[2.3] Elemental Kinetic Blast Wander Inquisitor

This is going to be a pretty rough draft to begin with, but hopefully it's organised enough that it's readable.

Build pros:

Can do almost any map mod including elemental reflect if you're careful. (Not recommended for HC)
Fast clear speed / great damage
Safe, likely hardcore viable

Cons:

No whirling blades
Relies on Vinktar for leech, so attention must be payed to keep it up at all times, or at least so that we don't hit reflect mobs without it.

This can be played as life or CI. CI is going to be better, but a life based build is much cheaper and still functions well enough to clear most content. The gear is also different of course, but the two builds play the same. I've considered low life also, but all that it really offers is more damage. The damage as CI is already good enough for all content (it's already overkill anyway), it grants us more ES, Chaos immunity, and it frees up some more passives.

Life based tree:

Spoiler
http://exilecraft.org/#AAAAAwUAAF4A7gKWBLMFLQW1Bx4ILgmgC2EMUg5ID6sRLxGWFLAVIBa/GY4ZtCLiI/YkiySdJP0mlSoLKjgqTSpbKwos6S2DLlMwfDWSNj08LT8nP3NDMUM2Q8hEDUd+R+JJUUrITZJPBFFHUuxVS13yYeJiWmKsZU1o8myMbOduqnBSc3B07XXLefZ67311f8aCHoNfg8yGs4nTiuSMNo19jX6Nv5JulS6aYZvsnHudqp+IogCio6OKpDmoua9stMW18rc+t7a8Vr02vqfB88JzwuzDOsauyPDOcNJ802/TftQj2L3awedU6mLrY+1h7YPuDu968B/w1fGv9qP25/4K/rr/3g==

CI tree:

Spoiler
http://exilecraft.org/#AAAAAwUAApYJoAmqCpsMUg18DkgOXA+rEQ8RLxFQEZYUsBXXFr8ZihqPGyUc3B1PIG4i9CSLJJ0o+ioLKjgqWysKLL8tHzLRNbk7DT9zQzZEDUVHRX5GcUcGSVFLrkwtTLNQMFLsVmNXyVxrXfJfamJaY0Nq+mwIbAts520ZbWxwUnC7c3B59n/GgwmESITFhq6J04uMjDaPGo/6km6TJ5cGmmGbtZx7n4ihL6crqLmsmLQMtMW1SLiTvFa+isBmwJrBxcJzwuzDOsNtxKLI8MrTznDQH9DQ0nzTftlb2fzb59+Y5wrpAuq662Pr7uwY7WHveu/r8NXxivGv8uH22vbn99f53fsJ

We can skip Vaal Pact on both trees with a legacy Vessel of Vinktar. A non-legacy one still works, but it is probably more prudent to take all flask nodes to keep the flask up at all times. Note that this build requires a Vessel of Vinktar for leech. If you don't like to rely heavily on flasks you can get the Duelist leech nodes. It should be enough, but there isn't really any room for it as CI, and as life it's still mostly a waste of points.

Bandits:

Spoiler
Oak/Passive/Kraytin for life
Passive/Passive/Alira for CI

Attack speed from Kraytin is also possible from Cruel, but I find that the point is more useful as we already get enough attack speed.

Life based gear:

Spoiler

Ignore the gems I have in here. My life based gear is not very optimized as I grabbed stuff I have sitting around, but it still works effectively enough. Lioneye's Vision is a good option too.

CI gear:

Spoiler

Skyforth is effectively mandatory here. Crown of Eyes is also the best helmet for the build as it increases our damage by quite a lot. A rare helmet still works though as the damage is quite high. I do not have a problem with surviving though. This build can take out any boss that does not have multiple phases for the most part.

A note about the wand: I wouldn't stress too hard about what wand to get. The wand I have is very good for the build, but just about anything works. If you're playing the life based version of the build it is slightly more important, but I think that it's possible to manage with a bad wand still. Since we are using Vessel of Vinktar the lightning damage is probably the most important roll if you can't get a high phys damage wand, but if you can't find anything useful you can craft something. I crafted this in like 50 alts and a regal, and I can do all the content that I would normally do with my other wand :

More notes on gear:

You'll want to prioritize life/es on your jewelry, and then wed, added lightning to attacks, and accuracy in that order besides the resistances you might need. We want any sort of increased damage on Jewels. Added Lightning Damage, Spell Damage as CI, and crit multi are best other than life/es%. I wouldn't prioritize attack speed as I find that the build has more than enough to feel good. I'd rather deal more damage per hit at this point (not that it really matters).

Links:

Spoiler
Kinetic Blast / Pierce / Greater Multiple Projectiles / Added Lightning Damage / Weapon Elemental Damage / Faster Attacks

Faster Attacks can be skipped if you can't get the 6th link. If we get Lioneye's Vision as life we can sub out Pierce for another skill. Added Cold Damage and Life Leech come to mind as good replacements, but it doesn't really matter at that point since the damage is already going to be good enough. Slower Projectiles is also an option, but I don't personally like the feel. It is definitely usable though. If you have a mirrored wand Physical to Lightning might be better than Added Lightning, but I don't have a mirrored wand to test it out with.

Frost Wall / Spell Echo / Faster Casting

This is our single target setup. We mostly need this for high tier bosses. Most bosses below tier 13 melt anyway. Faster Casting can be replaced for Flame Dash to clear obstacles if you have nowhere else to put it.

Cast When Damage Taken / Immortal Call / Increased Duration

Typical CWDT setup

Wrath / Herald of Thunder / Enlighten / Portal

If you are playing as life skip Enlighten, and don't use Herald of Thunder.

Summon Ice Golem / Increased Duration / Vaal Discipline / Vaal Haste

Vaal Discipline isn't really needed (don't use it for life obviously). If you want to go faster you can remove it and put it in when Vaal Haste is full.

Poacher's Mark / Curse on Hit / Herald of Ice / Enlighten

For life skip Enlighten as it won't be needed. Use Assassin's Mark over Poacher's Mark to sustain Power Charges. We can use Blood Rage if we want frenzy charges as life.

If you're playing as life feel free to change the gem setup some more. It's much more flexible, and there are free slots to level some more gems.

If anyone notices a problem with my tree or any of my links let me know. I am more than willing to change this if there is something more efficient available. Videos will probably come eventually, but my internet is rather poor, so I can't play much right now.
Last edited by samthedigital on Jun 28, 2016, 11:23:13 PM
Last bumped on Jul 2, 2016, 2:11:33 PM
Reserved second post in case I need it.
hey man with a really high budget whats a better ascendancy class for kinetic blast this or Deadeye?
"
joshuadayne wrote:
hey man with a really high budget whats a better ascendancy class for kinetic blast this or Deadeye?

If you're going for elemental damage Inquisitor is definitely better. I don't have gear set up to do a proper full physical wander as it requires a mirrored wand to really be effective. A lot of damage gets converted anyway, so Inquisitor is still a solid choice. I don't think that Deadeye is a very good choice for a wander on any budget though. Raider and Pathfinder should have superior clear speed compared to Deadeye. That being said your ascendancy class isn't terribly important if you really want to pick a specific ascendancy; you only really notice the damage difference versus bosses.
Last edited by samthedigital on Jun 28, 2016, 9:08:22 PM
Could you run this as Occultist if you wanted to run a physical wand variant? Thinking on the lines of something a bit tankier and not having access to Skyforth's.
"
Thaain wrote:
Could you run this as Occultist if you wanted to run a physical wand variant? Thinking on the lines of something a bit tankier and not having access to Skyforth's.

Kiara's Determination works as a replacement for Skyforth too, so you're not only limited to Occulist, but it's difficult to make that work if you want to play an elemental build using Vessel of Vinktar unless you go Pathfinder. If you run a physical build you're going to be both gearing differently and using a different passive tree, so it will pretty much be a completely different build. Occulist is fine on a budget though either way; I just don't think that it's worth it (even defensively) if you can afford everything.

If you want to play an Inquisitor without Skyforth though you can always try out the life version of my build. It's still rather strong defensively, it's just not CI.
Last edited by samthedigital on Jun 29, 2016, 6:50:48 AM
i like how you go past duelist and didnt grab the life leech wheel, with it you prob dont need vinktar just saying.
"
69wanted69 wrote:
i like how you go past duelist and didnt grab the life leech wheel, with it you prob dont need vinktar just saying.

With Vessel of Vinktar I don't need to grab those leech passives, and Vessel of Vinktar gives superior leech to those passives. It makes reflect much less problematic, and the mana leech is many times better. It's even better as CI with flask effect nodes. That's not counting the flat lightning damage that the flask gives which gives me 10k dps in my hideout. So in short you could potentially not use the flask, but there is nothing better to replace it with, and you'll lose passives doing it, so it's not worth it.
"
samthedigital wrote:
"
Thaain wrote:

Kiara's Determination works as a replacement for Skyforth too, so you're not only limited to Occulist, but it's difficult to make that work if you want to play an elemental build using Vessel of Vinktar unless you go Pathfinder. If you run a physical build you're going to be both gearing differently and using a different passive tree, so it will pretty much be a completely different build. Occulist is fine on a budget though either way; I just don't think that it's worth it (even defensively) if you can afford everything.

If you want to play an Inquisitor without Skyforth though you can always try out the life version of my build. It's still rather strong defensively, it's just not CI.

Thanks for the reply.

I was looking at it from a similar point - I don't have Skyforth's and don't see myself getting them anytime in the near future, so I figured Occultist could be a budget option.

Is there any reason you chose elemental over a physical build? Would you still run Inquisitor if you decided to make a physical variant?

Either way, it seems to be a well thought out build and I'll be giving it a try.
Last edited by Thaain on Jun 29, 2016, 9:47:52 PM
"
Is there any reason you chose elemental over a physical build? Would you still run Inquisitor if you decided to make a physical variant?

I find that to really make a strong physical build work that compares to this one it requires a Foe Bite or a similarly expensive wand. Even then it's going to end up using auras to make some of the damage elemental anyway, and the higher percentage of elemental damage you deal the better Inquisitor becomes. I would probably play as a Raider or Pathfinder otherwise. Other classes still work well that being said, but I think that even a life based build with Templar compares to other classes as CI because of how strong the one ascendancy node is. I can't exactly confirm this though, I don't have a second Templar to test things out with.

"
Either way, it seems to be a well thought out build and I'll be giving it a try.

Yeah, just note that to get the most out of a non legacy Vessel of Vinktar you're going to want to have the dual leech enchant on your boots. This is especially true if you play as a life based build. It should be easy to reach 100% uptime on CI, but it's going to be a little harder if you don't clear fast with a life based build.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info