Help me theorycraft a bit please with 2.3 build

Paste it in POE skill tree planner v2.2.9- https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAABAIBAK_rAdGiQPT4oSLEorvj_rp9ddN-SO7vegBePeLuDvajGY54roGs_MUVIO2DsbMzkrcXDY3dDQkzLYMILkMTXPlbr4d20TYZtGRaFHXjn-Isvqc4lhjbSn1lTXTxvTYppUd-hNkvzMGCTUZi7ITv2sEuU3Tt028FLXrvo4oj9k2SjX0wfMjcwUn-HVFHjb8FtcLstMXb50cG2HZW9dtul9COirk-rGYs4X3jbAjximKsbIznVCT9_9431O0_Ps-95gzypcuXBhmKwzoqOEMxwzNaGnXL6mJrkBLxX3CDbS9yLU0=

My idea was to build a Dagger + Shield character that uses Frost blades. Eva is converted to Armour. As a chest i would use a Belly of the beast + Raider asc (Quartz Infusion, Rapid Assault, Avatar of Chase) instead of Daresso for Onslaught.

And finally my problems with this:
- As you can see i only have 115% inc maximum life from tree + 35-40% belly will be enough?
- Does crit chance and multi is enough?
- Will this build handle a Abyssus? or better to use a rare helmet or Alpha (hatred, enlighten, blasphemy + enfeeble)?
- Other layers of defense will be Arctic armour / CWDT + 10lvl molten shell + IC.

Thanks for answers and suggestions.
Last bumped on May 27, 2016, 10:05:12 AM
http://poeurl.com/DDG
Here is generic crit build, usually its not worth to take shield nodes unless its fully committed build.
Not sure if Iron Reflexes are worth it. Unstead u can get acro+phase acro and armor from flask.
*upd*There will be 8 ascendancy points in 2.3
*upd2*consider taking avatar of slaughter instead of avatar of chase. also other ascendancies need a closer look.
Last edited by eternallink on May 27, 2016, 6:25:59 AM
Not enough life at all. End game should be 150% in softcore at the absolute minimum, ignoring all gear. Aim for 160-180 with 3 jewel sockets.

Crit chance is too low, youre looking at about 20-25% crit chance total with that passive tree. Want atleast 400% crit chance on tree for a crit build in my opinion. Crit multi will increase when you get crit passives also, as a lot of them have multi attached.

As for abyssus, I would go rats nest because abyssus hurts. Plus you won't have enough crit% to reliably use the multiplier on abyussus for damage. If you manage to gain 60%+ crit with a shield and shield passives for block/defense, youll be able to use abyssus. Atleast for a softcore build, as long as you increase your health significantly.

Belly of the beast has pretty low armor+EV so you will be lacking on armor. Try increase your health elsewhere then get a lightning coil or daressos defiance. Lightning coil is probably the best possible choice when using an Abyssus.

Your build will have plenty defense as long as you increase life in passive tree.

This is the build I created with heavy influence from build guides that I can't remember the name to. It is by no means optimised and can be better. It is similar to what you are playing, but it uses evasion/dodge and will be dual weilding daggers. 166% life and no jewel sockets, so it has room to be optimised but I'll do that as I play it during prophecy

Main benefits compared to your build is max dodge attack/spell, high evasion, much higher crit, higher life. Downsides are that evasion/dodge is chance based, whereas armor is a direct reduction to damage. But ive seen this build reach 1.5m tooltip dps on reave so I'm not too worried. As long as I kill it before it kills me.

https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAABAIBAJuNCC5rkF9w7YMS8YNtGY4vcjy-AF4tTdjV0359de96_rruDvajo4oVICP23Q0tg02SjX3glVuvGbQwfJ-CDY1OKr6nyNxRR1boFfaHdiPTZU1gQcFJPs-Nv-dUYnnjn49gbye9NmNwC8H-Hb3mBbXUIyT9AAZKfZpqR35Xl8LsMHH_3oTZQzG0xd2owzPawQzyYqzb50t4Whp07aXLbIxHBjpCBS2dqtDQ2HZ67zY9j_pW9bk-62Pw1VxA226sZhEvtUiVLklRVL2X0Czh1EIHHhXtjop946Z_hG8RlpaL7UF1_ZAb1bkWv3BWJpWaE2Hi29RVS4w2idNwUioL

Last edited by MyNameIsSalo on May 27, 2016, 10:05:54 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info