item crafting

My aim was to craft level 83 "170-179% increased physical damage" mod on 85 item level bow. After spending somewhere in between 4000-5000 alterations on it (really, not exaggerating it) didn't get it, not a single time. I am really starting to doubt if it is working as intended, because it has happened before a few times that some game mechanics weren't working as intended until it was officially announced and fixed.

Got a question for people who are into crafting, how many attempts it really takes to get this mod? Has anyone got it?
"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" - Edmund Burke
Last bumped on Jun 6, 2016, 9:39:23 AM
From my own experience: expect to waste a lot more Alts. I just spent 1k Alts on a bow and didn't even hit the Cruel mod (lvl 60). Has been the same result on pretty much any attempt.
Sorry Exile, but your loot is in another dungeon!
IGN: Delirii
It's working as intended.

In general, don't craft.

Last edited by elitedesolator on Jun 3, 2016, 5:18:11 AM
i wanted to craft a dagger this league and in 5k+ alterations i only got a T1 spell damage roll ONCE. its crazy. craftig is not worth it unless you wanna waste some currency for fun
Step one: be prepared to lose thousands of alts and get nothing

Step two: don't aim for one specific roll of a specific mod, aim for a range of several good mods with t3 to t1 rolls.

As a rule of thumb, buying is cheaper than crafting. You can always get lucky, of course, but in the long run buying is better - unless there's nothing for sale similar to what you want.

I fooled around with alteration/augment/regal, alch/scour and chaos spam on two ES bases in this league, had much more relaxed standards than you and got nothing out of about 6 exalts worth of currency (as expected). I realize it's not that much, just illustrating my point. Could have easily bought one decent piece at that price.
The Wheel of Nerfs turns, and builds come and pass, leaving memories that become legend. Legend fades to myth, and even myth is long forgotten when the build that gave it birth comes again.
Last edited by Bars on Jun 3, 2016, 5:42:19 AM
When crafting high-end items, I always try to have at least two copies of the item available. Three or more is even better. Whenever I get a good set of mods on one item, I continue rolling with the one that has the worst mods. That way I don't risk losing the good mods and whenever I feel I've spent enough currency on the project I can grab the best mods I got and go with it.

Note that I play self-found so buying items is not an option.
Got a Merciless Harbinger Bow of Piercing with just 200 alterations. So lucky and so happy! Afraid to regal it. Lol.
Last edited by NimRoX on Jun 6, 2016, 9:46:40 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info