Is it worth using alts on maps for packsize( blue) and buying chisels?

HI there

So I'm going for 100 very slowly and was wondering whether it's worth buying alts to give every t10 and t9 im running 14% packsize.
I'm doing the plat gorge thing.

Also, is it worth buying chisels as Ive never bought them. So is it worth chiseling blue maps or not.
And if I have to buy them if anyone knows the /ex ratio in std, I'd be grateful.

I have some ex to spare on these currencies, but would they best be spent on maps as opposed to alts/chis

TYVM

Turnip

I'm 97.80% atm
Last bumped on Jun 30, 2016, 6:27:14 PM
anyone?
Should just alch and go for gorges/platau/spring/canyon etc
IGN: TsuruyaNyro
For what it's worth, I think doing 1 alch then running the map is better. You're going to be speed running those. Alts/chisels for every one of them is great in theory, but you're going to use a ton of currency and time rolling those maps. Currency that could be better used buying more and more Gorge/Plateau maps.
If you're only interested in experience, pack size is the most important stat you're looking for. It's more expensive to level on blue maps though, and it's more dangerous to level on rare maps. Depends on your level of wealth and the safety of your build/playstyle.

Chisels get you the same amount of extra map drops no matter the map rarity - 20% extra. Without increasing difficulty. I only use them on T11+ maps at the moment but if you don't intend to climb map tiers I don't think they're that important, you can just sell them off and buy more maps that you prefer. Depends on the economy of your league.

With the new exp penalty there's absolutely no point in ever going beyond Springs for exp (there is for money, of course), so there's no point in chiseling because maintaining yellow maps is trivial. Try to maintain as many gorge maps as you can, so just alch stuff.
Thanks for the responses
I dont alch due to rip possibility

I gather chisels arent worth it.

Sooo

If i only play blue gorge plat, is it worth spending alts on mapsize 14%

TYVM

Turnip
In my experience the more currency you invest into your maps - the more returns you'll see maps wise.

I don't mean Choas spam a map 10+ times... but chiseling, alching, maybe a few chaos rolls for super Quality/Quantity and Vaaling... heck throw an atziri shard in + a mod from the map device (Bloodlines is a nice choice here imo). If you can afford to do this then you'll never worry about map drops again... they'll be raining from the heavens and you'll be wondering WTF people on the fourms are complaining about.

It's expensive but if the standard trade economy is deserted such that you can't buy/spam the Gorges you've been running for 5chaos each then it's the way to go.

I maintained fine chiselling, alching and chaosing. This maintained me at T11's and grew my stock of all Red Maps over time. It's a lot easier to buy a few EX worth of chisels to use on maps then to buy Gorge's in bulk I've found so you'll spend less time trading and more time running maps... just no guarantee they'll all be Gorges/Plateaus.

I forgot the ratio of chisels:EX sorry. Been a while... but if you can get above 200:1 I think that's about good enough. I know in Prophecy it's 4:1c... and choas:Ex is like 64:1... so that's 256 chisels to 1EX if you buy em in chaos 4:1. But eh.. again it's been a while. I haven't bought any chisels this league... just been doing challenges. Good luck.
"The key to winning any fight is simply staying alive."
Can you guys recommend a Youtube guide for mapping?
"
warlick wrote:
Can you guys recommend a Youtube guide for mapping?

"Gorge speedclear"

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info