[2.4] The Master of Agony - CI / ZO + Tri-Curse Essence Drain / Contagion Trickster

"
Askalon wrote:
Just want to thank you. Running your build at the prophecy HC at the moment (lvl 90) and having much fun. Unfortunately without a veil and disciplibe instead. However, it clears good and feels really safe.

Thanks for your build and the effort of posting and maintaining.

Thank you for the kind words!

I will update this build (and the Scion one) for 2.4 soon!
"
djnat wrote:
"
Askalon wrote:
Just want to thank you. Running your build at the prophecy HC at the moment (lvl 90) and having much fun. Unfortunately without a veil and disciplibe instead. However, it clears good and feels really safe.

Which one are you running for Essence?

Hob
"
Hobben wrote:
"
djnat wrote:
"
Askalon wrote:

Which one are you running for Essence?

Hob

I still don't know. I am waiting to have the full picture of 2.4 changes (especially if there are passive tree ones).

Scion and Trickster are both good, but if the T16+ bosses are really difficult, the extra survivability of the Trickster could be better at the start of the league.
Last edited by djnat on Aug 26, 2016, 5:55:40 PM
I'm searching for build to use in new league, did read almost whole topic, but didn't see anyone asking about uber lab, is this build good for farming it?
Hi and thx for de Build djnat!!!

I wish to play this build in 2.4 but I have some questions:

the skill "wither" is now channelled skill, so can we still link it to "spell totem support" and it work?

they nerf poison damage by 2%, so the recommended dagger "the consuming dark" I soppose is still viable. right?

Finally de boots "brinerot whalers" from warbands league seems unaviable for this league, so there is another unique opion or I must look for good rare boots?

thx again.
This build, unfortunately, received some nerfs in the 2.4 patch notes.

- Poison damage lowered by 2%
- Pierce support gem nerfed (20% additional mana multiplier, 10% reduced damage at max rank)
- Curse effectiveness against bosses is farther reduced.

This will slightly impact single target damage and survivability @ bosses. Clear speed should be nearly untouched.

To answer the questions:

1. The build will be still excellent for Uber Lab farming. Survivability will be still fantastic, just a bit less overpowered than before against Izaro due to curse efficiency reduction.

2. I guess we have to try the wither thing when patch comes out. I think that spell totem should still work.

3. The Consuming Dark will be still BIS for this build.

4. Brinerot Whalers are accessible via prophecies which makes warband leaders spawn.

Happy essence!

I'll update the thread and answer all the questions when I can. A lot of testing will be made at the start of 2.4 because of the changes, to see if there are better gear solutions / passive changes.

From what I know at the moment, gear is still the same and passive tree stays untouched.
Last edited by djnat on Aug 31, 2016, 7:36:15 PM
Ok, thank you we will waiting for updates! :)
Build updated for 2.4! Despite of some (small) nerfs, this is still super viable for the upcoming league.

Happy Essence! :)
Hello.

I'm trying this as Occultist. What changes to the tree would you make for that?
What's the main differences between this version and ghazzy's trickster non-tri curse one? Besides the different ascension and less curses, which clears faster? which is safer? which is better on a 0 budget new-league character?

Thanks to both of you

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info