Patch server times out

I've just installed the game for the first time and when I run the client it hangs on "Checking resources..." while showing the patch notes.

I've searched the forums a bit and saw a solution suggesting running PackCheck.exe which is to be found in the game's folder. But it's not there O_O. I thought it might be an external application that needs to be downloaded from another site but I haven't found something like that as well.

I'm confused.

Maybe the servers are temporarily slow today?
I find it hard to believe it's related to my ISP or some antivirus software.

Any help would be appreciated.
Last bumped on May 30, 2016, 2:56:19 PM
"Checking resources..." can take AGES on some (even new) systems, just go watch a movie or something while it's working. Hopefully they fix that Windows weirdness someday.

Please reply with how long it actually takes your system, I'm interested.
It took about 5 minutes until it "Disconnected from patching server before patching completed. Try again".

Not sure what to try. Do you have any ideas? I'm feeling long.
Try again and take a WinMTR trace while attempting.
I downloaded WinMTR.
So I write 'pathofexile.com' in the host field, hit start, all while I run the Path of Exile updater?

http://pastebin.com/78JjWWHB

I cut out several hops of hosts which do not seem relevant, but after the 4th hop which I identified as my ISP's I included the full trace. There are two "No response from host". They looks suspicious.

The hosts that I got after my last ISP's:

xe-8-1-2-990.edge5.London1.Level3.net
No response from host
No response from host
ae5.dar02.dal06.networklayer.com
po2.fcr01.sr02.dal06.networklayer.com
7c.c9.f617.ip4.static.sl-reverse.com
"Disconnected from patching server..."

Any ideas?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type