Don't comprehend Life leech mechanics

My Witch deals
100.000 Chaos Damage per second. 4 Attacks per second.
I'm using "Atziri's Promise" . So 2% of my damage will leeched as life.
That must be 25.000 Damage per Attack / 2% = 500 leech per Attack --> 2000 per second, right?!

But the lifeleech mechanics will leech over time and max 2% from max. health per second, right?
I got 2000 Health.
So i got a Regeneration rate of only 40 Health per second???
How Long is the Duration?

How will Vaal Pact change this???
Last bumped on Jul 1, 2016, 9:52:05 AM
If your hit leeches 500 and you have 40/sec rate it will leech for 12,5 sec Or if you reach full health.

Remember those leeches stack to up to 20% of max hp/sec if unmodified

With Vaal pact you will leech the 500 instantly with each attack. Also remember that you won't leech quite as much as your damage is since it depends on how much damage the monsters take and if mob only has 10k hp you will only leech 200
Ign: LavaMosse
TimeZone: GMT+2
"
But the lifeleech mechanics will leech over time and max 2% from max. health per second, right?
I got 2000 Health.

That 2% is per leech effect. The total cap on your leech rate is 20% (which a few passives in the Duelist area can increase). So if you hit a single enemy four times in a second, you'll generate four leech effects. Each effect will leech you for 500 life at a rate of 40 per second, so each will last for 12.5 seconds and your total leech while all four are active will be 160 life per second. If a single attack hits multiple enemies, you'll have a leech effect running for each enemy hit. And so on. Does that make sense?

"

Leech effects become instant. When you hit an enemy you will immediately gain 500 life.
Have you done something awesome with [url=http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Sire_of_Shards]Sire of Shards[/url]? PM me and tell me all about it!
Last edited by viperesque on Jul 1, 2016, 4:35:41 AM
"
Nerevar86 wrote:
My Witch deals
100.000 Chaos Damage per second. 4 Attacks per second.
I'm using "Atziri's Promise" . So 2% of my damage will leeched as life.
That must be 25.000 Damage per Attack / 2% = 500 leech per Attack --> 2000 per second, right?!

I got 2000 Health.

Vaal Pact will make the leech instant and not care about the leech recovery rate.
You can make that 2% of max per second up to 20% of max per second, 20% is the hard cap.
The duration depend on the amount you leech from what I understand.So it's a formula of amount of life leeched divided by leech recovery rate. Or something like that, the wiki has some nice calculations there.
Ok, thx.

Is with Vaal Pact a Chance to Regenerate faster, than gain damage?
Will "Atziri's Promise" and "Warlord's Mark" stack?

So that they will be 1000 per attack?

How much will the leech only with "max +20% qual lifeleech Support gem"?

100.000dps ( 4 Attacks per sec)
Without Atziris and warlords mark, only maxed Lifeleech Gem?
> Is with Vaal Pact a Chance to Regenerate faster, than gain damage?

What?

> Will "Atziri's Promise" and "Warlord's Mark" stack?

Yes. 1000 per attack with vaal pact.

> How much will the leech only with "max +20% qual lifeleech Support gem"?

The quality and leveling of the life leech gem does not affect a vaal pact character (because there is no leech "per second"). Someone with more free time than I have right now can calculate exactly how much leech you'll be getting if you don't take vaal pact.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info