[2.3] CoCicle VorCade 7-Link, 100% KnockBack, 100% Crit, Millions of DPS! (With Videos)

NOTE: You don't have to copy the gear exactly as I have it, balance your build based on what you have available (jewels, items, nodes...etc). If you don't have Shavronne's then you can go CI and use any unique/rare ES based armor (keep in mind that the pain attunement node will not work with CI).

Videos:
Atziri Deletion

Normal Atziri for now. When I get a Mortal Hope, I will do an Uber run and post the video.

My Twitch Stream: Twitch

Class Tree:
Shadow Assassin

How it works:
I use Whispering Ice (7-linked) with a cast on crit setup to cast Vortex, Glacial Cascade, and Ice Storm. The build is setup in such a way to have 100% crit chance with cyclone and all the spells. The Poacher's Mark curse is used to reduce (LESS) the evasion of any enemy by 50%. For the six-link setup in the Whispering Staff we have Cyclone - CastOnCrit - elemental focus - Vortex - Glacial Cascade - Concentrated effect (or Area Of Effect for mapping). One of the main reasons why I'm using The Whispering Ice Staff is because it's really cheap (even 6-linked) and it gives +1 to all support gems. We also have 100% knock-back with cyclone due to the Blunt Trauma node.

Bandits:
Kill All - 8% Attack speed - +1 Power Charge

Auras:
Discipline (low life)
Herald of Ice (more damage)

Curses:
Poacher's Mark (enemies have 50% LESS evasion)
Assassin's Mark (cap crit + more damage with crits)
Warlord's Mark (leech)

Gear:
For the gear, try to aim for about 1600 accuracy rating with gear. Shavrone's Wrapping is required along with the Skyforth Boots, and obviously the Whispering Ice staff. My gear isn't perfect, I still need to get some DEX on my gear/jewels so that I can get more ES nodes to reach 7-8k ES. The empty sockets that you see in the gear below are there for you to put in whatever you want based on your playstyle (i.e. golems, Vaal Skills...etc).

Jewels:
To be optimal, it's best to focus on attack speed.

Primary Stats:
Increased attack speed with two handed melee weapons
Increased attack speed with Staves
Increased attack speed
Increased Accuracy
Crit Multi
Resistances (if needed)
Attributes dex/str (if needed)

Flasks:
Using Atziri's Promise flask along with Taste of hate to boost the damage. The rest of the flasks are up your preference.

Special Thanks to:
Prysmic (for being Devil's Advocate)

Twitch Stream:
www.twitch.tv/mindscoped
Last edited by unchainedlive on Jun 21, 2016, 1:03:46 AM
Last bumped on Aug 25, 2016, 2:25:23 AM
Curious to try this with a Carcass Jack/Life-based setup.. Currently runnin dual wand self-cast vortex as an Elementalist Witch. Thinking of buyin one of these staffs to give it a whirl. Thoughts?

Also, would Pyre ring nerf or boost this build at all?
Last edited by Xercyst on Jun 21, 2016, 11:53:28 AM
nice build kappa
"
Xercyst wrote:
Curious to try this with a Carcass Jack/Life-based setup.. Currently runnin dual wand self-cast vortex as an Elementalist Witch. Thinking of buyin one of these staffs to give it a whirl. Thoughts?

Also, would Pyre ring nerf or boost this build at all?

If you can't go low life, then I'd recommend going CI until you can go low life. The rings that I use are crit based (with resistances and accuracy) the crit is needed to max the crit chance out. I really don't see any advantages in using a pyre ring for this build. You can still run the build with less crit chance, especially if you use a lucky flask. It's really up to you and what you have available in terms of items/gear.
Twitch Stream:
www.twitch.tv/mindscoped
Last edited by unchainedlive on Jun 22, 2016, 8:40:13 PM
looks good and funny would it be possible to use ee, i guess it might proc a bit funny with the ice storms and vortex that being said if u used a fire spell and or lightning in the 6l it might work.
"
Fhark wrote:
looks good and funny would it be possible to use ee, i guess it might proc a bit funny with the ice storms and vortex that being said if u used a fire spell and or lightning in the 6l it might work.

I thought about it, but it wouldn't work. All the spells that I use are cold damage spells. The Ice Storm will actually proc EE most of the time and it will give the enemies more cold resistance which is not what we want. EE is triggered on a hit by hit basis, Ice Storm hits a lot of times in a short period of time.
Twitch Stream:
www.twitch.tv/mindscoped
Last edited by unchainedlive on Jun 24, 2016, 4:58:42 AM
My thought was you would prob use pyre the ground affects from ice storm trigger ee. Anyway prob not worth it.
Last edited by Fhark on Jun 25, 2016, 1:27:56 AM
"
Fhark wrote:
My thought was you would prob use pyre the ground affects from ice storm trigger ee. Anyway prob not worth it.

It still wouldn't work. Elemental Equilibrium can only be triggered with on-hit elemental damage. Chilled ground is not an on-hit effect, it causes a chill status ailment on the enemies who walk over the targeted area.
Twitch Stream:
www.twitch.tv/mindscoped
Im trying a trickster version of this build, seems awesome buddy!

Just one question;

The Whispering Ice needs to be 6L?
Last edited by Nawul on Jun 30, 2016, 9:25:23 PM
"
Midas_ wrote:
Im trying a trickster version of this build, seems awesome buddy!

Just one question;

The Whispering Ice needs to be 6L?

It doesn't have to be 6-L but for optimal performance it is best to have it 6-L. If you only have a 5-L then I recommend dropping elemental focus.
Twitch Stream:
www.twitch.tv/mindscoped

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info