Labyrinth is to hard for noobs like me.

I like the idea of getting those ascendancy points shall be a challence.
But now I have tryed for weeks cant complete it on normal difficulty, not tryed the others but guess its not easyer.
Im up in the age and maybe not so good at it as younger players are. But after dying alot times on those stupid traps I give up on getting those points.
Just wanted to share my sadness on this, those points are a big deal I guess. Maybe i dont belong in this game if i cant do it all it sure pushes players like me away from it when things that important seems to be that hard to get. Its not the mobs that is the problem im way overleveled the lab, I just cant handle those traps everywhere.
Sure someone will run you through the lab for payment, but i dont see any reason other should get rich on players who might not be as good as them, it destroys the idea of enjoy and play a game.
A suggestion would be to maybe for those who cant do it maybe be able to buy the point for real cash as an option, or maybe make a day without traps in there as an event or something for those far behind to let us have a chance to get those points.
But for now i give up on it before i go insane.

John
Last bumped on Jun 6, 2016, 4:17:45 PM
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
I will assume that you're playing an energy shield (ES) character. There's a known issue with ES and traps. This is an issue that has been "fixed" in the upcoming release in a few days. Trap damage for ES will be based on 60% ES instead of 100% of your ES. This is something that over leveling would not help much with. I suggest that you try again in four days when the new release comes out.
Over 430 threads discussing labyrinth problems with over 1040 posters in support (thread # 1702621) Thank you all! GGG will implement a different method for ascension in PoE2. Retired!
The whole trap concept is stupid in this kind of game.

The whole game is about making your character stronger and harder to kill... and then you can go to an area 50 levels bellow you and get completely destroyed by a rotating wood plank...
(Not to mention dodgin traps on a point-and-click ARPG, only trap that doesn't feel out of place is the lava floor, but heard many people complaining about it lagging them and I have more than once seen it half light and half off at the same time).

I also hate (and I'm repeating myself because I mentioned this a couple of times) how the traps just crap all over my life investment in nodes, ascendancy points, and gear, but they don't crap over other people's investment in movement speed in nodes, ascendancy points and gear...
(In my opinion the trap damage should be changed from 50% of your Life to something like 1000 Base Damage + 25% of your Life, for Merciless values for example).

Give a forced 0% Movement Speed through all the Labyrinth areas (Izaro fight not included) and see how people complain. That is what people that (because whatever reason, from being noobs to personal choices) that don't invest in running through 5 traps in a quarter of a second feel like: that the traps make their choices completely invalid or that they are forced to play in a specific way or they are doing it wrong.
I love my slow tanky marauder, and I have run the labyrinth around 40 to 60 times with him for enchants, to help others, or because I was boring with mapping, but I still don't like it.
(The fact that the trash mobs are even trashier than expected as even the first time you run it you are probably over leveling it because of the Izaro fight doesn't help neither).
Last edited by Kaemonarch on May 30, 2016, 6:46:47 PM
Then you don't deserve it.
Dys an sohm
Rohs an kyn
Sahl djahs afah
Mah morn narr
Don't give up John! You can do it! The labyrinth can be really challenging at first, but after a while you start to learn more about your character, about their strengths, weaknesses, and how much punishment they can take; eventually you just ignore most of the traps. If you find that the lab. is too hard, don't fret over it, log off and try it again tomorrow. One of the quirks about the lab. is that difficulty can vary -- sometimes quite extremely -- from one iteration to the next. If you're still having trouble, send me a PM and we can run through it together. Finally, Reddit has a thread where players swap lab. discoveries which you may find useful. Hope this help.
Bring leap slam or blink arrow.

Don't stand on things that make you take damage. They are all big and obvious.

Bring a bleed flask.
It does take learning to beat... not just brute force. Problem for people who play HC characters.
Lab is joke,it's too eazy,you just spam movemnt skill through traps(i was horified when i was running lab first time in hc thou,it was blind,i didnt know that traps exist)It's boring and antifun thou.Neceseray evil to get ac points(i guess if there wasnt ac points,nobod woould this do shit,bigest ggg mistake ever)
Last edited by And1111 on May 30, 2016, 7:22:58 PM
"
And1111 wrote:
Lab is joke,it's too eazy,you just spam movemnt skill through traps(i was horified when i was running lab first time in hc thou,it was blind,i didnt know that traps exist)It's boring and antifun thou.Neceseray evil to get ac points(i guess if there wasnt ac points,nobod woould this do shit,bigest ggg mistake ever)

You did not enter the lab without knowing traps existed.
"
DrGoatMD wrote:
"
And1111 wrote:

You did not enter the lab without knowing traps existed.

I didnt know.I was like in merc lake and i was going to normal lab in PHC on day 1 or 2,you know,i'm 30 levels overleved,just to get done with that shit,i entered and i almost died on first set of traps(in trial btw,but its all same shit to me,it's all lab stuff),then i took research.Never thought ggg will implemnent such bullshit to game,i was horified for days :D
Last edited by And1111 on May 30, 2016, 7:33:44 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info