What weapons and shields are most valuable?

So which properties are most useful / valuable for each type of rare weapons (axe, mace, dagger, sword, etc.) and shields in general?

There is so much of them - added damage, added damage to spells, mana / hp gained on hit, global critical strike chance, attack speed, spell damage, stun duration on enemies, increased physical damage, accuracy rating, etc. I am a bit confused. Just as with everything in PoE though. xD
Last edited by SunL4D2 on May 29, 2016, 2:43:18 AM
Last bumped on May 30, 2016, 2:54:27 AM
Weapons depends entirely on the build you're going for.

Shields you look for Life, Increased Armour / Evasion / Energy Shield, Resists, and block chance. Also Spell Damage and Spell Crit if you're using a Spirit Shield.
Last edited by elitedesolator on May 29, 2016, 2:56:51 AM
For me, I slowly realized that more and more weapons could be valuable. What helps the most is planning a lot of builds, and thinking "what would I want for this build?" Then you'll recognize an item that looks good.

The sweet spot is 3 good, synergistic rolls (like 2 high added elemental dmg rolls and good attack speed, or high %inc phys and hybrid phys/accuracy and high attack speed). Crafting on a 4th will usually make a weapon that could potentially sell. For caster weapons you also want to be aware of spell damage and spell crit. Spell weapons are harder to roll, so getting 2 good affixes might be enough on a spell weapon (just high spell damage and spell crit can easily sell, as long as it has an open suffix to mastercraft on crit multi).

Shields are pretty straightforward, high defenses, life, and resists. Or, high ES, spell damage, etc.

Honestly it depends. If you're just starting to sell items, I'd look up what other similar items are selling for on poe.trade . They don't have to match perfectly, but it should give you a ballpark.

To check how good the rolls on an item are, I'd recommend using exilemods.com and/or this AHK tool (https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1463814).
builds: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1663570/
ES shields with spell damage tend to be by far the most valuable types of shields because armor and evasion are meh.
IGN: Arlianth
Check out my LA build: 1782214
Thanks for the answers everyone.

I understand that mostly it's all comes down to your build but I am not asking about what will be usefull for me. I am asking what is more valuable in general for most players. Like life / Mana + 3 resists for any gear will be great for most build. I get only scratch of the answer I wanted.

What are most valuable and useless properties for weapons? What about Mana / Hp gain on kill, Physical damage reflected back, Increased stun recovery, Accuracy rating, Stun duration on enemies, etc? What are best and worst among them?

Added lightning or cold damage is always good, right? Since they can trigger devastating status effects - shock and freeze in case of critical hit. By the way. Added elemental damage will be added to skills that use base weapon damage or not?
Last edited by SunL4D2 on May 29, 2016, 7:53:28 AM
Basically you have three weapons types.

1. High physical damage

2. High spell damage

3. High elemental on hit damage

#1 is like bows, daggers, swords, wands and stuff
high physical dam like a few hundred
they like attack speed
crit multi
crit chance

#2 is like wands, daggers, sceptres
high spell dam like over 50%
they like cast speed
added elemental to spells
crit chance to spells
crit multi

#3 is less used and usually daggers, foils, bows, claws etc
have all three elemental dam to attack in high rolls or two with very high weapon elemental dam
attack speed
crit multi
crit chance

Thats just real basic to get you started. I dont even pick up two handers but bows.

Shield ...

save all shields with over 300 ES
Save all with over 900 armor
save all with over 900 evasion
save all with high hybrid like 600 armor/300ES

start price checking those and learn.

-good mods are spell dam on high ES shields
-high resits on high ES shields
-high life, block chance and resists on Armor and EV shields

Git R Dun!
Last edited by Aim_Deep on May 29, 2016, 11:02:56 AM
That was pretty informative, Sir!

But still what's with stats I listed? Are they useless?

<< Mana / Hp gain on kill, Physical damage reflected back, Increased stun recovery, Accuracy rating, Stun duration on enemies, etc. ??
"
SunL4D2 wrote:
That was pretty informative, Sir!

But still what's with stats I listed? Are they useless?

<< Mana / Hp gain on kill, Physical damage reflected back, Increased stun recovery, Accuracy rating, Stun duration on enemies, etc. ??

Mana/hp on kill is useless unless the weapon is like level 4 or something.

Increased stun recovery would be useful if it wasn't so easy to just avoid stun in the first place.

Accuracy rating is OK, but there are better ways to get it. (Note accuracy rating is considerably better now that Juggernaut can benefit from it).

Phys damage reflected back is pointless even if you have Crown of the pale king, because the values are so low, and there are 1c uniques which give much higher numbers.

Stun duration on enemies is probably only worth it for maces, and even then a damage stat would be better.
Face it, all of your suggestions are worse than this idea:
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/657756

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info