[2.3] Janus' Lowlife Barrage CoC Physical 'Flaskfinder': Sick damage, high defenses, fast clearspeed

Hi guys,

I would like to introduce you to my latest character. I have never had so much fun with a build.

Introduction

Videos

Note: I don't run through maps like on crack, and I don't claim to be a very good player ;-) The point of the mapruns is to show you the strengths and weaknesses of the build, which I think they do. Bosses are always at the end of the vids.

Colosseum run w/Enfeeble, - Max Res & Beyond Bosses

Palace run w/Enfeeble & Monster Phys Dmg reduction

Village Ruin w/ Vuln, Ele Weak & double extra damage

Abyss run w/ EE, Vuln, Ele Weak, Phys Dmg Reduction & Turbo

Excavation Facetank Bosskill w/ Turbo Mod & Extra Fire Dmg

Pros and Cons

Pros
+ Insanely fun
+ Very fast move speed and very high DPS resulting in very good clear speed
+ Ranged build with high defenses
+ Flasks are up permanently
+ Can run all maps and mods except Blood Magic
+ Firing wands like a machinegun
+ Can run 2-3 curses
+ Easy uses against Atziri (not tested vs uber Atziri yet)

Cons
- Not cheap (budget version requires 6L Shavs and good ES gear)
- Requires flask management (I use 1234Space for example)
- Vulnerable to physical reflect if you don't have your flask up
- Not tested against Uber Atziri (but similar builds can do it so it should be np)
- CoC might be an issue for very slow and old PCs, but by far not as bad as Discharge
- Cannnot run Blood Magic Maps

Stats

Offense

- 12-14 Barrage projectiles at 2.4 APS, crit capped with power charges
- Triggers 3 spells: Bladefall (18K DPS), Ethereal Knives (27K), Glacial Cascade (10.6K, replacable by Blade Vortex with 5.1K damage and max 20 stacks)
- Additional damage by Vulnerability (1st curse), Poison (thanks to Pathfinder's Master Herbalist ascendancy) and Veteran Bowyer not factored in

Offense - Barrage attack speed

Offense - Bladefall damage

Offense - Ethereal Knives damage

Offense - Glacial Cascade damage

Offense - Blade Vortex damage (in case you run it over Glacial Cascade)

Defense

- 8K+ ES
- Almost 6K armor plus a Basalt flask resulting in 66% Damage reduction
- 7K+ Evasion rating resulting in 39% Evasion
- Very unlikely to get stunned thanks to Skyforth and 1200+ Mana
- 75/28 Block/Spell Block
- 75/84/85 Resists (84/84/85 with a Ruby Flask)
- Taste of Hate makes us take 45% of Physical Damage taken as Cold Damage (30% with nonlegacy ToH), of which 84% are negated with our cold resist
- 65% Movement Speed or more (I have 110% thanks to a 30% move speed Diamond Flask)
- Insanely high instant leech
- Enfeeble Aura (2nd curse)
- Defenses are up all the time

Defense in hideout (only auras)

Defense in combat (with flasks)

A basic How-to

Mechanics

Our strength comes from flasks. Therefore we pick the Pathfinder Ascendancy which gives all our flasks the ability to gain a flask charge on a critical strike.
We crit so much that we have 100% flask uptime.
Thanks to Volley Fire Jewels we fire 8 additional Barrage Projectiles, with a +2 Barrage Projectile helmet an additional two for 12-14 projectiles.
We also have 50% increased flask effects (very nice for the damage conversion of Taste of Hate, Rumi's Block, Max resists, etc.), 28% increased flask duration and remove Bleeding when using a flask.

The build

Base Tree - Level 88 Ranger; Pathfinder Ascendancy

Gear & Gem Links

This is not a cheap build. While it uses no mirrored gear, the gear is definitely optimized. Standard gear of course is stronger due to legacy mods, but the build also works in temp leagues if you are rich enough to afford the required items.

Gem Links

6-Link attack:

4-Link Aura:

4-Link Aura:

4-Link Utility:

3-Link Curse:

3-Link Movement:

Gear

Mandatory gear

- Chest: 6-linked Shavronne's Wrappings - 4G 2B (5G 1B if you run Blade Vortex over Glacial Cascade)
- Flasks: Vessel of Vinktar with Physical to Lightning Conversion, Rumi's Concoction and Taste of Hate. Legacy or nonlegacy doesn't matter that much.

Gear Breakdown: What to look for

- Helmet: a high ES Hubris Circlet; optimally with Accuracy and resists. If you want to mirror my +2 Barrage proj helmet, drop me a PM. The crafted strength can be changed (but I need it and have enough resists, so it saves me a passive point).

- Chest: 6-linked Shavronne's Wrappings - 4G 2B (5G 1B if you run Blade Vortex over Glacial Cascade) <- no other choice

- Wand: Void Battery or a CoC wand with crit, spell damage, attack speed. I prefer Void Battery.

- Shield: a high ES shield with resists; optimally also has spell crit and/or spell damage.

- Gloves: Maligaro's Virtuosity or Shadows and Dust; optimally with Vulnerability on Hit. If your ES or your resists are too low, ES gloves also work.

- Boots: Skyforth or high ES boots if you run a 'budget' version (see below).

- Belt: A Heavy Belt or Chain Belt with strength, resists and ES. Flask mods can be nice but are not necessary. Move speed crafting is helpful but doesn't matter much overall.

- Amulet: an amulet with Accuracy, Energy Shield, Crit Multi, Spell Damage, Resists; optimally with +1 curse.

- Rings: This is the main source for accuracy, along with ES and resists.

- Flasks: Vessel of Vinktar with Physical to Lightning Conversion, Rumi's Concoction and Taste of Hate are set. I prefer a Basalt flask with shock removal for damage reduction and to counteract Vinktars as well as a Diamond Flask to make sure my spells almost always crit, with either curse removal or move speed.

- Jewels: We run two Volley Fire jewels in the area left above the Ranger starting area and right of the Shadow starting area. On the other jewels, look for attack speed, ES, spell crit, crit multi, spell damage. Running Energy from Within is also an option if you take the hybrid life/ES nodes at the Melding cluster.

Example gear - highly optimized

Budget otions

- Helmet: a high ES Hubris Circlet; difference to top gear: 'Just' 12 instead of 14 Barrage projectiles, meaning 29 per second instead of 35.

- Chest: 6-linked Shavronne's Wrappings - 4G 2B (5G 1B if you run Blade Vortex over Glacial Cascade) <- no other choice

- Wand: a wand with high crit and APS. If possible also craft spell damage on it.

- Shield: a high ES shield with resists, possibly also Prism Guardian can work if you have enough ES on boots and gloves and a bit more ES nodes on tree.

- Gloves: Shadows and Dust or ES gloves.

- Boots: High ES boots with some resists.

- Belt: A Heavy Belt with resists and ES. Flask mods can be nice but are not necessary. Move speed crafting can be nice.

- Amulet: Eye of Chayula. +1 curse saves you 4 passive points.

- Rings: on both rings high accuracy along with ES and resists

- Flasks: Vessel of Vinktar with Physical to Lightning Conversion, Rumi's Concoction and Taste of Hate are mandatory. You can run nonlegacy versions and take Vaal Pact.

- Jewels: We run two Volley Fire jewels in the area left above the Ranger starting area and right of the Shadow starting area. On the other jewels, look for attack speed, ES, spell crit, crit multi, spell damage. Running Energy from Within is also an option if you take the hybrid life/ES nodes at the Melding cluster.

- Tree changes: You have to take Vaal Pact possibly due to no instant leech, and without the +1 curse ammy you have to take Whispers of Doom for the second curse. You also have to take the reduced mana nodes at the Leadership cluster.

- Gem changes: Due to not having the Power Charges from Skyforth, you have to run Assassin's Mark. I would consider dropping Herald of Ash for Herald of Ice to get the curse going. You can also link Enfeeble to it and save some reserved mana. Alternatively, get some gloves that have "Grants Level 10 Assassin's Mark" or so and link Herald of Ice, Herald of Thunder, Curse on Hit, Enfeeble or Vulnerability plus the Assassin's Mark from gloves.

Other info

Variations

- For mapping, Arc instead of Glacial Cascade might give you more clear speed.
- For Atziri/uber Atziri I would probably swap GC for Blade Vortex if you have a 5 off Shavs, otherwise swapping GC for Conc Effect and EK for BV is also an option.

Standard vs Temp League and Minmaxing

- Legacy Taste of Hate means 45% physical damage taken as cold, nonlegacy 30% (50% increases from ascendancy flask nodes). Legacy Vessel of Vinktar means instant leech, nonlegacy means you need to take Vaal Pact.
- In my current setup I use two curses, one base plus one from my Amulet. You can also get two curses by taking Whispers of Doom in the tree, it just costs 4 points. Or run three curses with a higher level character and a +1 curse amulet.
- A helmet with +2 Barrage projectiles helps quite a lot. If you want to mirror mine, I can replace the strength with a resist or INT.
- With some more passive points I might consider running two 50% auras on life, but most likely will rather get more ES.

Biggest Threats and Map Mods to avoid

- Reflect: Unless you run a Warlords Mark curse as third curse, Reflect is a problem. You will shoot yourself against Physical Reflect if firing multiple volleys, and badly damage yourself against Elemental Reflect if you have no Vinktar flask up in map. If you have Vinktars up, it's absolutely no problem. However I would avoid Reflect Maps for this reason, they are hard and annoying to play.
- Chaos Damage: Most likely you have -60% Chaos Resist. Beware of high chaos damage enemies. Your leech will help but you cannot ignore these enemies.
- Map Mods to avoid: Physical Reflect (elemental is doable if you replace Hatred by another aura) and Blood Magic are impossible to run. Hexproof is a bit annoying but no problem.

If you have any questions or suggestions, please post here.

BoETags

(BoE)skill=Barrage;skill=Bladefall;skill=Ethereal+Knives;item=Shavronne's+Wrappings;defense=ES;coc=true;crit=true;hardcore=true;atziri=true;cheap=false(BoE)
IGN: @JanusHuntress

Thanks GGG for caring so much about your players: https://redd.it/57wexj
Last edited by Janus171 on Jul 16, 2016, 9:07:51 AM
Last bumped on Sep 3, 2016, 10:36:45 AM
reserved

Updated with Videos. FAQ coming tomorrow if people are interested.

Nice videos man, subbed on YT.
"
Nice videos man, subbed on YT.

Thank you. Added a budget section and biggest threats.

That thread just need more replies :)
Updated. LMK what you guys wanna see in addition. Wondering this has really few responses ;-)

Hi, really fun build to play, i was getting a bit bored with my mjolner build so i changed my 'LL immortal blade vortex' build to this one. Except i do a few things different.

I dont have skyforth and i wanted to use the endurance charge mechanism for immortal call uptime. To gain and lose powercharges i use a unique shield (forgot the name :S), the charges are then converted bij volls ammy.
For stun immune i use kiaras flask then.
My crit chance on barrage is only 65%, but with assassin mark on blasphemy and diamond flask i crit all the time.
For auras i use discipline hatred and haste, blasphemy enfeeble and assassin on life.
For main attack i use barrage, coc, bladefall, glacial cascade, inc crit chance and phys to lightning (coz i have the wrong type of vinktar).

So quite a few changes, but the main idea of the build is the same i think. Can you recommend some impovements for me? I want to keep my shavs 3g3b btw, coz i use it for a bladefall trapper occultist to farm uber.

Spoiler

Spoiler
https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAABAIDAA18DdEOXA-rEQ8RLxFQFkAWvxcvGGoZihqPGyUbyB0UHaogbiL0JIsqCyo4Kwo1uTY9N0w9X0V-RnFHBkmxS65Ms1AwUlNV1lgHXGtcil3yX2pfsGBDYlpjQ2TnZp5q-mwLbRltbG49b55wUncHeC9713zlf4CApIMJhEiExYV9hxOJ04wLjDaMdo2Sj0aTJ5cGl5WX9Juhm7WcpKEvpyusmK_rtAy1SLcxuXy-gL6KwzrDbcSix53KSsrTz93Q0NfP2VvbXt-Y4YjjhOfq6QLquutj7LDviPGK8uH22vc999f5M_k3-tL7Cf5J_xA=
Thanks for your reply, glad you like the build idea :-)

- Concerning Skyforths or a replacement: I think Kiara's Determination is not a bad idea if you can handle the short duration. An alternative is a boot enchantment or a helm mod against stun.

- About curses/endurance charges, I would probably run Assassin's Mark along with Warlord's Mark. You do lose the Vulnerability curse, but then again, due to your Shavs colors, you can't run pure phys anyways. These two curses give you PCs and ECs as you need them, and they are not consumed. Because of that you can then run a better ES shield. It would mean you have to drop Enfeeble but the more ES you get from the shield should compensate for it. It would also free your ammy slot.

- About Shavs colors and links, with a GGGBBB Shavs I would run Barrage - Cast on Crit - Ethereal Knives/Bladefall - Glacial Cascade - Arc - Inc Crit Strikes. This means your damage is hybrid phys/ele but it gives you 3 spells again and Arc works very nicely with your lightning pen Vinktar flask and you can drop the P2L gem. By having two spells that do pure phys or at least half phys, you also get some nice added damage from poison and elemental damage added, and Arc can shock.

- About gearing, I would definitely get another wand with more attack speed and an ES shield in case you do the curse change. The belt is an interesting idea, I don't really need it for flask refill but it can help a lot. Example gear that could improve your build in my opinion:
(These are all for sale ;-))

- Tree locks rock solid, I don't think I would change anything about it.

How much ES do you have with your gear and tree?

Last edited by Janus171 on Jul 9, 2016, 6:58:07 PM
Thx for your answer!

I changed P2L to arc and I like it, so I'm gonna take that advice.

I also changed to a better es shield with some resists(about 400 es), with that I got a bit over 8K es. With the crappy unique I had about 7,3 k.

I use the belt for the extra endurance charge and because my flask management isn't too great, this way I can just spam :D But with the third spell and more attack speed I think it will not be necessary anymore.

About the curses, i'm not sure yet. I think for general mapping it is a very good setup. But for bosses (like atziri/izarro) not so great because you don't gain any charges then. So I gotta figure out what I wanna do with this build. Not loosing charges would be great for damage also, and for crit chance of course, and I could use my void battery instead of my current wand, hmm, think I'm gonna try it.

About that wand u got for sale, how much you ask for it? In case I decide to go for the romira/volls setup and cant use my void battery, it would be a huge upgrade to my current wand. I must say I'm pretty poor now, spent all my currency on mortal hopes, I can trade a vertex mask for it :P

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info