Looking for friends in game to map with / talk to.

So, I used to hang out with a rather large group of buddies I had met online over several years, and several games. We used mumble to chat and played many games together. But, it all started to go downhill a few years ago, when I started playing Path of Exile religiously, ("What game are you playing bro?", "PoE" , "Ugh, Still?"). The problem with this is out of say 20 people including myself, I was the only one truly "hooked".

Not really wanting to play D3 or any other games besides PoE, it started to alienate me from the rest of the group, things got precedingly more and more awkward, until many people I used to consider close friends stopped coming around, either because of real life factors, or simply because they were tired of me constantly trying to push PoE on them, and without even realizing it comparing PoE to other games (mainly the non p2w model and how ethical the cash shop is), until none were left, I am the only one now.

In a since, Path of Exile has literally been a Path of Exile for myself, separating me from many friends, mostly indirectly.

Since things have gone downhill (say 8 months or so ago?) I have joined many guilds, looking for a new group of friends who maybe enjoy PoE as much as myself, sadly to no avail. I try to be active in guild chat, talk to people when I can, but I always feel like the odd man out. No one keeps a conversation very long, and certainly no one maps with me. Sadly, over my few years and many thousands of hours of playing I never found any "PoE Friends".

I know most of this could be my own fault, but that doesn't help me feel any better about it. I sometimes wonder, "Am I just that unlikeable?" Surely not, as in every other game I have ever played online, I haven't had any issue like this at all.

Currently my friends list has 8 people 6 of which haven't been online in 2 years, and the other 2 are new players I helped once for a few hours and then we never spoke again.

I'm sort of reaching out to the community, last year I wouldn't be caught dead posting anything like this anywhere, but I'm finding myself becoming progressively more and more destitute, and desperate for people to play with.

I know there are good people out there in Wraeclast, so if you are looking for a fun, enthusiastic, and generally nice person to chat with or map with sometime, please don't hesitate to shoot a friend request my way.

Thank you for your time everyone, I look forward to maybe playing with you.

TL:DR Need friends, please help :(
People of the gutters, steel your bellies, for the slaughter is at hand!

Last bumped on Jun 30, 2016, 7:30:12 PM
Hey man, how are you? I'd like to be the first person to respond to your post by saying you are welcome to join my group of friends on Teamspeak:) And so is anybody else seeing this!!! We have 3 to 5 people who play actively of POE 3 are experienced and 2 of us are genuinely new still. Reply to me if you are interested and ill Pm you the server addreszs!!! SS

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info