[2.4] c9q9md's Reverse Knockback Ranged Attack Totems Build! (HC)

Thanks for putting this build up dude! Having an absolute blast playing it.

Getting all your +arrows in place and 80+ knockback chance is actually so hilarious to play with. Never had so much fun in this game

I've been calling this tornado vacuum. My friends love mapping with me as everything comes to them!

76 ESC
Last edited by Jethryn on Oct 10, 2016, 10:26:36 PM
Great, fun build. I have played this until level 91 in Essence Hardcore. Feels safe, some draw backs are that the knockback does not work on all bosses/creatures like Izaro and I don't quite feel as tanky as I'd want to be but playing totems you can be distance safe. On a bright side some bosses become awesomely easy/safe to deal with (Wasteland, Bazzar, etc). The best part is that this build feels very unique.

I have completed some very high tier maps (around tier 14ish with exceptions) but the damage is not quite there to down most bosses fast so you have to do a lot of avoiding mechanics. I would feel afraid to go much higher, though clearing of the maps themselves is no problem.

Tips/Suggestions

Select/Respec into the Slayer ascendancy instead of the Chieftan. I noticed quite a difference with my Totems healing from overkill damage and the Culling Strike comes in handy as well. I wouldn't go back to Chieftan now.

Get the HP/Elemental Resist nodes for your Totems as in higher maps they go down often even with them.

If you have the currency; Vaal Orb the quiver to get +1 additional arrow, it is worth it.

Devoto's Devotion Nightmare Bascinet is a great helmet for the build if you can accept the loss of health. Also Rat's Nest is fun.

I could not decide whether or not getting Iron Reflexes is worth it or not so I went without it.

Scour poe.trade for the helmet enchant of either Increased Tornado Shot Damage or Projectiles (I prefer damage) and make your helmet from that.

Getting the Sovereignty mana reserve nodes later on will allow you to run Hatred, Clarity and Blasphemy + whatever curse you like. An Enlighten gem is icing on that cake.

I got rid of the Knockback nodes on the passive tree after getting a quality Knockback gem. You go down to around 70% chance (depending on Jewels) which isnt that bad and saves you 4 passives to use else where. This may or may not be worth doing so test it out yourself.

Current Gear

Sitting at 6.2k hp with 31% Armour reduction and 24% Evasion is alright but feels within one shot territory at times. Elemental Weakness capped as well.

I use a mixture of Jewels that give me Resists, Increased Physical Damage, Attack Speed, Knockback and Health.

Passive Tree

https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAABAABAAJfA5YFLQagC2ENzQ48EMwUTRRxFHUWbxcvGJEY2xo4HM4hYCSqJy8qEytQLIUspzGeMn41kjbpOlI64TsoPC1AoEQlRJ5Gt0rESshN41O7VdZY5VnzWhpaK1pSXhNgQ2DeYVJkhGTnZlRmnmhYaGVo8m49bqpyD3KpdO108XaseGl673sge257w3zZgKSCB4MJg1-DzIZghweJ2IxGkFWUb5chm12iAKPypAykwqZXpq-omqi7rKqvbK-ntfK3PryfvoDBfMMTxPbGrs9-02_Xlti92XzjauoY707wH_JB8kXyl_Pd9q73MviT-Ov5vfrS_Ev-Cv5U_of-jw==?accountName=game_master&characterName=kcabkconKesreveR

Last edited by game_master on Oct 13, 2016, 2:13:19 PM
Loving the build atm, i just want to know if this can be further improved with a Lioneye's fall, there's some jewel slots that can be used to convert into bow nodes and boost the damage of the build.
Just wanted to say thank you for this build. I am currently essence league level 86 with this and very happy with it. As an avid solo totem poler I found this to be a solid character. Kudos.
Ancestral Bond: you cant deal damage with your skills by yourself — does that mean we should deal the damage by autoattacks only?
"
Ancestral Bond: you cant deal damage with your skills by yourself — does that mean we should deal the damage by autoattacks only?

no it just means you let the totems do the work for you.
Is this build and talent tree still viable for 2.5 breach?
Running this build for 3 days in Breach now and just loving it. I'm 70 and just started mapping and its a lot of fun. This build might not be the strongest or fastest one but its by far the most fun I played so far. I did some little changes, mostly due lack of currency or just testing it out. I chose the aura nodes and running Clarity on Blood Magic with lvl 12. It does cost me around 300 HP but thats ok IMO. Additionaly I run Herald of Ash, Haste and Arctic Armor with Enlighten. Curse I have on the Frenzy/GMP setup with CoH. I don't like it with BLasphemy because I like to stay far away :)

Here is my setup and gear. I like the Helemt alot for the survivability, but I might have to change it in Higher maps to get more Chaos Resi. Atm Ele Resis capped and Chaos -23% :/

www.poeurl.com/YjG
Last edited by Gambit79 on Dec 31, 2016, 1:13:11 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info