[2.3] Theory Crafting Juggernaut Max Block Righteous Fire

I was putting a build together and I wanted to know if anyone had thoughts on it.

The actual idea behind this build is survive-ability. I've ran other popular Righteous Fire builds avoiding the map mods recommended, but have still been able to meet my demise to certain monsters. I wanted to make a build that could counteract the monsters I was dieing to with previous builds so I considers adding Max Block chance to Righteous Fire and this build was the result.

Full Passive Tree

Gems
Spoiler

Righteous Fire - Increased Burning Damage - Elemental Focus - Increased Area of Effect/Concentrated Effect
Reckoning - Vengeance - Blasphemy - Warlord's Mark
Cast When Damage Taken - Tempest Shield - Leap Slam - Fortify
Empower - Purity of Fire - Summon Stone Golem
Discharge - Elemental Focus - Fire Penetration

Jewels
Spoiler

Reckless Defence Cobalt Jewel x5

Flasks
Spoiler

Health Flask
Ruby Flask
Basalt Flask
Granite Flask
Quicksilver Flask

What I have put together so far is:
16.9 Life Regeneration (18.4% Life Regeneration w/ Fortify)
125% Mana Regeneration
78% Block Chance & Spell Block Chance
8 Endurance Charges
93-95% Maximum Fire Resistance
44 Dex, 94 Intelligence, 372 Strength
280% Armour, 174% Max Life, +1550 Max Life
+19% All Elemental Resistances (+51% All Elemental Resistances w/ Full Endurance Charges)

Uniques:
Doon Cuebiyari Vaal Sceptre
Rise of the Phoenix Mosaic Kite Shield
The Anvil Amber Amulet
Kaom's Heart Glorious Plate

Last edited by XerxezBreak on May 29, 2016, 1:20:58 AM
Last bumped on May 29, 2016, 5:15:58 PM
For what purpose have you chosen Resolute Technique? It has no effect on Righteous Fire, or any spells you would be using, are you trying to use RF AND an attack skill as your main sources of damage? That would not be advised, as you have no physical damage increases to make it worth an attack skill, which brings me smoothly to my next point, your weapon? You are missing out on SOOO much RF damage by not having something like a Doryani's Catalyst (which also has some a fair amount of physical damage)

I would advise using those 3 points you've used to get to Resolute Technique, to spec into the 20% health up by the Endurance Charge West of the Templar start, a much better investment and one of the highest/cheapest health increases on the tree.
"
smittles wrote:
For what purpose have you chosen Resolute Technique? It has no effect on Righteous Fire, or any spells you would be using, are you trying to use RF AND an attack skill as your main sources of damage? That would not be advised, as you have no physical damage increases to make it worth an attack skill, which brings me smoothly to my next point, your weapon? You are missing out on SOOO much RF damage by not having something like a Doryani's Catalyst (which also has some a fair amount of physical damage)

I would advise using those 3 points you've used to get to Resolute Technique, to spec into the 20% health up by the Endurance Charge West of the Templar start, a much better investment and one of the highest/cheapest health increases on the tree.
Sorry still haven't full updated the build. The plan is to use Heavy Strike, Melee Splash, Fortify, & Endurance Charge on Stun. Even without crit the Callinellus Malleus Auric Mace provides enough physical damage for the maintenance of Endurance Charges. The idea isn't to deal Physical Damage, but rather keep up a source of Fortify & Endurance Charges for Defense.

I have to say it helps a lot during long boss fights! So far I've only partially tested the build, but until 2.3 comes out I have no chance to fully test it.
Regardless of whether you want RT, dropping some of the life wheel for the 6-8-6 nodes including Devotion is definitely purely better. 15% health vs 20% health, 20 strength, 3% increased aura effect.

I see 13.5% life regen w/o fortify, or 14.7% with full endurance charges up. Where's the 2.2% I'm missing?

Your trees don't have ascendancy points spent. I'm assuming it'll be Unflinching, Unyielding, Unrelenting, and... Unbreakable or Unstoppable seem like the obvious choices.

Does the Callinellus Malleus actually let you stun bosses? Or do you just stun the adds? It seems like spamming Enduring Cry from time to time might be better. You're using a skill either way but Enduring Cry works every time *and* works vs bosses with no adds, whereas depending on a stun may leave you without endurance charges. It also frees you up to use a weapon with damage instead of one with reduced stun threshold.

I don't see the 78/78 block chance. Where do you get any chance to block spells from? And how do you count 78 on attacks? Looks like 24 from shield and 23 from passives, so 47/0.
"
dyfrgi wrote:
Regardless of whether you want RT, dropping some of the life wheel for the 6-8-6 nodes including Devotion is definitely purely better. 15% health vs 20% health, 20 strength, 3% increased aura effect.

I see 13.5% life regen w/o fortify, or 14.7% with full endurance charges up. Where's the 2.2% I'm missing?

Your trees don't have ascendancy points spent. I'm assuming it'll be Unflinching, Unyielding, Unrelenting, and... Unbreakable or Unstoppable seem like the obvious choices.

Does the Callinellus Malleus actually let you stun bosses? Or do you just stun the adds? It seems like spamming Enduring Cry from time to time might be better. You're using a skill either way but Enduring Cry works every time *and* works vs bosses with no adds, whereas depending on a stun may leave you without endurance charges. It also frees you up to use a weapon with damage instead of one with reduced stun threshold.

I don't see the 78/78 block chance. Where do you get any chance to block spells from? And how do you count 78 on attacks? Looks like 24 from shield and 23 from passives, so 47/0.
First and foremost, I have updated the skill tree.

Secondly, 13.9% from skill tree, 1.6% from Endurance Charges, & 1.5% from Fortify equals 17% total.

Thirdly, you are correct.

Fourthly, Heavy Slam was for leveling purposes since the build doesn't have a lot of damage to begin with, but gaining endurance charges from Warlord's Mark & Unflinching will allow you to use Discharge, which in turn will be re-triggered by Warlord's Mark. Discharge will release a formidable damage, but this build is focused around maintaining Righteous Fire in a safe and secure manner so that it can provide a constant stream of dps.

Finally, 24% from Shield, 23% from Passives, 8% from The Anvil, 3% from Tempest Shield, & 20% from 5 Reckless Defense Jewels for a total of 78% Block Chance & 100% Block Chance applied to Spells.
Ouch, 5 Reckless Defense means you'll be getting crit most of the time when you do get hit. Have you had any problems with getting bursted by big hits?
"
dyfrgi wrote:
Ouch, 5 Reckless Defense means you'll be getting crit most of the time when you do get hit. Have you had any problems with getting bursted by big hits?
With the added reflect there should be plenty of time to recover between big hits. This build utilizes a high HP pool so there shouldn't be any big hits in the game currently to be unavoidable.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info