Slayer Brutal Fervour - Vaal Pact + bleed immunity broken (2.3.1)

Hey there...

Alright, i'll try to be as straightforward as possible.
Since 2.3.1, the Brutal Fervour Slayer passive doesn't work as it used to.
More specifically, the interaction between the bleed immunity & bleed charges that you gain from Bloodline/Nemesis mobs.
Before 2.3.1, you were immune to bleeding, and being in a leeching state prevented the bleed charges from being applied as well.
That's not the case anymore.
I don't know if that was intended, but since i saw nothing about that in 2.3.1 changes log, i was more thinking of a bug caused by something else.

Good luck investigating and keep up the good work guyz =]
PLEASE QUOTE ME IF YOU ARE EXPECTING A REPLY
Last edited by xhul on Jun 27, 2016, 12:17:03 PM
Last bumped on Jun 28, 2016, 3:55:29 PM
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
I think if you have vaal pact, the leech effects no longer work because leech is not applied over time. Did you have vaal pact prior to experiencing these changes as well?
Biyte is spot-on. Due to Vaal Pact, there is never a moment where you "are Leeching"; it's instantaneous now. The whole idea behind Brutal Fervour is that you can roll without Vaal Pact and get ~40% effective Life Regen.
Last edited by Vipermagi on Jun 24, 2016, 5:54:22 AM
Well, if i created this thread, it's because i didn't get any bleed charge, until recently.
When 2.3.0 came out, i was very curious to see if the bleed degen would stop applying its damage during constant attack, but also if it would remove or prevent the bleed charges from applying.
It appeared it did all of them, with Vaal Pact aswell.
As far as mechanics are concerned, the "while leeching" flag actually applies to VP when you are hitting something that is not leech immune (you can see your DPS actually increase if you have the "Hematophagy" passive, for example).
Anyway, something changed, for sure, cause i'm getting some bleed charges again.
Last edited by xhul on Jun 24, 2016, 11:18:21 AM
I also have vaal pact and hematography (I am necromancer though so no brutal fervor) and I tested myself too just now, the tooltip does indeed show increased damage for split seconds while attacking as you have stated.

My guess is... Possibly this is some limitation (acquiring 'while leeching' state despite having vaal pact) we don't know about, but possibly they decided that with vaal pact it was not intended for us to be able to remove bleed/corrupting blood stacks by becoming 'immune' for the split second (acquiring 'while leeching' state) and had changed it accordingly. I can only guess though.
If that was intended, i would be fine with it, i guess.
The thing is, Vaal Pact was 100% compatible with Brutal Fervour bleed immunity since 2.3.0, and the fact that it suddenly stopped working without any patch note about it really makes me think of some side effect caused by another change.
bump
"
Vipermagi wrote:
Biyte is spot-on. Due to Vaal Pact, there is never a moment where you "are Leeching"; it's instantaneous now. The whole idea behind Brutal Fervour is that you can roll without Vaal Pact and get ~40% effective Life Regen.
This is correct. Vaal pact (and other instant leech) never applies a life leech effect (which grants "while leeching", it directly modifiers life. This has not changed.

"
xhul wrote:
As far as mechanics are concerned, the "while leeching" flag actually applies to VP when you are hitting something that is not leech immune
This is not the case, and never has been.

"
biyte wrote:
I also have vaal pact and hematography (I am necromancer though so no brutal fervor) and I tested myself too just now, the tooltip does indeed show increased damage for split seconds while attacking as you have stated.
This sounds like you might have a small amount of mana leech. Vaal Pact only makes Life Leech instant, so if you have a small amount of mana leech, you will leech that over time, and thus will have "while leeching" effects active while leeching mana. If the mana leech is small, this will be a very brief period, such as you describe here.
Can either of you confirm if you have/had a small amount of mana leech that's activating "while leeching" effects for very short times?
Thx for the input, Chris, much appreciated.

"
Mark_GGG wrote:
"
xhul wrote:
As far as mechanics are concerned, the "while leeching" flag actually applies to VP when you are hitting something that is not leech immune
This is not the case, and never has been.

Mana leech, of course, my bad.
I was pretty sure Hematophagy was only associated with life leech, considering the nature of the passive wheel.

"
Mark_GGG wrote:
Can either of you confirm if you have/had a small amount of mana leech that's activating "while leeching" effects for very short times?

I actually had 0.4% mana leech when i tested that, with around 15K hit damage.
But you know what, i'll test without mana leech at all and let you know ASAP.

EDIT :

Back from a fresh test.
With Vaal Pact and no mana leech at all, i don't see any DPS increase, so you were totally right about mana leech.

Anyway, one thing for sure is that from 2.3.0 to 2.3.1, i've been totally immune to bleed charges against Nemesis mobs.
So that's still strange if you ask me, because my character didn't change before and after (same damage per hit, same attacks per second, same mana leech).
I'm ready to perform more tests, but i'd like to know a few things about how the bleed immunity is supposed to interact with bleed charges :
1) If a leech instance starts, does that remove currently stacked charges i have ? All of them ?
2) If i'm already in a leeching state, does that prevent new bleed charges from being added ?
Thanks in advance =]
Last edited by xhul on Jun 28, 2016, 4:18:59 AM
"
Raye wrote:
xhul, from the wording of the skill, it pretty clearly sounds as though it would prevent bleed damage while leeching, not remove any sources of bleed (debuffs). Immune to bleeding is not the same as immune to debuffs causing bleeding, is it?
For example, immunity to fire damage would of course not stop ignites, it would simply make them do 0 damage.

Sounds like there was some sort of bug before, or something.

I mean, with the staunching flask, if you have the flask up, you cant even get any bleeding-debuffs. And it has the exact same wording. I would assume that brutal fervor doesn't remove bleed already on someone though.
IGN: TsuruyaNyro
Last edited by Suzumiyaharuhi on Jun 28, 2016, 8:36:49 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info