[2.3] Look at me, I'm the Porcupier now. (Reach of the Council TS)

This is a rough work in progress. I'll add stuff over the next couple of days.

Initially I wanted to play a EK Poison Pathfinder, but after missing the first days of the league I settled for EQ. After getting stuff running I began looking at that Ranger again. With Reach of the Council coming out I decided to go for a bow based build instead. Thanks to using a attack I'm able to use snakebites instead of Pathfinder.

What's the driving idea behind the build? Quick reminder on how TS works. With my setup you'll fire 10 big arrows. Those can't hit the same target. Each big arrows spawns 3(5 with lab enchant) subprojectiles. Those 3/5 can't hit the same target. However subprojectiles from different parent projectiles can hit the same target. This is one of the old strengths of TS - one skill for both AoE clear and single target.

There's only 1 viable Ascendancy class.
Deadeye offers nothing but damage which isn't needed.
Pathfinder is ok-good across the board. But with no longer needing Master Herbalist there's no special driving point for it.
Raider offers great diversity. Most important, 44 movementspeed. Also evasion and %frenzy duration.

One of my main concerns was reflect. I really didn't want to lose regen going VP, so I did it the old way. Dodge and Evasion. With level 90 my Ranger currently has 50 dodge/15k evasion without a Quartz Flask, 63/~30k with. I actually dropped Arrow Dancing because it wasn't needed. Be careful before you reach that amount of Evasion, it really does make a difference.

Gems are TS, GMP, Phys Projectiles, Slower Projectiles, Pierce and Faster Attacks.

lvl 65 Dried Lake https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WgxhViLdqls&feature=youtu.be
lvl 90 Courtyard/Springs https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1rFUVbVUmts&feature=youtu.be
Last edited by Realyn on Jun 13, 2016, 10:01:41 PM
Last bumped on Jun 19, 2016, 1:09:26 AM
Hmm, your characters is public but I can't see Ranger in Prophecy :o
He did it on standard. Lvl92 raider.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info