R.I.P. [2.6] Explosive Arrow - Champion Build Guide (DPS - multi class - HC viable)

This is my endgame gear, killed kaom and Daressso in maps without any problem and high maps are easy. I will try explosive arrow in new league But I will try elementalist version
"Is there such a thing as an absolute, timeless enemy? There is no such thing, and never has been. And the reason
is that our enemies are human beings like us. They can only be our enemies in relative terms."
Gl kamil.

The set up is ok. The boots are not the best tho. It's better if u use some rare boots with Armour base if that's possible. Try to use Opal rings.
Greengroove's Loot Filter Scripts: poeurl.com/OMs
Hey, I'm playing an EA Champion build in BSC which is very similair to yours.

I'm curious, with the nerf of Less Duration in 2.4, how big is the damage difference between level 3 Empower and a level 20 Less Duration? I know Less Duration has a huge Quality of Life feature to it and increases the amount of stacks you can get off in a certain window of time. But just taking in to consideration pure damage.

Also what's your opinion on the new Xoph uniques, primarily The Formless Inferno and Xoph's Heart? They seem to be good defensive options to replace Devoto's and Ngamahu with.

My EA Character

To be honest I don't know about damage as you may know it is not easy to calculate. I didn't bother. But for map clearing I would always choose reduced duration. I think Empower level 3 should give more damage tho. That could be an option for bosses.

The Xoph's Heart is ok but Ngamahu tiki is better.

Xoph's Blood is BAD because it has Avatar of fire. RIP.

The Formless Inferno has potential for the Elementalist (sinergy with Paragon of Calamity) but I'm not sure It's a good idea to be uncapped in fire resistance for an EA build.

http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/The_Formless_Inferno
http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Xoph%27s_Heart
http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Xoph%27s_Blood
Last edited by Greengroove on Dec 7, 2016, 2:01:52 PM
Well, on The Formless Inferno(and the other new uniques with similair affixes) uncapped actually means your total resistance and not your resistance under the cap.

So if you stack 200% Fire Res, you'll get 140% in Merciless, -30% from the Helmet, which makes it a total of 110% fire Res, giving you 110% Increased armour.

Uncapped practically means total resistance.
Last edited by Dixton on Dec 7, 2016, 2:11:48 PM
In that case it is good. I am not playing EA now so I can't test. But I think the helm will be GG for the Elementalist cause synergy with Paragon of Calamity. For the other classes Devoto is still great. The new helm might be better, but i can't say for sure.

Thanks for info. ;)
Currently leveling a duelist in Breach to give this a shot. I haven't played EA since beta, so I'm pretty stoked. I'm level 45 in early Cruel and wondering what you'd consider to be the minimum passive tree state to switch to EA. I would think being in position to take BM and EO and maybe at least one of the fire clusters would be a baseline, but I don't know.
From the top of my head I'd say EE + EO + Mortal conviction + 4 link + quill rain + Hyrri s bite (potentially for dex).

EA GEM MUST BE AS HIGH LEVEL AS POSSIBLE!

Even tho I think Elementalist is better. Easiest to level and free prolif. But champion is ok.
Last edited by Greengroove on Dec 16, 2016, 7:06:28 PM
"
Greengroove wrote:
From the top of my head I'd say EE + EO + Mortal conviction + 4 link + quill rain + Hyrri s bite (potentially for dex).

EA GEM MUST BE AS HIGH LEVEL AS POSSIBLE!

Even tho I think Elementalist is better. Easiest to level and free prolif. But champion is ok.

Sounds good. I thought about going elementalist instead but the free Fortify sort of sold me, especially since I'm not used to EA gameplay. I figured it'd be safer. I might reroll, who knows. o.O Is it easier leveling because of easy spellcasting until the transition?

Edit: Perused the elementalist post and it does seem like it'd be the overall stronger choice for softcore. I think I might reroll. Thanks for the tip!
Last edited by ConsPark on Dec 16, 2016, 7:22:23 PM
You are welcome. And yes in general it's easier because the tree doesn't need too much respec points and Firestorm synergy with EA. As in they bot deal fire damage.
Last edited by Greengroove on Dec 16, 2016, 7:33:32 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info