Unbearable Whispers V bugged? Or Doubled-up Prophecies in general?

So, I hate the Lab. At least, I hate running it. In theory? I love it. In practice, I suck and I die and it makes me sad.

So, I had a friend grudgingly carry me through Merci Lab so I could get the last key fragment I needed...

The game consumed my prophecy, and did not give me the key fragment.

Is it this specific prophecy that is bugged? Or is it because we both had Double Enchant and Extra Key prophecies on at the same time as well?

Last bumped on Jul 26, 2016, 9:09:27 AM
I want to believe you were thorough about this, but you did actually search the treasure room for a tome to kill, right? I finished my unbearable whispers prophecy last night and it worked fine. Spawns the boss right after the first tome dies. Got a second treasure key from izaro from the double key prophecy, too (though I didn't have double enchant active)

If it's a bug with anything, I'd have to guess it's a bug with parties. I've heard about some issues with partied prophecies (if, for example, your friend entered the final aspirant's trial area first, the tome may not have gotten a trigger to spawn in the treasure room; the aspirant's trial stash area, the room where you fight izaro, and the treasure room are all the same "zone", after all), though since I play solo I can't confirm any myself.
Last edited by codetaku on Jun 10, 2016, 10:56:50 AM
Sat there for half an hour, checked the treasure room, made sure I could see all items in case that portion of key was missing from my filter, shot arrows randomly around, went back into Izaro's room and the room before in case it was there and not in the treasure room, walked back into the last pre-fight room in case it was there and not actually past there (Then checked the wiki to confirm it was the treasure room and did the first bits again).

Gave up, raged in guild chat, complained on forums.

So, looks like either the Enchant or Partying messed it up... Fun... Wonder if it reset my progress in the chain, or if I just have to get the final step again...

Edit:

Just got V again, so it counted it as "Attempted but failed" rather than "Completed" and making me do the whole chain again, so, that's nice... I guess... Small improvement, at any rate.
Last edited by Zephryl on Jun 10, 2016, 11:42:57 AM
Well, I'm at least glad it counted as attempted-but-failed! Sorry that there are bugs.
Yeah, I'm just hoping someone can tell me for sure if it's parties or the double enchant that bugged it.

If it's Double Enchant, I can get someone else to run it with me... if it's Parties, not so much. I'm not really Izaro capable with my computer.
Your... computer? Are you sure you don't mean your build? Do you have a framerate of 10 or something? My builds mostly just tank Izaro (except for Endgame; haven't actually tried him yet. But I think all prophecies in the lab work fine in the non-endgame lab; though obviously you want to save double enchant for endgame).
Last edited by codetaku on Jun 10, 2016, 12:22:45 PM
I have several builds capable of Izaro-ing, but that's pretty hard to do when the game is, and does, freeze for several seconds at a time.

There's a chance it won't happen during Izaro of course, but when it takes like 20 minutes per attempt (Depending on layout), it's really really frustrating and not worth the effort.

Just happened to me as well. went back twice to the chamber, shot at traps, obviously nothing happened. ;(
I can confirm you can do Twice Enchanted and Unbearable Whispers V on the same run. If it's bugged, I haven't seen it.

I stack up on all lab prophecies before doing a run, so you can definitely get the tome, double enchant, double keys etc. all at the same time.
Maybe it's party related where both can't have the reward for that prophecy? Or it's a remaining bug of keys that wouldn't drop if it wasn't you who opened the trial/lab? I would report it if I was you so devs can look into it.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info