Frostbolt

Post your feedback for this skill here!

Make sure you concisely state your character build, level, and other complimenting abilities you have when you talk about a skill - The more we know about your character, the better we can understand your feedback.
Please email support@grindinggear.com if you need any assistance!

Last bumped on Dec 22, 2017, 6:06:16 PM
I'm sad now. Totems don't interact with Frostbolt+Ice Nova (or I'm assuming Vortex either), so my entire build (Tri totem Hierophant where I cast Frost Bolt with Sire of Shards and my totems Nova all over the place).

I expect the reason is because you can only cast ice spells from your own Frostbolt, but please change this. ;__;

Edit: Vortex destroys the Frostbolt but Ice Nova doesn't. Is this intended?

@SkyCore: AoE doesn't affect it, and it looks like each projectile can only hit each enemy once.
*You call into the void. You hear a sound in the distance.*
Last edited by Felix35071 on Jun 3, 2016, 10:39:37 PM
Does increased aoe effect the projectiles?

If you slow the projectiles down, can they hit the same mob multiple times like lightning orb?

PS- it bugs me that a 'bolt' isnt rod shaped.
For years i searched for deep truths. A thousand revelations. At the very edge...the ability to think itself dissolves away.Thinking in human language is the problem. Any separation from 'the whole truth' is incomplete.My incomplete concepts may add to your 'whole truth', accept it or think about it
I don't get the point of casting Ice nova from frostbolt when frostbolt does 2x more damage than said Ice nova. I can just use the time to cast more frostbolts. If I need AoE I will just link frostbolt to GMP, it will still deal more damage than Ice nova. I can understand exploding 1 vortex from time to time for the degen though.
I got odd feeling it was supposed to be used with totems but soemthing changed allong the way. I am still tryign to make a build around it but it feels clunky.
I'm extremely disappointed with all the new skills. The prominently touted interactions with Ice Nova and Vortex which would have made these skills cool (haha...ha) are clunky at best, and useless at worst.

Having played a witch to level 40, I can honestly say that Frostbolt/Vortex is the worst skill/combo I've ever played at that range. It's slow, it doesn't deal that much more damage to justify the drawbacks, the cast time on Vortex makes it extremely clunky to use with Frostbolt.

Before I decided to stop playing those skills, I've either just spammed Frostbolt, or went close range with self-cast Vortex. But that cast-at-range thingy is just not worth the effort and time.

I'm going to delete the character and restart as Split-Arrow or Tornado Shot ranger. More speed, more damage, less gimmicky nonesense for little to no benefit. Just straight forward damage at a safe distance.
Last edited by Baelturath on Jun 4, 2016, 1:58:28 PM
very sad skill , played it to level 50 with my witch. The combination with ice nova and vortex feels too slow and clunky, and the damage of vortex is pathetic. Dont feel like rerolling because i invested like 10 hours in that character and it feels wasted. Linked echo to frostbolt and just using frostbolt on its own, its better, probably will end up linking gmp as well to get the spread in. Im very disappointed with this skill.

To save this skill i suggest making it cast the spell you wanna combine it on its own.
Your intention to make people use 2 buttons for a skill is honourable but its not working.

//
I will stick with it till maps. Definetly getting better as i progress (lvl59). But im getting carried by my ice nova, most of the time i am a icenova build and standing in the packs anyway because its more effficient and then there is the situation where frostbolt + nova is useful because safer.

So The skill does it job now? But the leveling was a terrible experience, period, its one frostbolt that moves slow and does practically nothing at the time in the game.

I would suggest make it available WAY later in the game when your skill that you combine is strong enough to carry and the cast speed is good enough. I would also suggest making it bigger, flashier, Or give it a better Feedback when hitting enemies it would help. Also havent changed my opinion on vortex yet. The leveling with vortex was as well really bad I would suggest giving it later in the game too. Will try vortex again later.

probably give a last feedback when im mapping. Thats all, was just a really bad experience leveling with this thats why i made this post. Best regards still thanks.

/// Last edit: I quit the league after a few characters. My Frostbolt character didnt make it to maps, it was way too awkward to use and ice nova was better 90% of the time. I turned the char into a Whispering Ice build since it was a Icespell and it actually works, it caused fps drops but it was fine to clear most low-midtier maps safely.

And to people who claim its a good spell for Cast on Crit build. Guess what ANY spell that gets fired 100 times per second is a good spell on a cast on crit build, sorry but that gem is broken anyway.

Last edited by voodoojin on Jul 13, 2016, 9:08:55 AM
"
voodoojin wrote:
very sad skill , played it to level 50 with my witch. The combination with ice nova and vortex feels too slow and clunky, and the damage of vortex is pathetic. Dont feel like rerolling because i invested like 10 hours in that character and it feels wasted. Linked echo to frostbolt and just using frostbolt on its own, its better, probably will end up linking gmp as well to get the spread in. Im very disappointed with this skill.

To save this skill i suggest making it cast the spell you wanna combine it on its own.
Your intention to make people use 2 buttons for a skill is honourable but its not working.

is bolded a joke ? vortex hits like a truck
"
grepman wrote:
is bolded a joke ? vortex hits like a truck

Yes, it does deal some significant initial damage, which is part of skill's issues! If I have to build around ele reflect anyway, what's the point of using a degen skill?

//Edit: What I mean: if Frostbolt + the initial explosion from Vortex make ele reflect an issue, why should I bother with using Frostbolt as a clunky delivery system for a degen spell? The primary advantage of degen is already gone at that point.
Last edited by Baelturath on Jun 4, 2016, 7:03:34 PM
So it seems like Frostbolt, Ice Nova and Vortex work together with Cast on Crit which... I guess is kind of nice since it gives Cast on Crit builds another option.

A shame it doesn't work with totems, since that would be a nice way to use it.
"Let those with infinite free time pave the road with their corpses." - reboticon

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info