[2.3] The Fake Fakener (Hierophant crit Mjolner build)

Hi all,

I just want to share my own crit mjolner hierophant build, which uses the insane synergy between the Mind of the Council, the Mjölner, the Hierophant ascendancy class and MOM.

This build is born because I wanted to use Conviction of Power on a discharger. This is a very fun build for whoever wants to try a hierophant hipster build.

The character is only level 83 but it works great and i can do T11 maps without any problem. The only mod I cant run is ele reflect.

How the build works :
Spoiler

The main defense mechanic of the build is a 40% MOM (30% from the keystone + 10% from the hierophant). But how do we sustain the insane mana cost of a 40% MOM ?
The answer is :

The main mod here is whenever we shock an enemy, we recover a lot of mana. 3% seems a bit meh BUT we shock a lot because we are a crit build using a mjolner. It gives a high cast speed of discharge and arc which shock on every crit.
Moreover, the Mind of Council solves the reflect problem, since we have now 70% MOM on lightning damage (basically we are immune to lightning damage AS LONG AS we have mana).

It also means that you have to play with no mana reserved... pretty hard drawback isnt it ?
But dont forget this jewel :

It gives us a lot of damage to counterbalance the fact that we have no offensive auras.

With this combo we now mitigate 40% of the incoming damage and we solve the reflect problem.
Defensive stats :
Spoiler

What about the offensive stats ?
We are using a crit mjolner build. These two items are mandatory :

Be careful : The arc gem has to be after the discharge so it wont consume the power charges if it crits.
For whoever think a non-RT mjolner cant work here's my accuracy on cyclone (without ice golem):

But dont forget we are a hierophant, therefore we can take the
Conviction of Power
node. It gives us 25% chance to generate an endurance charge when we gain a power charge. The romira's gives us power charges which give us endurance charges. I actually play with 5 power charges and and 3 endurance charges. An average discharge detonates with 5 power and 3 endurance charges so you can take more charges from tree if you want. The charge generation on this build is extremly complicated since we lose all power charges on a critical strike (including the arc and the cyclone) and since a non-crit discharge doesnt consume the charges (i assume it s because of the romira effect).
I dont understand why but the damage is great !
Be careful : Please avoid taking global crit because it increases the chances to crit of the cyclone and a discharge triggered by a crit attack wont discharge any power charge because of the romira's !

Solo target tips :
Spoiler

helps us to leech BOTH mana and life against solo target.

We also use a
combo to one shot most of the bosses.

Tree :
Spoiler

We start from the templar. We take spell crit, life and aoe (because it affects both cyclone and discarge radius). We take attack speed from the shadow start.
The keystone are MOM (of course) and Vaal Pact
Tree
This is a lvl 92 tree.

Bandit : Oak normal, Kraityn cruel and Alira merciless

The ascendancy :
First take Illuminated devotion and for leveling.
Then take conviction of power when you switch to mjolner.
Finally Sanctuary of Thought if you want (and if you survive the uberlab :D )

Gear :
Spoiler

As you can see, there is no 5L or 6L required since cyclone is in the glove link because of the Illuminated Devotion nodes of the hierophant, which gives 20% inc aoe.
Vaal spark can be in the helmet (20% penetration) or in the boots (2% life leech), up to you.
Be careful because Mjolner requires a looooot of attributes.
Flasks :

A mana flask is required, cause if there is no weak monsters near the boss and you dont have enough damage to shock the boss, you will run out of mana.
Grounding flask is also required cause you have 20% chance to be shocked and the vinktar also shocks you.
We use the ice golem cause it gives accuracy and crit.

Additional items :
Spoiler

would be sick to use : you can drop vaal pact and the life leech gem in the mjolner and replace it by inc/conc effect. I just dont mangae to have enough strength and intel with this many unique item on.

You can get more spell crit using voidbringer or facebreaker gloves.

You can use a
if you want to have Wrath or Determination. But it means both your ring slots dont have life...

This was my first build guide. Pls be kind.
Looking forward reading your feedbacks ;)
Last edited by supermax38 on Jun 19, 2016, 6:05:25 PM
Last bumped on Jul 1, 2016, 8:09:04 AM
Hi, i was considering respecing to this build. how do you handle single targets? do you have any video?
No dont have any video, i handle single target witht the vaal spark vaal glacial hammer vessel of vinktar combo. If the boss is rly hard and you lose all your mana, just run around the time the mana refills

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info