Unplayable lag spikes in rain zones?

I keep getting unplayable lag spikes. I ripped twice today (cemetery map, fellshrine ruins) because of a lag spike lasting 10+ seconds. Lockstep and Alt+F4 be damned, can't do anything when the game freezes up and unfreezes to a death screen.

This has absolutely ruined the game for me. Days of progress wasted, nice gear lost, long prophecy chains gone. Anyone else having this problem? I'm quitting the game until/unless this gets fixed.

FWIW I never had such lag problems, even during perandus with the ridiculous mobs. Sure, they spiked but never a full freeze just a scary slideshow moment. Never had this problem in rain zones either.
Last bumped on Jun 11, 2016, 6:17:41 AM
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
yeah, rainy zones (and it seems others with upper-atmospheric effects) are horrible for performance, and now that there's less preloading they're all the worse. I really wish they'd give us the option to turn off those effects already, there's really no excuse to force those upon players when they're known to be a performance killer on many setups. They shouldn't be treated any different than shadows.
Agree.

Just for testing, i have installed poe on the pc of my brother. He lives in another house (so, different internet line, and different ISP too, better than mine), and has better pc than me (he has intel 2600k + 8 gigs or ram + gtx 560 + samsung ssd). And STILL there are lags and freezes with rain. I have no words
"
Wispo wrote:
Agree.

Just for testing, i have installed poe on the pc of my brother. He lives in another house (so, different internet line, and different ISP too, better than mine), and has better pc than me (he has intel 2600k + 8 gigs or ram + gtx 560 + samsung ssd). And STILL there are lags and freezes with rain. I have no words

that´s really similiar to my setup except my card is titan version and still laggy and even rainy zones loads noticably longer.
"
"
Wispo wrote:
Agree.

that´s really similiar to my setup except my card is titan version and still laggy and even rainy zones loads noticably longer.

My God, a titan O___O Lucky boy :)

On my pc btw, in rain zones i have not lags, but FREEZES. The number of times i have died by them (i pratically never die with my main toon in normal conditions) are countless. Cheetah 10k rpm hdd here

In 2 words: poe has serious problems on fast drives and even on ssd. So phrases like "ehy buy an ssd" are just ridicolous. Is the CODE of the game that is messed up, in many cases even "ninja PCs" cannot solve the problem
Last edited by Wispo on Jun 10, 2016, 6:42:25 AM
I was going to create a thread, but knew there'd be a million other threads on the subject already. Naturally. Just about as natural as the rain. Not quite as natural as the horrible fucking framerate issues that rain maps bring with 'em. I'd really love to be able to disable rain, just so I can actually run Wharf maps. A damned tier two map that I cannot reliably run, because it stutters and freezes too much.

Prophecy came with new preloading technology, which sounds nice, until you notice that the freezes in rain maps also become even more prevalent. It's already running terribly, and you also get framerate drops when your hard drive is shitting itself over preloading some random bullshit.

PoE's rain is really getting on my nerves.
Using the --nopreload flag in the poe shorcut solved all the freezes and fps drops for me, it might work for you guys.
...That's a thing? Awesome, I'll be trying that :) Thanks.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info