[2.3] Chieftain Bow Burner - Purify in Flames

Hi all,

This is a fully re-written and re-build guide of my Chieftain burning arrow build.
I dropped it for a while, as I felt it was badly made, and I needed time to figure things out and improve on the original design.

Sadly after much consideration over this build, it's now clear to me that it wont be a cheap one. As you would need a 6L (chest) and reach of the council (or a 6L reach).

So here it is, my chieftain bow burner V2 !

Skills Tree:

Once you would have dex on gear you could drop the additional dex nodes on tree and use the points to get more life/armor

Gem setup:
Spoiler

burning arrow (20q - is a must) - prolif - wed - fire pen - ppad/pierce - slower proj/added fire/less duration

less duration - is probably better than added fire, as it does add damage, as we do not have any gems with "duration" tag, there is no downfall (so its double dips)

pierce gem - you would use it if you would not have a 6L lioneye's vision chest

boss killer (untested):
vaal burning arrow - conc effect - fire pen - slow proj - wed

other gem:
Anger and hoa

Gear:
Spoiler

the colors are messed up, i run out of chromas :/ you would ideally need GGGRRB or GGRRRB

Helm - Devoto's Devotion Nightmare Bascinet - i feel this would works really well, alternatively - Hrimnor's Resolve; or a really good rare helm (dual res (u get a ton of fire from other gear) and life)

I still dont have the helm and rings to go with it. using thief torment ring atm - but i think that 1 slot will be,
other ring will be a heavy defensive ring (tri res 30%+ each and life, elemental damage or flat physical/fire damage would be a nice bonus)

With regards to the rings - I also think about trying dual use Essence Worm rings - with anger and determination and go blood magic.

Other things:
I will be corrupting belts to try and get +1 end charge.
I will be corrupting the amus to try to get - ele damage or attack speed
I will be corrupting the quivers to try to get +1 arrow

Bandits:
Oak - Oak - Oak

That it is for now, once i get more gear, corrupt stuff and get stuff tested I will update the guide further.

YES I support the game, NO I don't agree with many GGG decisions

Lab still sucks balls.

I miss Zana already.
Last edited by Miazga on Jul 19, 2016, 6:38:33 AM
Last bumped on Oct 1, 2016, 11:19:24 PM
Increased burning damage is actually quite a weak damage boost, you'll get more damage out of physical projectile attack damage or even slower projectiles.

I think GMP is too much of a damage loss for a proliferate build. Consider dropping GMP for pierce then running projectile weakness for 100% pierce and a lot more damage.

The skill tree looks quite efficient, though i think i spotted a couple points you can change:

Changed two points near catalyst in the templar start (net change -10 str + 10% wed)
Dropped the leech nodes at duelist and grabbed bloodless. See life node, get life node. I'm not sure the leech nodes are worth while in a prolif build because a lot of your damage is not leechable, and your mana sustain shouldn't be a big problem since you don't need to attack really fast.
How to make currency in Path of Exile, a comprehensive guide:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=27Ig9_8XjC8
Thanks mate,

thats well spoted 2 points to get 10% more ele dmg.

Now that I think and re-valuate the tree I can also see that life leech will not be mandatory i will get so much regen from tree it should keep me going, will have to wait and see if mana wont be a problem (for now i use 2 eleron rings).

I will do some testing to see if dropping gmp is worth it (i love huge aoe coverage:P) but once i get the reach of the council i will drop it for sure ;) - I do think it maybe the best bow for this build.

Once I made some progress on the build i will update the guide.
YES I support the game, NO I don't agree with many GGG decisions

Lab still sucks balls.

I miss Zana already.
when will the guide be updated?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info