[2.3] Offscreen Melee Witch: FB/IB Elementalist- Insane Prolif Chains

Last edited by KaptNCrounch on Jun 11, 2016, 11:43:23 PM
For DaneoftheHill- Try to replace that diamond ring when you can. As others mentioned, almost all your damage from unarmed / facebreakers comes from jewelry. Another solid option for boosting damage is Bringer of Rain, which comes with additional block chance as well. That will get your damage up to more mid-tier map range. Also having 2 or 3 damage utility flasks will keep you going. Atziri's promise (as long as you don't spec Avatar of fire), Vinktar's, Taste of Hate, Lion's Roar, things like that. Are you running blood rage for frenzy charges?

KaptNCrounch:
The pathing on your build seems kinda strange to me.
I suppose you're aiming for more jewel sockets, or maybe trying to travel to the elemental life leech by duelist?

I think some of the regular lightning nodes should be solid, no? You get a little additional pen too?

My take on a doryani's version tree is this, although I don't dip so far south:

https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAABAMCAN-Ka3qQ-lSuyL_fbX3SRlJMiyL0_EzvS2wLbRmTJ5f0CPTviFM1UlPAVPk3UEKXlT1fvOpqQ9fPjDZMs0mxVUtUR9AfYeKmvu_rJpU7DRa_EQ8Pq6yYfq8kizpY99eNGcM6VcaboeASGYoi6oPbGGqPRtlf-wno1jlSpwjdjPbaBbVYB9gk6-6Nv8LsVkia4DLRUUfUI7TFRZ1FRzB8N9QwcWKsU1LAZo19yNztP92obIwEs63xPAUj9kt4naqiABhdn9_vfE2SOkLwH5o7gpvsODrYhXsnL2ZUkFWUbxo4cg9xhcy31XWxQtq5Rtc=
I agree that my passive tree needs to look more like yours but with the scion life wheel
I'm following this build for the most part this season, with some slight changes in the tree potentially, and was curious why you didn't go for Elemental Focus on the right side of the tree. It's only moderately further out of the way than the other paths you take and all three of the nodes seem good (or even just the two, if you take them from your current tree). It wasn't mentioned in the build video. I'm still only level 62 and pretty poor in the league, but am open to thought on my gear and tips on improvements I should think about making. I have a fair bit of currency now that I could start spending as needed.

Sorry, haven't been keeping up much with this thread but here's an answer:

"
why you didn't go for Elemental Focus on the right side of the tree

So it's not that those nodes are bad, but the build I posted is finished around level 90. I don't think those two points are better than anything you'd have to cut to get them.

When builds are reaching this level you have to look at the things on the edge of the tree to see where you can cut from to find room. Frenzy charges, Herbalism, Acuity, the life regen of Growth and Decay or Quick Recovery, Flask Nodes, Purity of Flesh, Devotion. I like all those things more than the elemental damage offered by those two.

If you go above level 90 those two points would be a good pickup, I just couldn't find a way to fit them in, and the build probably needs more life than anything.

As far as gear, there's a few obvious upgrades:

A Great Old One's Ward should be reasonably cheap now. The Life roll / attack speed / and flat phys are all great.

You should be able to replace goldrims by using a rare with a high life roll and two high resists (above 40%)

After that point it's just going to cost more to get better rolls on things. More life / resists on your rings in addition to the flat phys rolls.
Getting a Rumi's for high block also catapults your survivability.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info