[2.3] Elementalist Wander | Fast Clear Speed, Reflect Immune

Update: Soloed Endgame lab for the first time and I'm kind of disappointed at how easy it was...

Last league I played Deadeye elemental wander and it was a lot of fun. However fun it may be, I didn't really want to play the exact same build with +2 ascendancy points this league.

After testing some other builds I wanted to try for a long time, I came up with Witch variation of the deadeye elemental wander as an elementalist.

Why Elementalist?
Paragon of Calamity:
Vaal Pact + This: You are pretty much immune to reflect. You can see it on the Dry Peninsula video where I'm able to tank ele ref on shocked ground.
Also I needed Cybil's Lament to deal with reflect as a Deadeye, so this opens up a ring slot aswell.
Liege of the Primordial:
I like the Ice Golem + Lightning Golem setup but might want to try Flame + Ice and run Anger sometime in the future.
Pendulum of Destruction:
100 ele dmg and 25 area, nothing to add here.
Mastermind of Discord:
Lightning Warp + Flame Dash together and put your Frost Wall totem at boss to benefit all elements. Don't warp if you deal 0 fire dmg.

After testing Shaper of Desolation is the better choice and requires less micro management than MoD.

Order of Ascendencies:

Liege of the Primordial, Paragon of Calamity, Pendulum of Destruction, Shaper of Desolation.
Level 65 Gear & Tree
Currently I am level 65 and here's my gear:
Gear

Baby waiting:
Will replace the enchant with ele dmg
Dps is 19k with ice golem/lightning golem/wrath/herald of ice.
Level 65 Tree
For upgraded gear take a look in the thread for my update posts.
They are in "Level XX Update" format.

Most of the build threads just show you the final/optimized build and you are left clueless about the journey to get to that final form. I think my approach gives a better insight on why I made some changes, what problems I've encountered along the way and how the hell I ended up with a build that costs 999exalts(hopefully not).

Skill Tree
112 Points
You can replace some nodes to get jewel sockets if you have good jewels. There aren't many beneficial mods for a elemental wander so make sure you have at least 6% increased maximum life on your jewels.
Stacking attack speed can give you some flashy tooltip numbers and help with reflect.. but it's not really an issue with Paragon of Calamity. So, I'd just stack crit multi or area and projectile damage. I went for area/proj because I don't want to rely heavily on my crits.

If you have a Taste of Hate another option is getting flask nodes; Alchemist and Druidic Rite.

Bandits: Oak, Kraityn, Alira
There's a better explanation in page 2.
Projected Gear/aka My Deadeye's Gear

Dps was 56.5k with ice golem/wrath/herald of ice in hideout as I recall.
5k hp

Elementalist node Paragon of Calamity replaces the Cybil's Lament to deal with ele reflect.
I've used Call of the Brotherhood + Added Lightning Damage gem for maps that ele reflect was not an issue on my Deadeye.
A cold heavy damage setup can benefit a lot from a:

Don't mind the corruption.
Videos
Unid Dry Peninsula casual run | Able to tank ele reflect on shock ground
Gorge run with Onslaught and Monster Resist
Wasn't really meant to show the speed but almost every guide has it so why not :P
This was shot when level 82 with lvl 18, 19 gems and wasn't the final form of the build and I'd probably reroll Onslaught/+60 Lightning res(didn't had Mastermind of Discord at that point), bring an Onslaught flask aswell as chain my Vaal Hastes properly and hope for no lag spikes for a real speed gorge.
Gems
Main Attack:
Kinetic Blast + GMP + Inc. Crit + WED + Added Cold Damage + Added Lightning
If you are not using Lioneye's vision, replace Added Cold or Lightning with Pierce.
Movement:
Lightning Warp + Less Duration + Faster Casting
Auras and Buffs:
Herald of Ice + Curse on Hit + Assassin's Mark + Ice Bite
Vaal Haste + Rallying Cry + Inc. Dur.
Frost Wall:
Frost Wall + Spell Totem
Golems:
Blind + Ice Golem + Lightning Golem
Charge Generation
- You get Power and Frenzy charges via Herald of Ice + Curse on Hit + Assassin's Mark + Ice Bite
- For Hexproof maps switch to Frenzy + PCOC + Inc. Crit + GMP. They are the same colour setup.
What to look for in a wand?

A 120edps(cold&lightning) wand with 10 crit should do the job.
Prefixes:
High Lightning Damage
High Cold Damage
3rd: There are two options here;
Personally I like +2 to lightning gems and use my Wrath and Lightning Golem there.
Second option is 20%+ wed but you need to have a lot of flat dmg and wed in your gear to surpass the +2 to Wrath.
Suffixes:
Crit
Crit Multi
3rd:
I think best option is 20%+ Lightning Damage as most of our damage is lightning.
Attack Speed for cool tooltip, but I'd rather get flat accuracy.
Another option would be Lightning resist for Lightning Coil users.
Don't get LGOH as I recall from previous league it caused a lot of performance issues.

Example Wands:

A very good starter option.

The damage can make up for the lack of attack speed and they are way cheaper than your usual 1.5 as wands.

Then move onto the likes of

Projectile Return does not really work, I was just testing before.

How to level?
Gearing tips for starters

I'll update this guide as I progress. So don't pick up on the formatting and lack of information for now. But feel free to ask any questions you have in mind.
Notes

- Archon Kite Shields are the best thing in the world they open up so much possibilities for other gear.
- Walls are your friend.

Ignore This | WIP stuff

Isn't Deadeye better?
Is this a budget friendly build?
Importance of items
What are the most expensive, luxury stuff?
Lioneye's Vision with BBBGGR so we can replace Pierce gem with Added Cold Damage.
Lightning Coil with same colours and Taste of Hate are defensive options.

Torment Shop : http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1121704
Last edited by ta3boo on Jun 18, 2016, 10:17:44 AM
Last bumped on Aug 1, 2016, 7:41:50 PM
Level 75 Update
30k dps with golems and auras

3.2k hp

Current Tree

Gear

Will replace maligaro's with a rare gloves with high life/resists and attack speed or accuracy.
And then I'll get a Devoto's Devotion as I think the movement speed bonus that item gives is insane.
Another option is Rat's Nest for the rich... but not recommended as the crit is kinda wasted unless you run an Enfeeble map.

Last edited by ta3boo on Jun 9, 2016, 9:05:23 PM
Level 78 Update
34.5k dps with golems and auras
42.5k with PoD

3.4k hp

Current Tree
Gear

Did Merciless Lab and got Pendulum of Destruction. Looking forward to get some more health nodes.

Using that +2 lightning gems on my wand for Wrath and Lightning Golem, also added Blind to L. Golem for extra defense.
Will change flame dash with rallying cry once I have more chromatics but the gem setup seems finalized to me, we'll see if I'll have to add cwdt+ic once I get to t12+. I'll make the gloves 4S3L for now.
Last edited by ta3boo on Jun 9, 2016, 10:07:10 PM
Level 82 Update
32.5k dps with golems and auras, 4k hp

Current Tree
Gear

Bought Lioneye's Vision. Replaced Added Lightning With Added Cold, helps with freezing packs.

Last edited by ta3boo on Jun 10, 2016, 1:26:58 AM
Added gameplay video.

And also switched my flask setup to this:

Looking forward to get 20/20 gems and a better wand.
Last edited by ta3boo on Jun 11, 2016, 11:42:30 AM
Added Gorge run video.

I'll occasionally stream at twitch.tv/munniey
Last edited by ta3boo on Jun 11, 2016, 4:09:07 PM
Level 87 Update

40k dps with golems and auras,
49k while Mastermind of Discord is active,
4.4k hp.

Current Tree
Gear

My gems are getting to level 20 soon, I'll see if I'll be able to surpass my deadeye's stats when I get to level 92+ when they hit 20/20.
Also didn't seem to need CWDT setup, at least for maps up to T12, didn't had any T12 drops so far.

Last edited by ta3boo on Jun 11, 2016, 11:42:03 AM
why got acrobatics if your going armor ?
"
kieke187 wrote:
why got acrobatics if your going armor ?

I'm not going armour on purpose, the defenses on gear is irrelevant.
The defenses come from acrobatics and flasks.

You can use a

but I think it's more safe to use Basalt and Stibnite. I'd rather relax than cross my fingers.

For HC I'd use Lightning Coil and Taste of Hate to mitigate physical damage as it's the only source of damage that will hurt you in higher maps.
Last edited by ta3boo on Jun 11, 2016, 4:34:03 PM
I have given a break playing this character after getting a Voidheart ring.

Thanks for coming to my stream and whispering me in-game earlier.

If you have any questions feel free to contact me in-game and I'll help you as much as I can if I'm available.
Last edited by ta3boo on Jun 13, 2016, 1:12:39 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info