US-PRFC 1v1 Open

This thread is for discussion of this PvP Rating ladder. Note that the ratings are reset each PvP season.

Ratings now degrade. Degradation is applied daily, and is based on the certainty of a character's rating.

To enter this ladder, connect to an American gateway and press "B" to bring up the Events/PvP panel.
Last edited by Bex_GGG on Sep 4, 2016, 9:23:42 PM
Last bumped on Aug 23, 2016, 5:33:36 AM

I just found out this thread was a thing, this makes me happy!. Firstly, a question. What determines the certainty of a rating, and how much is the max/minimum degradation of rating?

I really like pvp in this game, it has a wide diversity in builds and each build seems to be strong/weak against other builds.

I've been playing a Non-crit Ci-Regen inquisitor and have been doing very well against the opponents I face. Even in the top 10 this league there is a very wide diversity of builds. Some counter others, some get countered by others, and some are genuine skill-matchups. Here's a list of some of the strongest builds I've faced and how I view them in 1v1 pvp.

I have noticed that while gear is obviously a large factor, builds and play-style are generally more important in deciding the victor. Gear switches however can be very important, particularly gem setups (but few players seem to utilize that this early in the league)

frost bolt + vortex is very difficult for me as i have lower mobility compared to many other pvpers, and it still shreds my high defenses. It has phenomenal reach and aoe and can nearly fill the screen. seems very strong vs max block and immobile builds.

Max block CI SRS necromancer has proved next to impossible for me to defeat, but might be manageable with a reduced block gem. I can however stalemate the match due to the nature of the Firenovamine vs SRS matchup.

The most awesome build I have faced was the Tornado shot trapper. By using cluster traps, tornado shot, sunblast belt, and presumably reach of the council, the entire screen is filled with arrows. Its quite fun and I could see many builds having a problem with it due to its reach and burst potential.

bladefall miners(which are quite popular) is a very skill-based matchup. I have the ability to be able to survive their damage to the point of being very, very difficult to kill without a missplay on my end, and they have the benefit of longer reach, which means they can effectively kite me so long as they don't misplay. Gear can definitely potentially push this match-up to 1 side of the other, but I think ultimately it would be a drawn match-up.

Hopefully others will post here and share their experiences in pvp.

Last edited by jstiller30 on Jun 25, 2016, 8:42:26 PM
I currently have 2 characters in the top 20.
I wish there were rewards for pvp ._.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info