2.3 Doryani's fist - Angry Charger - Ice crash Elementalist

This build started as

Way of the Grand Spectrum

and was really strong.

Inspired by this:
Offscreen melee witch

And tempted again by making

viable. I started to respec my witch. Result is pretty amazing even if it's not competitive with the strongest builds at the moment.

Pros and cons:

Spoiler

Pros:
-Hipster build
-Feels like your witch is on a mission
-Gameplay is amazing

Cons:
-Party play is bad because you need to be on a kill streak
-Elemental conflux lasts 4 seconds and is what makes it powerful
-Bosses that does not die in that four second window are a pain

Here's the gear I'm currently using, as you will see, there is still room for improvement
Please check the links in the items to see skills I use:

Spoiler

Here's the actual tree:

Stats:
Spoiler

Defense:

Defense is really basic and unexpensive in terms of skill points. I have a decent lifepool of 5.1k. I use enfeeble blasphemy, fortify, accrobatic and just a decent amount of evasion as defense.

Offense:

Buffed in solo play:

DPS Calculation simplified

24 697 * Total -lightning resist on monsters
(25% ascendancy - 35% skill gem - 37% and 40% from blasphemy curses) = 58 531
Against shocked ennemies dps (happens a lot because of elemental conflux)
58 531 * 1.5 =

87 884

Then the burning from elemental conflux can be added to that.

How it feels is that some bosses dies in only one smash and some other requires about 4. In maps from tier 1 to tier 9.

Gameplay:

Spoiler

The gameplay consist of shield charging and smashing one time with ice crash. Repeat. It actually faceroll t1 to t9 maps like other builds do. Proliferation and huge ice crash aoe clears the screen.

The fun part is how it feels very powerful even if it's not the best build.

Video:
video

Comments, suggestions and questions are all welcome. Thank you for reading
Last edited by KaptNCrounch on Jun 14, 2016, 2:01:34 AM
Last bumped on Sep 8, 2016, 5:26:43 PM
Nice build.

My favorite part is using a cold skill that does pure lightning for that sweet sweet 25% pen from mastermind of discord. Got me thinkin what other skill setups could abuse this. Wild strike...something...something.

Never really even knew that belt existed either, but it seems to have potential.

Love the build idea, I've always wanted to make a Doryani's Fist build.

I just hit 63 and started toying with options. Right now it looks like I'm going to drop the entire Ranger area in favor of using Eldrich Battery for mana management. Doryani's Fist restores 30 ES on kill, mana cost is 25 on a 5L. This lets me use 2x Blasphemy + Wrath with 18% reduced mana reserved.

I've invested some points into curse effectiveness to help scale damage. I should be putting enemies at about -175% lightning resistance between both curses, Lightning Pen gem, and Mastermind of Discord. Vessel of Vinktar + Witch flask nodes increase this even further. If Mastermind of Discord doesn't seem to be needed, I might drop Ice Crash and make this a Shield Charge build.

I'm also planning on using Crown of Eyes for easy access to spell damage nodes to scale the damage even further, if it's even necessary. Will also make it super easy to get quadfecta jewels. Devoto's Devotion is my fallback here if CoE isn't needed.

Biggest problems right now are low life leech and accuracy. Hoping to sort this out soon!

side note: An obvious evolution of this build would be Rigwald's Curse, but that would require an entirely different setup that stacks crit.
Last edited by Nickoladze on Jun 26, 2016, 8:26:38 PM
"
Nickoladze wrote:
Love the build idea, I've always wanted to make a Doryani's Fist build.

I just hit 63 and started toying with options. Right now it looks like I'm going to drop the entire Ranger area in favor of using Eldrich Battery for mana management. Doryani's Fist restores 30 ES on kill, mana cost is 25 on a 5L. This lets me use 2x Blasphemy + Wrath with 18% reduced mana reserved.

I've invested some points into curse effectiveness to help scale damage. I should be putting enemies at about -175% lightning resistance between both curses, Lightning Pen gem, and Mastermind of Discord. Vessel of Vinktar + Witch flask nodes increase this even further. If Mastermind of Discord doesn't seem to be needed, I might drop Ice Crash and make this a Shield Charge build.

I'm also planning on using Crown of Eyes for easy access to spell damage nodes to scale the damage even further, if it's even necessary. Will also make it super easy to get quadfecta jewels. Devoto's Devotion is my fallback here if CoE isn't needed.

Biggest problems right now are low life leech and accuracy. Hoping to sort this out soon!

side note: An obvious evolution of this build would be Rigwald's Curse, but that would require an entirely different setup that stacks crit.

Been toying with options too but did not get idea of Eldrich Battery. Dropping Ranger area might be a good idea because of less traveling in the tree.

I managed to get a rigwald curse and even respec to occultist and tryed crit Doryani's fist. Result was about the same as elementalist without rigwald curse. But the fun ended there I died with my char.

Once you sort this out soon post your build ! Who knows Doryani's fist build might become popular one day.
think a crit variation with rigwalds curse would be more dps?
Last edited by Josh_87 on Sep 8, 2016, 5:27:37 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info