[2.3] PAJAMAMONSTER's PSC Bladefall Mines Pathfinder for Farming Uber Lab/Atziri/Vinktar/Voll

POST 2.3 EDIT: After the BF Mines nerf, I would suggest using a different skill, such as Vortex/BV/Firestorm/Fire Nova Mines/ED/etc. BF mines can easily miss Izaro now if you're not careful, since they no longer fall directly on top of him. This makes it somewhat less reliable than before. Other than that, the build is still viable.

I'll start this thread by saying DO NOT COPY THIS EXACT BUILD FOR HC. It is EXTREMELY squishy and you will get destroyed by pretty much everything if you get hit through your evasion. If you want to use this build in an HC league, then there's around 20-30 evasion/movement speed passives that you should definitely drop in order to either go CI and grab es nodes or stay life-based and grab life nodes. If you stay life-based in this case, you only lose around 100% movement speed (should still be around 400%-450% with everything up). If you go CI, you'll have around 270-300% movement speed (assuming you use an ES chest), but you'll have a much larger EHP pool.

Information about what this build is used for

1. Uber Lab - My main goal when making this build was to get Rank 1 on the Merciless Labyrinth Ladder soon after it first came out. Skip forward to today, and I've slightly modified the build to farm uber lab fairly reliably in PSC.

2. Atziri - Although it wasn't originally intended, this build can actually farm Atziri as well. It's best to skip past the trash when doing so, however. It can also farm Uber Atziri, but it can be extremely rough to run past or kill the trash. If you'd like to farm Uber Atziri with this build, I would basically do the same thing as I said before for changing this build to be able to survive in HC.

3. Vinktar - This wasn't really intended, either, but this build works surprisingly well for farming Vinktar on a budget. As long as you keep moving and don't let the lightning beams/sparks on the floor hit you for too long, it's pretty easy to survive.

4. Voll - This build can easily do Voll runs in 15-25 seconds, so it's great for farming Brittle Emperors.

5. Other Stuff - The 4 previous points are pretty much the only things that I use this build for, but this build can be used in other ways as well. This build is basically great at running fast and killing bosses, but that's about it. The main point of this section is to make it fairly clear that this build was NOT made for mapping and leveling up. I would strongly suggest doing another build, or changing this build to have more life/es while leveling up to 85+.

Stats

Gear

Explanation of Gear:

Obviously, I can't use everything I posted above all at the same time, but I do use (or consider using) all of those items. Anyways, I'll list out the items that I usually use for farming Izaro and explain why I use them. I use a slightly different setup for speedrunning, and the items above that aren't listed below are basically some of the items I use for speedrunning.

Queen of the Forest is pretty much a no-brainer. Right now, I go from 350% movement speed to 668% movement speed (fully buffed/potted) when I put QotF on. That's 318% movement speed alone, which is more than most builds get when fully buffed/potted.

I swap to this +1 tabula during Izaro fights for crazy high damage. Technically, I could use a +1 6L Queen of the Forest to achieve the same thing, but it's much cheaper to just swap to a +1 tabula when I need it. For a quick comparison, the cheapest +1 Tabula is about 60c atm, whereas the cheapest +1 QotF (not even 6L) is 4ex, and it only has a 312% evasion roll (380% is the max). So yea, it's pretty obviously worth spending a few seconds to swap to the tabula when you need the dps rather than spending a shitload of currency so that you can be slightly more lazy.

Devoto's Devotion is also pretty much a no-brainer. It gives me about 38% movement speed in total, due to QotF. The only downside is the 10% reduced physical damage, but that's not really a huge deal. The chaos res also helps a lot when you're on low life, which is nice.

Side note about the enchant: There's a bunch of enchants that you can use besides Phase Run duration. Bladefall radius/damage/crit, Grace mana reservation reduction, and Stone Golem Effect are all great enchants.

When fully buffed, I get 54% movement speed from my boots. The evasion, 30% movement speed, 10% movement speed when you haven't been hit recently, and spell dodge make Atziri's Step a pretty solid choice. The only thing better would be Seven-League Step, but I'm not even sure if it's possible to get that in PSC through Jack in the Box or other means of getting league-specific uniques.

High evasion gloves to get about 16% MS. That's pretty much all these gloves are for. Preferably, you'd want to get a pair of gloves with +1 to gems with RRGB to put Grace-Stone Golem-Empower-Enlighten into. Glove enchants do pretty much nothing for this build (except "of Reflection", but you have to get hit for it to proc), so it's worth trying to get a +1 pair.

I listed all three of these because it's pretty much preference as to which you use. The Gryphon is nice for the extra 15% movement speed whenever you get stuck and have to kill something. Allure is great if you're good at keeping phase run up. Ichimonji is a bit low on movement speed until you have a lvl 21 Grace linked to a lvl 3+ empower in a +1 to lvl of socketed gems item. Before then, it's good to use if you need a bit more mana for mines.

Another no-brainer. This shield gives me 46% movement speed. The resists are a nice bonus, but if you have enough resists and have an open suffix, then you can bench on dexterity to gain a bit more movement speed.

I listed the lori's here because even without being lowlife, they give you up to 20% all res and light radius, which can help you to see quite a bit more in darker areas like the sanitorium rooms in the labyrinth. The ming's are purely for a huge dps boost when fighting Izaro. Other than those, you can use pretty much any ring you want for more res/dps/evasion or whatever it is that you need.

I really, REALLY would like to get Ascent from Flesh working in this build, but I need the strength on my belt and Reduced Flask Charges Used + Increased Flask Effect Duration are two mods that are waaaaaay to good for me to give up. Preferably, I would use a Rustic Sash instead of a Chain Belt for the base of my belt, but It's pretty hard to find a belt with those two flasks mods with strength and an open prefix to bench on movement speed.

Warped Timepiece would be 2% more movement speed, but it has reduced skill effect duration (reduces Phase Run duration and poison duration) and it doesn't have strength (which is heavily needed to use a high lvl Increased Duration gem). I found it worth giving up 2% movement speed for that, but if you think that 2% movement speed is better, then by all means go for it.

Gems

The gems here are all listed in order of priority.

1. In Queen of the Forest > Bladefall - Remote Mine - Minefield - Trap and Mine Damage - Controlled Destruction - Increased AOE/Conc. Effect (last link is preference and not really needed)

2. In Tabula > Bladefall - Remote Mine - Conc. Effect - Trap and Mine Damage - Controlled Destruction - Void Manipulation/lvl 3 Empower (if +1 tabula)

3. Phase Run - Increased Duration - Enhance - Faster Casting

4. Grace - Stone Golem - Enlighten - lvl 3 Empower (If you use Empower, you need Ichimonji and lvl 3 enlighten to not run into mana issues unless you turn off Blasphemy-Temp Chains)

5. Discipline - Blood Magic (keep low enough lvl to keep mana reservation > 65% in order to go lowlife)

6. Flame Dash/Lightning Warp - Faster Casting - Culling Strike (with quality, for more cast speed)

7. Vulnerability - Spell Totem (Put this in one of your off-hand redbeaks and use it for boss fights to help tank for you. You have to turn off TC-Blasphemy to make this curse if you don't get an additional curse from somewhere, but it's not really necessary. You can also just use a Rejuvenation Totem, Decoy Totem, or something along those lines to help tank the boss.)

8. (OPTIONAL) Temporal Chains - Blasphemy (this helps you to stay alive if you find yourself running into trouble with mobs killing you often)

9. (OPTIONAL) Haste (I use this for a little bit of extra movement speed when speed running, and I turn it off during Izaro fights because I have almost all my mana reserved when it is on. I wouldn't recommend doing this unless you're trying to get rank 1 on the lab ladder.)

Strategy

Run fast.

For uber lab, there's a couple of key things that I do in order to make the run as smooth as I can make it:

1. Phase Run is a HUGE part of this. You want to keep this up as much as you can and for as long as you can. Monsters pretty much don't notice you at all when you have phase run up with Temp Chains-Blasphemy, and if they do notice you, they attack extremely slowly due to the Temp Chains, so you have plenty of time to run away.

2. Only turn on Discpline-Blood Magic for fighting Izaro. Inbetween Izaro fights, it can be very sketchy to survive if you're on low life. I tried pretty hard to make it viable to use low life in uber lab while farming it, so that I could use 2x Lori's Lanterns and Ondar's Clasp for 36% extra movement speed, but it was waaayyyy too sketchy to survive. I died in about 3/4 of my runs when I tried using that setup. After changing my strategy to be life-based inbetween Izaro fights, I now die in about 1/10 of my runs, which isn't too terrible considering that I only have about 1650 life while running around in a lvl 75 zone and killing one of the hardest bosses in the game. Having said all of that, I've recently changed my strategy up a bit to stay on low life while going for rank 1 on the ladder. This is because the person I'm competing against on PSC for rank 1 on the uber lab ladder has been getting times within a few seconds of me. Basically, for general farming I still do the switch to non-lowlife between Izaro fights, but for competing I stay lowlife and use Ondar's Clasp/2x Lori's.

3. When fighting Izaro, change out your QotF for tabula and swap to redbeaks, and for the final Izaro fight, change out your non-ming's ring to a ming's as well. This increases your dps by a LOT and makes it completely worth doing. Izaro will pretty much one-shot you no matter what you do, so having any extra defense from QotF or your rings doesn't matter.

4. If you let the Essences live for the extra key, kill them ASAP in future fights. This build has super high evasion, so it does fine against attacks, but the only real protection it has against spells is the spell dodge from Atziri's Step and your resistances. If you let the essences live for the extra key, setup 1-2 mines near their spawn in the next Izaro fight(s). You'll have slightly less damage on Izaro, but at least you won't be dead. I have approximately 37.7k average damage on my tooltip with my damage setup, and I can usually kill Izaro with 2-3 mines + their poison, so it isn't too much of a problem to spend 2 out of the 7 initial mines on killing those essences.

VIDEOS:
A (fairly bad) speedrun through Uber Lab: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dOz88Txf0xA
Last edited by PAJAMAMONSTER on Jan 16, 2017, 7:13:40 PM
Last bumped on Mar 15, 2017, 7:55:27 PM
What a monster of a build PJ, hope to play with you again someday! If you ever want to push the ladder, just hit me up!
Nice build im wondering would something like this work for ci
Spoiler
http://cb.poedb.tw/us/passive-skill-tree/AAAABAIDAQG8A-4HHg0fDXwOSA5cDo4RLxFQEZYRwhXXGDwYVhmKGyUbyB2qHb4i9CNfJJ0o-isKLL8tqDOHNbk8KD1fQYdEDUV-RnFJUUmxS65Ms05tUlNWY1fJXfJfsGJaavpsCGwLbRlvnnBRcLt2b3aCfrB_xoLHgwmExYaukyeVLpcGl5WX9JuNm7WcMpy-ndmgQ6EvpcSnK7GQtAy1SLd1vSe-gL6KwcXDOsSiyAzI8MpKytPOqM_d0B_TftfP2FTZW9vn35jhiOOE6QLquutj7BjuFe9674jv6_DV8Yr5N_no_kk=

get about 220% es on tree, im guessing i would strengthen buffs with ichimonji, its not really a build style im experienced with and it may be better to go life. i dont think i could move much over 200 ms without disconnecting. Just looking for something fast to farm offerings in standard.
Last edited by Fhark on Jun 23, 2016, 3:41:06 AM
+1 for a GG build
Well Played! Could you make a video of uber lab? Shouldnt take long lol.
Git R Dun!
The hero that we deserve.
Fake Temp League Elitists LUL
I made a ci version works well, im guessng i would get to about 250 ms with phase run up, not using some of the ms items. since mines in standard its got some gg items but it could easily be made on a budget with eye of chayula and doedres damning (and a bit more mana reserve on tree). I have double curse and discipline, 10000es. About 10000 ttdps which is enough to one shot izaro in final form buffed.

Tree

Items
Spoiler
Last edited by Fhark on Jun 24, 2016, 3:11:15 PM
Just added a video of an Uber Lab run at the end of the first post.

Getting dumped on by fire nova totems in uber lab. Alot.
Seems like an insane build but how does it really get to the endgame? Do you level as a normal Ranger and then regret all your points? Seems like getting up to 80+ seems really hard with alot of dying.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info