Modifier stacking question

Let's say a bow does 100 damage.

Lightning arrow converts 50% to lightning so 50 physical and 50 lightning.

How does increased physical/projectile/bow damage stack compared with increased lightning/elemental damage?

What if you have 30% increased physical damage, and 20% increased lightning damage?

Is it like this: 50*1.3 + 50*1.5? This is where the physical portion gets multiplied by the 30% physical increase, but the lightning portion gets multiplied by the 30% physical AND the 20% lightning increased stacked additively.

Or is it like this: 100*1.3*1.2? Which instead stacks them multiplicatively

My intuition tells me it's the first case because I recall reading dev posts that say all "% increased" modifiers stack additively. But I'm not 100% sure on this. Also it would be much more potent to stack if it were the second case.
Last edited by weldorr on Feb 19, 2013, 2:29:39 PM
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/166527
age and treachery will triumph over youth and skill!
"
geradon wrote:
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/166527

Thanks, but that's not really relevant to what I'm asking.
modify all the physical damage bonuses etc, once done then do the convert and modify the elemental damage. then add thme together
"
Josephoenix wrote:
modify all the physical damage bonuses etc, once done then do the convert and modify the elemental damage. then add thme together

So (100*1.3)*0.5 + (100*1.3)*0.5*1.2
= 65 physical + 78 lightning

Are you positive it's this way?
Last edited by weldorr on Feb 19, 2013, 2:42:35 PM
Thanks for the link josephoenix. I have another question I can't find the answer to (it's not in josephoenix's link either):

I have "adds 3-7 physical damage" on a ring.

When I equip the ring, it adds 4-8 physical damage on to my default attack's tooltip (meaning it's not getting any damage effectiveness mods from skills).

So I can't figure out what mods affect this stat.

I have +12% physical from the cruel oak bandit quest reward. This might affect it.

I'm wielding a weapon that has 127% increased physical damage. So I guess it's obvious this doesn't affect it.

I have 390 strength = 78% increased melee physical damage. Which would make the 3-7 dmg 5-12 dmg so I guess that doesn't affect it either.

I have nothing on my passive tree that would increase it. So I don't really know.
are you wearing a belt that adds to physical damage?
"
Josephoenix wrote:
are you wearing a belt that adds to physical damage?

No, that was the only peice of gear that adds damage. The only other thing I have from gear is strength.
don't have a "positive" answer for you, if the oak bonus is + physical damage (not + physical melee damage), then that's probably it.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info