WIP 2.3 [champion] reach of the council TS poison tank

concept: point blank(if you dont like point blank go for winds of change gloves) noncrit poison tornado shot to get the most out of reachs penalty free gmp, for the purpose of poison tornado shot reach equals a roughy 900pdps bow!(360*1.4/(0.75*0.75)=896dps)

7k hp, 58% dodge, fortify+evasion
roughly 3-7mm single target dps with kaomif my estimates are correct, ~3m being baseline(with my gear), it should be close to twice more with cospris, ill get accurate calculations out in a few days

gear(budget minimum 4ex):
required:

to do decent dps a reach+5l(possibly rare chest) is enough, a 6l is still a ~38% dps upgrade though. since were going noncrit some projectile nodes is all we really need leaving us a lot of life in the skill tree, similar we dont need anything other than life, resist, phys damage, accuracy and stats on gear. body armour slot is up to personal preference i suppose, but i strongly lean towards kaoms heart(or a belly on a lower budget) for defense and cospris will if you want to maximize damage

my gear:
Spoiler

upgrade priority:
Spoiler
i think the most efficient upgrades in terms of price/effect past the bare minimum is a +2 projectile helmet followed by kaoms/cospris followed by +1frenzy boots/+1 arrow drillneck, for rings amulets gloves and belt grab a mix of flat physical, stats, accuracy, resists, life. for jewels themselves go for life>proj damage/inc damage>phys damage with bows>rest

flasks: nothing too fancy, a life flask, a quicksilver, basalt, atziris promise and jade flask probably. could also use a flask that lets us generate charges before fighting bosses, i dont know what its called though xD

gems:
Spoiler

6l: tornado shot+poison+pierce+physical projectile attack damage+slower projectiles+void manip(exchange void manip+phys projectile for trap+trap damage on atziri mirror)
misc: inc duration+immortal call+cast when damage taken, haste, blood rage, vaal lightning trap, summon flame golem, frenzy, blink arrow, vulnerability+blasphemy

tree(level 90, oak, kill, krait):
https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAABAQDAABeAO4DHgUtBbUILgzyES8UdRUgFr8Zjh9BIuIj9iaVKk0qWyyULOkuUzBxMHw1kjY9N9Q6QjrhPs8_J0MxQzZHfkfiSshLeEz_TZJN404qUUdS7FVLWW1aGlpSW69fOV-YYeJiF2KsZU1qjGvUbIxuqnTtdct2gnn2e8N71H11hJSGs4lxivCNfY1-jb-QCpstnaqi2aOKpDmkwqXLpleomqrNsKuw2LTFtNG1SLXyt7a9Nr3mvqfC7MMzxILIDMgUyNzPMtNv037UI9i92sHdDd2o6mLrY-xc7T_tg-4O73ryRfVv9qP-Cv6P_ro=

faq(i would guess):
Spoiler

Why tornado shot?: it allows us to use kaoms and other skills would not be able to utilize reach's free gmp very well, also need to pick a pure physical ability in order to scale poison
why poison?: it does not require as much investment in gear and the skill tree to scale compared to crit and reach has low base crit, i had played crit before respeccing to this and really missed the health i could get from helmet+gloves. also the skill effect duration nodes near the scion life wheel are extremely good for scaling poison and they were just a free grab on the way to the scion life wheel
why not fatal toxins?: its 70% increased poison damage for 3 nodes, thats 23.3% each node and seems just a bit worse than the average of the 5 shadow damage nodes. the difference seems to be seriously tiny though, the deadly draw cluster is in a similar position, i respecced out of it because i didnt want to rely on attack speed so for dps so i could do decent with ts traps on uber atziri too.
why point blank?: we are tanky, we dont have knockback since noncrit, tornado shots targetting gets better if you shoot close to yourself and blasphemy has a short range, if youre going to be melee anyway why not add point blank, if youre into killing tough bosses that is. i figure for map clearspeed in general winds of change without point blank would probably do better.
why champion?: you can do others as well, i started champion and i believe with the amount of global inc damage, intimidate and fortify+some as and ms its the best choice for balanced offense and defense. if you wish to stay noncrit you can also do it as a pathfinder with even more damage but less tankiness, if i had to choose between a pathfinder and a champion i would still use champion though since i can just take cospris will instead of kaoms to get even more damage than a pathfinder would while keeping the same survivability as a pathfinder with kaoms would have

map mods i wouldnt do: physical reflect, you can do it with tornado shot trap though.
things i have done:
lots of uber lab runs carrying even 5 people at once with ease facetanking both argus and izaro while killing them within ~20seconds(izaro empowered last form), 2 player +50% extra hp abyss double kaom within ~10sec without even using lightning trap/my new boots, havent done core and uber atziri yet but it should be very much doable.

ive never written a guide before so lemme know if im missing something or made mistakes, id probably respond faster in game though, also my apologies if there was a build like this out there already, my google fu couldnt find it
Last edited by derrurak on Jun 16, 2016, 1:10:14 PM
Last bumped on Jun 24, 2016, 1:20:19 AM
I have to say i see this guy playing and is a very nice build +1 from here.
What chest armour do you recomend? Also i cant see your char build/items, which would've helped alot understanding your build, could you fix that?
ill specifically make a spoiler with my gear right now, as far as chest is concerned i lean towards kaom for defensive and cospris for an offensive variant, you can grab 5 nodes for 20% curse effect above the scion life wheel

current Gear Any recomendations to inprobe

BTW whats is your tooltip dps unbuffed? so I can take an idea how im going.
you need better rings. First thing to improve is tornado shot helmet enchant from uber lab, buffs dps greatly.
my current gear. Got 68% dodge when full frenzy charges, 92% chance to hit. run enfeeble and still get 1shot from time to time from uber Izaro.
With corpsi you dont need poison as your link, so which gem would you recommend for 7link? faster attacks?
Last edited by nemisoi on Jun 19, 2016, 4:09:45 PM
I improve some of the gear. Im triying to get the +2 helmet enchant,

Actual Build

one Question i will have more dps with a 5l chospri or 6l tabula?

uber lab done Easy first atemp

btw 7k dps tooltip unbuf, is this ok?
Last edited by Spagueti on Jun 20, 2016, 3:34:11 AM
How about southbound as gloves? with kaom's they'd give a ton of life with decent coldres.
Today I've been mostly harmless.
"
nemisoi wrote:
you need better rings. First thing to improve is tornado shot helmet enchant from uber lab, buffs dps greatly.
my current gear. Got 68% dodge when full frenzy charges, 92% chance to hit. run enfeeble and still get 1shot from time to time from uber Izaro.
With corpsi you dont need poison as your link, so which gem would you recommend for 7link? faster attacks?

Sorry but I fail to see the point of having cospri you'll only being running 1 aura curse, this build would probably benefit more using a kaoms/belly.
Unless of course you have the vuln on hit gloves which not many people have.
IGN:AmberKB
Last edited by Amberfied on Jun 24, 2016, 1:16:03 AM
Also you mentioned using slower projectiles in this build, if the idea is to make use of the added projectile damage wouldn't the point blank support gem be better? at rank 19 with 19quality it gives 45% projectile damage which is exponentially higher than slower projectiles. By swapping out of the keystone it frees up 2 additional skill points.
IGN:AmberKB

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info