[2.3] Streaky's AoE CoC Storm Call - Makes your Screen sparkly :)

The core idea is to use Quill Rain's high Attackspeed, the Assassin's Ascendancy Crit Bonus and combine that with massive AoE Spells to shatter stuff all over your screen.

62% Spell Dodge together with 79% Lightning Resistance makes this build quiete safe from Elemental Reflect Mobs, Reflect Maps are still dangerous.

The high crit chance, knockback on hit and a good MovementSpeed allows me to keep my safe distance from dangerous mobs. This build is ment to be fun and experimental for myself.

Feel free to use it as an inspiration for your future built, but i really recommend going a bit tankier :)

>>VIDEOGUIDE inkl. a few Mapruns and Bosses<<

Gems:
Spoiler

Main skill
Barrage -> Cast on Crit -> Storm Call -> Less Duration -> Increased AoE -> Glacial Cascade

Barrage utilized with 2 volley fire jewels is just perfect for triggering CoC.
Less Duration grants a 29% MORE damage multiplier to your Storm Call and Glacial Cascade.

Auras
Grace -> Purity of Lightning -> Enlighten
Socket your Auras into the Alpha's Howl to make use of it's +2 Gems Affix

Herald of Thunder -> Curse on Hit -> Warlords Mark
Provides us with Free Endurance Charges that mitigate incoming Physical Hits.
Also grants a bit of Life- / ManaLeech.

Utility
Ice Golem
Best for this builds, increased Accuracy and CritChance

Blink Arrow
100% Necessary to have a quick escape and high mobility

Conductivity (curse)
Definetly useful for longer bossfights, might be exchanged to Elemental Weakness,
didnt test that one yet.

Gear
Spoiler

Chest
Carcass Jack is BiS for a focus on DPS, you can also use Hyrri's Ire for a more defensive Option (more Evasion and near dodge cap at 72% without vaal Grace)

Boots
Atziri's Step are BiS with an additional 6% Spell Dodge enchantment to further reduce Elemental Reflect.

Jewels:
Lioneye's Fall
Place that one on the top left side of the tree, turning all the Stave nodes into Bow nodes :)

2x Volley Fire
Basically grants you 8 more projectiles per shot on your Barrage Skill, making it a Free 7L with GMP... only without the damage drawback.

Flasks
Spoiler

2 Life Flasks, one with increased Recovery Rate for the big money shots that pass your evasion/dodge defense layer. And one with an Surgeon's prefix to refill on longer bossfights.

The Surgeon's Quartz flask is always up with a 84% critchance on Barrage :)

If you have an Elreon Ring, your Barrage will cost 1-2 Mana per use, granting you a free Slot instead of the Mana Flask. But i feel like Corruptin Blood Rare's are a great danger for me, so i'd rather have a flask with a high ammount of "Remove Bleed" charges.

Passive Tree
Spoiler

https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAABAYBADIyRXyXl_v1tDjlGYw2UEJTNZMnbAsi9G0Zl_RSUz1fl5VMsyBuUDDbXgQHg9tVxjpYHwI2xdgkpwgVUI9GUfvNFh8YE3FepViuRY77i-vuMtFFR8BmPAXvfJ_fBLOiAPAfaPKJ03BSKgtd8lVLYeImlRa_KwoRL-OEDdFjQxvIz93xijY9napsjFWFpcttbLVI53To1s3qBbWNv9QjMHHdqEt4OkL665LzXkVRR-dUJP3_3jfU7T8-z73m3vikeMHVMHyNfSP2TZKjiu4O_MV46wqbDY2HduOfSn3vetN-fXX-umegYqwQktmGvG8jNlMQF7BKiw==
Last edited by RedStreakyCat on Jun 3, 2016, 4:38:37 PM
Last bumped on Apr 19, 2017, 4:08:18 AM
nice build. what about bandits?
Do we use herald of ice or herald of thunder? and yeah what bandits? cool build btw
how to Bandits ?

and

Is there any reason to bother using the Storm Call ?

Hi,

is there any reason why you pick up some staff crit nodes?
with this skill tree how volley fire can use?
How would I play on a 5 link?
cmon guys, bandits are not hard to figure out....

choose whatever you want. if you are HP based you should be taking the 40 flat hp. for cruel you can take either the point or attack speed. for merciless you'd be best taking power charge

he takes the staff crit and stuff because you can use the unique jewel that takes melee mods and turns them into bow mods. that is why he grabs the jewel socket right by those passive points. its better than going south to get those bow crit nodes. you get more crit and multi, since some of it is global crit (meaning it will apply to your spells as well).

if you're running a 5L, just unsocket increased aoe.

personally i tried this build, and it absolutely sucks if you don't have all of the reduced duration you can get (including the amulet). also glacial cascade just clears so fast on its own anyway, so for me instead of having 2x sockets as support gems i decided to take my quill rain coc in a different direction.

it is a really sweet build though so long as you have the amulet and a maxed out less duration. the aoe is insane and as you can see the clear speed is pretty quick.
Last edited by xMustard on Jul 4, 2016, 4:50:10 PM
Is this build possible on another class?

I've made 2 shadows already this league but this build seriously looks awesome
"
FlaMeBeRgZA wrote:
Is this build possible on another class?

I've made 2 shadows already this league but this build seriously looks awesome

definitely not as effective. since you're using quill rain for the massive attack speed and thus proc rate, your base critical strike chance is very low for a cast on critical build. this is only overcome because of the assassin class giving you base crit chance per power charge.

you may be able to do it as a ranger, deadeye, but you would have to use full crit gear, increased critical strike chance, and get so much critical strike chance via tree that you couldn't span out to get all of the increased area of effect. you do get 20% inc aoe from deadeye though...

even then i'd say you'd have a max of like 50% crit chance, which is pretty low for CoC builds.
Last edited by xMustard on Jul 7, 2016, 3:21:00 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info