How does support mine and support trap work?

So...
I wanted to use some trap to freeze monters around me to protect myself from dmg..

And i didnt have all the gems needed at the time.. so I tryed this:

Remote Mine + fire trap - this result in MINE (have to detonate it, place at feet), but there was no DMG boost on tooltip compared to just fire trap

Then I tested:
Trap+Freeze mine - and this, to my surprise, resulted also in mine(not 100% sure about tooltip dps change)

So.. Im confused now... why is it that sup mine+trap=mine and sup trap+mine=mine...

Last edited by Nathaniell123 on May 29, 2016, 2:08:54 PM
Last bumped on May 29, 2016, 4:25:47 PM
Traps and mines are 2 separate skills. If you have a freeze mine for example, you do not need to link it to anything to use it. And it will work as a mine.

You can use an ice trap and it will work as a trap.

If you want to use just "trap" then you need to link a spell that will be set off once monster triggers it.

Hope that clears some things up.
There is an explicit ordering in which traps, mines and totems outrank each other. From the wiki:

"
When the Trap Support, Remote Mine Support, and Spell Totem Support or Ranged Attack Totem Support gems are all linked in combination with a skill, the result is a skill that lays a mine. When the mine is detonated, it lays a trap. When the trap is sprung, it casts a totem, which then can cast the linked skill.

"
suszterpatt wrote:
There is an explicit ordering in which traps, mines and totems outrank each other. From the wiki:

"
When the Trap Support, Remote Mine Support, and Spell Totem Support or Ranged Attack Totem Support gems are all linked in combination with a skill, the result is a skill that lays a mine. When the mine is detonated, it lays a trap. When the trap is sprung, it casts a totem, which then can cast the linked skill.

What?? Hahaha I didn't know this. So you can have a mine that sets a trap that casts a totem when triggered? Bwhahahaha

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info