crazy bowwielding elementalist that uses a physical spell that is completly converted to fire damage.

What was the build intended to do

So, the basic mechanic is the combination of 3 things.
1. Many hits with Elemental Conflux
2. Elemental Prolif
3. Emberwake ignite stacking

What it does particular is:
When u attack 1 enemy with for example 3 blades up the enemy will get 6 ignite stacks per second which deal 20% of the actual ignite damage wich is 25% of the inital hit per second.
When u hit 2 enemys with 3 blades up the enemys will get 6 ignite stacks per second which deal 20% of the actual ignite damage wich is 25% of the inital hit per second. In addition they ignite each other 6 times. So both have 12 ignite stacks.
When u attack 3 enemys with 3 blades up the enemys will get 6 ignite stacks per second which deal 20% of the actual ignite damage wich is 25% of the inital hit per second. In addition all 3 ignite each other 6 times. So all 3 have 18 stacks. And so on.
If u dive into 3 enemys with 50 blades up all 3 will have 300 ignite stacks up after 1 second. For larger packs u need way less stacks on BV.
And then u get 10% increased damage per shock/freeze/ignite on an enemy. Which means +3010% increased dmg against enemys that have 300 Ignite stacks and 1 shock stack.

The gem setup

Main attack setup

Blade Vortex, Spell Echo, Inc/Conc Area of Effect, Added Fire Damage, Fire Penetration, Increased Duration.

CWDT setups

1. CWDT lvl 9, Immortal Call lvl 12, Inc Duration, Vaal Haste
2. CWDT lvl 9, Enfeeble lvl 12, Inc Area of Effect

Movement setup

Flame Dash, Lightning Golem, Faster Casting, Flammability

Skilltree and Ascendancy

Ascendancy

We ascend as Elementalist and pick up "Shaper of Desolation" and "Beacon of Ruin" with our first 4 Ascendancy points to get the prolif runnign as soon as possible.
After that we can decide between "Liege of Primordial", "Paragon of Calimity" and "Pendulum of Destruction". And all of them are kinda nice. For this char i have chosen "Pendulum of Destruction" and would have gone for "Paragon of Calimity" if I ever managed the Uber Lab.

Skilltree

I sadly have no leveling tree ready but in the first levels u want a good amount of life and decent damage to swap to "Blood Magic" at around level 60-80. I think the early levels are irrelevant anyways since u can't realy play this as first char and should have levelgear later anyways.

Here is my current level 86 Skilltree.

CI skilltree LvL 93

Spoiler
https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAABAMCAN-Ka3rUBxek6QLIv9yNEzVLrkZSGyX8TNlbbRkRUJf0IvQ1uVJTbAunKx1PPV-TJ76Kf8bviFM1oS_K08HF-TdQQrQM7BiIQtfPjDbqukZxj_osvx3ZSbFURw18gwnw1dDQFddDVKa-V8lvnklRX2qGrvRxKPo3g8pKVmOCx7iTputfsB2-HNwsppu1M4fr7o8akNbDOoTFA-6nCCo4j0adrtgkHRSboQN1Vkj60q-NEmkYavfXkStmnhcvFxx4L4RIWHdyD2TncXl85Vxr4vdfBHGFlG9V1lgHw2165vMRZlSApGP9sUKFe0bX7DiCm5o7n9_vfA==

Bandits

N: Oak
C: Oak
M: Kill

Gear

CI gear under : (AoF BV CI)
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1703099

So, lets start with the Mandatory Uniques.
We need the following stuff.
Spoiler

Follow up with my current gear.
Spoiler

And finish this part with my flasks.
Spoiler

So why is the titel "Mission failed"

The reason for the titel is that i reworked this char completly.
From BM to CI. And much more.

But what does that mean for this build?
This build is viable for Maps to T13 and propably higher if u invest into much better gear and level. But it was not what i wanted. U can do Atziri with this and propably uber if u are very used to Atziri. But still, its not worth the cost in my opinion, but the upcoming CI version is. And its much more expensive. MUCH more.

Links

In the following part will be 2 Videos about this Build as soon as they are rendered and uploaded.
1. A german explanation similar to this thread.
2. An Abyss run which did not went that well.

The Thread for the CI version is coming up as soon as possible.

Thanks for reading and for your feedback.
Clawbased supp + carry guide
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2116480
Molten strike brightbeak nonsense guide
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2067539
Last edited by incredibie on Jul 24, 2016, 11:43:10 AM
Last bumped on Jul 13, 2016, 1:01:07 PM
gg
"
dwdie wrote:
gg

Thanks for the constructive critism ;) CI version will be up in a few days i hope.
Clawbased supp + carry guide
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2116480
Molten strike brightbeak nonsense guide
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2067539

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info