[2.3] Hegemony's Era & Voidheart Crit Earthquake Assassin

Hey guys, this is the build summary for my crit earthquake I'm currently leveling.

I'll update the guide as I progress and find out the weaknesses and where it excels.
I'm just posting this for friends that were curious. I will record some gameplay videos and fill the thread with more info soon.

I will probably push this character to level 90 and move on to another build.

Gear

Required Uniques:
Voidheart
Hegemony's Era
Luxury:
Abyssus + Lightning Coil: Probably need to add Taste of Hate to this couple.
Shavronne's Wrapp.. oh wait.

Chest:
Rare with life, resist and high armour.
Carcass Jack: Life, Resists, Aoe and Aoe Dmg
Belly: Defensive Carcass
Cloak of Flame: Poor man's Lightning Coil

Glove: Facebreaker or rare with life and high resists.
Boots: Blood Dance with +1 Frenzy and also get Frenzy charge from bandits.
Jewelry: Life, Resist, Flat Phys, Acc, AS, Crit, Crit Multi
Jewels:
1 Jewel with mana leech.
Rest IPD, IMD, DoT, life, resist etc.
Can get 6 block with staves from jewels aswell.

Gems

Attack: EQ + MPD + LD + Added Fire + Inc. AoE + Inc. Crit

Replace Inc. Crit Strikes with Crit Multi when you get crit capped.

Curse: Blasphemy + Enfeeble or Vulnerability

Golem: Stone Golem>Flame Golem>Chaos Golem>Ice Golem>Lightning Golem

Movement: Leap Slam + FA + Fortify + BM | Flame Dash

Buffs: Rallying Cry, Vaal Haste/Grace + Inc. Dur

Extra:
Vengeance + LGOH
Ancestral Warchief
Skill Tree
Old Tree
Skill Tree
Bandits: Oak, Oak, Up to you.
I've picked Alira don't know what I was thinking :D
I've got like 6 variations but this is the one I'm sticking with for now.

After seeing the weaknesses of the build I've changed into the tree below:
Skill Tree
Bandits: Oak, Kraityn, Kraityn

As I'm posting this: Level 76

3.6k Life with mediocre gear
Gear

Leveling

Leveling was super easy, I just used physical weapons like Last Resort, Screaming eagle then switched to any 2H with superior dps at level 28 I switched to Stormheart and it carried me till level 40s it was actually still doing good but there's this one thing that I almost gave up on Hegemony's era and crit altogether:

What the hell were they thinking, it may look 240 dps on paper but that 70 fire mod is just insane... with culling strike this is equivalent to a 400-450dps 2h at level 40!

For mana issues I've used Elreon jewelry then switched to Thief's Torment.
Skillwise, I've used Spectral Throw and Molten Strike together till Earthquake was available.
Leveling Uniques

For skill tree:
Go Blood Siphon from phys start and get Fangs of the Viper via Will of the Blades, you can get Nullification and Blood drinker to feel more safe but I went to witch zone straight away. Ignore every staff and crit node till you are level 60 or so. But make sure you have them by 68(Hegemony's Era). Go pick templar area nodes and get 14% life from scion life nodes, you should be level 68-70 by now and ready to roll.

Torment Shop : http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1121704
Last edited by ta3boo on Jun 15, 2016, 9:29:05 AM
Last bumped on Mar 24, 2017, 12:48:41 AM
hi, you will be over crit capped man, like 130+ crit chance, so you can use marylene fallacy
I will never be good but always I try to improve.
"
Geisalt wrote:
hi, you will be over crit capped man, like 130+ crit chance, so you can use marylene fallacy

I know but I've said:

"
Replace Inc. Crit Strikes with Crit Multi when you get crit capped.

in gem section.

Also, I'm not really a fan of that amulet. I'd rather wear a rare amulet.

Last edited by ta3boo on Jun 13, 2016, 1:03:50 PM
Look forward to seeing your progress, Voidheart alone looks super powerful.
Level 82 Update

Well, I don't really want to put dps numbers because it's misleading but the damage is more than enough, even without Toxic Delivery I roll through T10s.
5.2k hp.

Current Tree
Gear

Replaced a lot of gear with armour + accuracy as they were the weaknesses of the build. And changed some stuff with the tree. Got into a more hardcore viable setup.

I didn't see a single trial so I can get Toxic Delivery from uber lab, it will add so much damage.
That is why I regret not getting attack speed and Frenzy charge from Kraityn. They'd help a lot with movement and improving clear speed.
Last edited by ta3boo on Jun 15, 2016, 9:22:38 AM
Rapid decaying is very good for your setup and you can use it instead of inc. crit gem too

you can also pick the frenzy charge, for two points it doesnt hurt and blood rage is good anyway. 4% more damage is still great for two nodes
Last edited by Geisalt on Jun 15, 2016, 11:22:59 AM
"
Geisalt wrote:
Rapid decaying is very good for your setup and you can use it instead of inc. crit gem too

you can also pick the frenzy charge, for two points it doesnt hurt and blood rage is good anyway. 4% more damage is still great for two nodes

Yeah, you can see that I'm using Rapid Decay on my latest update, also made a point about frenzy charge in there.

I'm just being lazy and not change it on the main post :)
Last edited by ta3boo on Jun 15, 2016, 3:02:33 PM
How would you say survivability is with your setup? Some gameplay vids if you get the time would be sweet, too.
Last edited by MrTastix on Jun 16, 2016, 3:13:55 AM
"
ta3boo wrote:
"
Geisalt wrote:

Yeah, you can see that I'm using Rapid Decay on my latest update, also made a point about frenzy charge in there.

No i cannot see.
"
Geisalt wrote:
"
ta3boo wrote:
"
Geisalt wrote:

No i cannot see.

Look harder. In the Level 82 Update post he as Rapid Decay linked in his chest.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info