[2.3] Chaos Splash Slayer - Crit Viper Strike Slayer

Hi, Jimmy here. Wanted to show off my new build! The good old viper strike with melee splash, now without the melee splash support gem! :)

So we're obviously going Slayer and taking the Impact node as the core of the build, Bane of Legends, Headsman and as the fourth node we would take Overwhelm, for higher survivability as we will stun (and we won't have Overkill damage with Viper strike itself to maintain our regen with Endless Hunger)

For now, I think that the BIS weapons are Bino's in the main hand, and in the offhand Breath of the Council, as they both increase the damage of the build.

(notice we're just going for the chaos and area mods here, we don't need high dps in the scepter as viper strike won't use it)

Bino's in high maps will grant even more survivability than just with its regen, as we will be able to use Abyssal Cry to clear whole rooms just killing one mob (yeah, it freezes the screen, w/e)

Final Skilltree

Stats:

Spoiler
Defence:

Viper Strike unbuffed:

Viper Strike buffed:

Gem setup:

Spoiler
Viper Strike:

Abyssal Cry:

Movement skill:

Curses (yeah, we're using Doedre's Damning):

My flasks of choice

Spoiler

Crit ?

Spoiler
Yeah, we will use crit as much as we can, (tho it's not necessary), as it will increase A LOT our poison damage.

VODs???

Spoiler
Well, I stream, so you can check my stream or just its VODs :)
https://www.twitch.tv/jamesworthh
There's a lot of T8 runs here: https://www.twitch.tv/jamesworthh/v/72269082

Last edited by JamesWorth on Jun 15, 2016, 5:58:29 PM
Last bumped on Jan 17, 2017, 5:20:11 PM
Hi,

Just a few questions. Does the breath of the council increases the poison duration? Are you using the threshold jewel for viper strike? Have you considered voidheart ring?

Cheers
"
UltimateUpk wrote:
Hi,

Just a few questions. Does the breath of the council increases the poison duration? Are you using the threshold jewel for viper strike? Have you considered voidheart ring?

Cheers

I haven't checked if BotC increases the poison duration, but it should, and no, I'm not using the threshold jewel, just Intuitive Leap over the ranger area.

I don't think voidheart would be of any use, because we already poison, and we don't deal that much damage for the bleeding part.

Sorry for the late response!
Last edited by JamesWorth on Aug 23, 2016, 5:36:03 PM
Is it tanky enough to play on HC. Not saying I would do tier 14+ map, just the usual tier 10 to farm
why arent you using added chaos damage? instead of rapid decay, why not use added chaos?
itll make the poison bigger, and then you actually have some chaos damage that void manipulation can scale
plus double dipping

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info